Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    SAS should close Offline Merchants Accounts after 14 day...
    Here is my suggestions:

SAS should close Merchants Accounts after they have been Offline for 14 day and make them reapply and pay the startup fees again if they want to re-join the network.

SAS should either make it manatory that all NEW Merchants signup for auto deposit or pay a $100 fee each time they go offline.

I like SAS and the people who work their but the Offline thing drives me nuts!!!
    MERCHANTS: Start showing your coupons directly on your site, that way your shoppers will stop leaving your site looking for them!! If not then remove your Coupon Box!!

ABW Ambassador
    I second your suggestions ...
    Plus it is the way SAS can keep those nasty merchants taking advantage of affiliates by staying offline and online like a yo yo

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    OR maybe after 14 days they go into a new "Suspended" category - if they pay a fine and place $XXX into their auto deposit account within a second 14 day period they are re-activated, otherwise they will have to re-apply (maybe after a waiting period) as you said.

Only allow one suspension - offline after than, and they are out.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    I agree - merchants who regularly go offline need to be penalized in some way to make it unattractive for them to disregard the importance of maintaining their programs.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

ABW Ambassador
    It sucks that merchants get away with being offline over and over again. It would be good if they were penalised somehow.

Tax Paying Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Julian View Post
    It sucks that merchants get away with being offline over and over again. It would be good if they were penalised somehow.
    Am I missing something here.??
    Appears to me that the best "penalty" is to quit promoting them.
    You must climb this mountain. There is no elevator. ---- Don't stick your finger in the liquid nitrogen.
    Carolina China

Here is my first Merchant to suggest:

Agoo Apparel Inc. - Temporarily Offline 05/10/2010 at 5:46:14 PM

I have contacted them and they did not reply.
    MERCHANTS: Start showing your coupons directly on your site, that way your shoppers will stop leaving your site looking for them!! If not then remove your Coupon Box!!

Affiliate Manager Matt McWilliams's Avatar
    The best penalty is affiliates dropping them. In fact, that is the penalty they pay.

Who wants to work with a merchant that keeps going offline, fine or no fine?
    Matt McWilliams
    Call Me At: (317) 825-8826 | Follow Me On Twitter: @MattMcWilliams2 | Connect With Me On LinkedIn

They don't see the results of affiliates dropping them (or not joining them in the first place). A reactivation fee is a visible result that might get their attention.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Quote Originally Posted by Witzer View Post
    Am I missing something here.??
    Appears to me that the best "penalty" is to quit promoting them.
    +1

ShareASale doesn't need to do anything more than what they are doing. Other networks don't make merchants fuel an escrow account to get started, which is already a big plus for us, as affiliates. Direct Deposit should also be on everyone's list of "must haves" before considering a merchant.

Other networks invoice merchants "after the fact" - and we just hope to get paid. Merchants there can go "off line" and still keep selling through aff referrals - and then not pay, or make excuses for being late.

With the current system in place at SAS we get paid on the 20th or 21st of the month following a sale. Compare that with the lag time at GAN, for example.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

My point is that SAS has to do something to fix their biggest problem which is offline merchants and merchants who keep going offline (from my point of view).

My suggest was just that a suggestion and I really do not care what they do but something needs to be done. Yes you can stop promoting the merchants and I do that all of the time which is a pain in the A$$

Affiliate Manager ParadigmWilliam's Avatar
    SAS should still track the sales and make the merchant pay the "back" sale commission to the affiliates in order to become active again, if not boot them out.

Also, make each merchant have a retainer fee of 10% of what they pay out. If they go offline to long they loose the retainer fee and are banned and have to reapply.
    [URL="http://www.manageaffiliatelinks.com/"][COLOR="Red"][B]Manage Affiliate Links[/B][/COLOR][/URL] - Redirect Dead, Expired, or Broken Links

[URL="http://www.wpcoupon.com/"][COLOR="Blue"][B]WP Coupon[/B][/COLOR][/URL] - Turn Wordpress into a Coupon Site!

Quote Originally Posted by ParadigmWilliam View Post
    SAS should still track the sales and make the merchant pay the "back" sale commission to the affiliates in order to become active again, if not boot them out..
    I fully agree!!

maybe this is already available, but it would be nice to have an easy way to see which merchants have been offline recently and how often they go low funds or offline. maybe a count of the times they have gone offline in the past year or a percentage of time online. hours/days offline in the past year... something like that

it would also be nice to be able to set up some redirect for bad sas links to have them go to the merchant page anyway or to your own page. superCool thinks it really stinks to send a visitor to a page that says the merchant is offline.

if either of these options are already available please let superCool know

You'll be superHappy to know that you can see the uptime history for merchants on SAS. On the merchant detail page, in the block of links near the top of the detail, look for the "Program Uptime History" link. It shows all history since 7/17/05, when they started tracking the history.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Five minutes, eh? That was a superQuick response.

Actually, I saw the comment in an email notification - and was coming here to post a response. Too late...
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

superCool sees that now - thanks MichaelColey

there is a view called "Program Uptime History" on the merchant view page....yes exactly thanks

Tax Paying Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ParadigmWilliam View Post
    SAS should still track the sales and make the merchant pay the "back" sale commission to the affiliates in order to become active again, if not boot them out.
    I may be wrong, but I think that when a merchant is offline that your links to that merchant do not work, therefore there will be no sales while the merchant is offline.

Actually the affiliate is protected more by SAS methods that by the other networks.
    You must climb this mountain. There is no elevator. ---- Don't stick your finger in the liquid nitrogen.
    Carolina China

Quote Originally Posted by Witzer View Post
    I may be wrong, but I think that when a merchant is offline that your links to that merchant do not work, therefore there will be no sales while the merchant is offline.

Actually the affiliate is protected more by SAS methods that by the other networks.
    But in this case it makes a bad impression on the affiliate site and the shopper never return to that affiliate site.

No matter if they get sent to the merchant sites and their is a 50/50 chance that I will get paid for the sale or the shopper get a "invalid Link" or return to my site they will leave my site and never return and I loose that sale and all other future sales.

My goal is to stop making my site looking bad because of SAS's Offline Policy. I for one am will to take a 50/50 chance of not getting paid as long as I see the click in my invalid links report.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by superCool View Post
    it would also be nice to be able to set up some redirect for bad sas links to have them go to the merchant page anyway or to your own page. superCool thinks it really stinks to send a visitor to a page that says the merchant is offline.

if either of these options are already available please let superCool know
    Offline link redirect can be done under "Account Setting"
    -- Custom Error Redirect for "Temporarily Offline Merchants"

I agree with kse and others that SAS should do something to stop those merchants from playing "online-offline" games for whatever reasons.

Certified Affiliate Manager sunshiner's Avatar
    I totally agree that SAS needs to address it. It seems that some merchants repeatedly are "temporarily" offline and I hate that my shoppers get the "inactive" link. It makes us look bad. Perhaps if SAS had to notify us everytime a merchant did go offline then they would get tired of it and impose some type of penalty.

Quote Originally Posted by mayfly View Post
    Offline link redirect can be done under "Account Setting"
    -- Custom Error Redirect for "Temporarily Offline Merchants"
    WOW - Share-a-Sale is fast at improving their affiliate tools. way to go. superCool asked for some enhancements and they were completed in minutes. awesome

so anyway, superCool has to admit that sas is maybe cooler than he gave them credit for. looks like superCool just needs to bone up on the tools that are available.

....soooooooo
    nevermind.....superCool agrees with kse

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    There is the offline redirect that can help the situation of getting the "Offline" message... if you would rather that your visitor saw another message - you can utilize that redirect to send the traffic back to your site. You can then do whatever you want with is such as display a similar merchant, display your own message, or just forward them to the merchant site if you wish (although tracking in this instance would not be in place).

The RSS feed is available as well with Offline/Online notifications - although the redirect mentioned above would give you real-time feedback and is probably preferable in large affiliate site implementations.

I'll read the thread more fully to discuss the options of fines, deletion, etc... I just wanted to get the above in because they can greatly ease the pain of offline situations if they are utilized.
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton
    President/CEO - ShareASale.com, Inc.

Outsourced Program Manager - Parenting Niche hermedia's Avatar
    I find Google crazy for the temp offline merchants Share a Sale not so much.

Thanks for the info Brian - I will get it out to my affiliates .....

Outsourced Program Manager
    I have to agree with Matt that the affiliate is in command. If you find a merchant goes off line more than twice drop them. They obviously don't care about their program so why should you all promote them and care.

If you really like them, send them a note why you are dropping them and if they are smart they will entice you with higher commisions/bonus to get you back on board.
    Richard
    Affiliate Marketing Manager AMWSO
    Digestinol, Luxe-Design

Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up. Pablo Picasso

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast