ABW Ambassador
    ASE 2010 NYC Hotel Choices?
    I am not sure yet if I will be attending the ASE 2010.
    But a prelim look at the hotels in NYC from 8/14 to 8/21 looks a bit expensive (at least $1200 for a decent hotel).
    Any idea on possible savings / deals on the NYC hotels here

Radio City Apartments is an easy walk to ASE 2010.
    http://www.radiocityapartments.com/
    Radio City Apartments is a comfortable and affordable hotel hidden in the heart of Mid-Town Manhattan just steps from Rockefeller Center and Times Square.

The “homey” atmosphere and the kitchenette each room is equipped with, make the Radio City Apartments a perfect solution for the business traveler who requires an over night stay and for tourists with their children.

RADIO CITY APARTMENTS
    142 West 49th Street
    New York, NY 10019
    I once stayed there and really liked the kitchenette -- that's a feature you don't always get in a NYC hotel

Safe area near many restaurants
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

I suggest staying in a Hotel, but if you want to go cheap there are hostels in NYC, just Google "list of hostels in NYC"

The The Big Apple Hostel has a fairly close location: 119 West 45th Street New York, NY 10036
    http://www.bigapplehostel.com/index.html

The problem with their private rooms is that the bathrooms are shared -- I've never stayed in a hostel so don't ask *LOL*
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

The convention hotel at the convention price ($189/night non-refundable rate through 6/10, $229 refundable rate through 7/22) is a fairly decent deal for NYC. (Four nights is less than $900 after taxes at the lower rate.)

You might be able to get a bit better of a price on a comparable hotel nearby through Priceline.

If you have many business expenses that you can pay with a credit card (like PPC), consider a Hilton or Starwood AmEx. You can use your points for hotels, and point redemptions are often an especially good value in places like NYC, Europe and Hawaii. Plus with either of those programs, you can get status (which can get you perks like upgrades, lounge access, and/or breakfast) with certain levels of annual spending.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

ABW Ambassador
    The starwood or hilton points are a great idea to consider accumulating.
    Rhia7 - I am looking for at least a 3 star hotel within walking distance to the Hilton. Thanks for your suggestions.

Affiliate Summit Guy Shawn Collins's Avatar
    We've had some people inquire about sharing rooms and pointed them here, so anybody open to sharing might get some quick responses if they put it out there.
    Affiliate Summit - Las Vegas on January 10-12, 2016

Regardless of the star ratings/cost of the hotel, anyone planning on staying in any hotel [expensive or not] in New York City should check the Bedbug Registry. When I was a little girl Grandma used to joke about bedbugs in a poem at night but they are not a joke in New York City/surrounding areas any longer.

The Plaza Hotel on 5th Avenue is one of New York City's most expensive hotels but apparently there were bedbug sitings:
    Plaza Hotel
    5th Ave
    New York, NY
    Found 1 report:
    Submitted by "Plaza Hotel" on 07/28/2009

Bed bugs were crawling on the draperies and the windowsill of the room. The hotel was very accommodating and upgraded us to a nicer room, but we were still pretty disgusted by the incident.
    http://bedbugregistry.com/hotel/NY/New-York/Plaza-Hotel
    Check here for sitings across the United States and Canada:
    http://bedbugregistry.com/
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Bedbugs? Uh-Oh - I'm afraid to check - I don't wanna check - I will not check. Because...
    ...We just reserved two rooms for three nights (at the non-refundable rate).

Regardless, we are looking forward to Affiliate Summit.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

how about renting a room at hotel NY 189/night with 2 beds and split the cost with someone else?

Outsourced Program Manager - Parenting Niche hermedia's Avatar
    Open to sharing a room
    I have been to a few conferences on my own and the networking /fun seems to be increased with a roomie...

Not sure how to post this since I don't want it to sound like I am looking for a date

So ... I am willing to share a room with 1-2 people (so long as I get a bed I am all good) - I don't snore - if you do it's ok I can wear ear plugs

I am not a party girl - seriously. I am a single parent of three so I am excited about the idea of 8 hours of un interrupted sleep

drop me a tweet @hermedia

BTW - yes I am from Canada but I promise to not wear a toque and I am of the 10% of Canada that DOES NOT smoke that wacky weed

8 hours of uninterrupted sleep? You've never been to Affiliate Summit before, have you.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey View Post
    8 hours of uninterrupted sleep? You've never been to Affiliate Summit before, have you.

I think I got a full eight hours at AffSum in Vegas (but we were there for five nights).
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

The $229 group rate at the Hilton New York is nearly filled, so be sure to book ASAP if you want to stay there - http://www.hilton.com/en/hi/groups/p...12/index.jhtml

The hotel is not willing/able to allocate more space to us.

I would like to find someone to share a room with. I'm not a partier or snoorer. Very considerate.

http and a telephoto
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Collins View Post
    The $229 group rate at the Hilton New York is nearly filled, so be sure to book ASAP if you want to stay there - http://www.hilton.com/en/hi/groups/p...12/index.jhtml

The hotel is not willing/able to allocate more space to us.
    The room rate is filled for Saturday, they are willing to allow the rate on Sunday and Monday, but Saturday is $359.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    I would like to find someone to share a room with. I'm not a partier or snoorer. Very considerate.
    Go to PlentyofFish so I can respond

Seriously, if a stay is $900, ABW should set up a roomate finder thread for the event.

I'd recommend Loxly, but she snores. Or was that Vinnie?

http and a telephoto
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Kay View Post
    I'd recommend Loxly, but she snores. Or was that Vinnie?
    Depends who you ask

I agree a roommate finder for ASE is a great idea. I can seriously fly to Vegas and stay a week (2 of us fly that is) for less than the hotel in NYC.... but it's Manhattan!!

I procrastinated getting the hotel booked but still....

I booked into the DoubleTree ( a Hilton property ), which is about a 10 minute walk to ASE and slightly cheaper than the event Hilton. And, no, I'm not checking the bedbug registry... I think I'd rather not know.

Paul I have stayed there its not that bad, they were actually remodeling the place. Guess it was about 5 years ago or more
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Collins View Post
    The $229 group rate at the Hilton New York is nearly filled...
    The rate is gone now.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
    I booked into the DoubleTree ( a Hilton property ), which is about a 10 minute walk to ASE and slightly cheaper than the event Hilton. And, no, I'm not checking the bedbug registry... I think I'd rather not know.
    Just changed from the conference hotel to the DoubleTree myself. Expedia has a non-refundable rate of $179/nt. I'll walk 10 minutes a few times to save $100.
    Your Ad Here.

See http://goo.gl/maps/ldgg for a map of local hotels and their proximity to the Hilton New York.

Doubletree for me! $179 rate is not too shabby for Manhattan.
    J. Duffield Affiliate Manager at Snow Consulting
    Let's Connect-PassTheSEO|#GSEG|Twitter|LinkedIn|Blog "Knowledge is Power."

http and a telephoto
    {off topic note} Shawn, we are using QRCodes on the flyers and biz cards we are handing out at summit People can "shoot" the code and add us to their contacts without any typing
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

25. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread