I知 a beginner, need some help!
    I wish to start making money online. Just enough to pay a few bills etc. Is this asking too much? At present I am unsure which area to go into. Affiliate marketing looks possible. But there are so many e-books/courses I do not know here to start.
    Therefore, I have decided to ask for advice from other members. What are the pitfalls or the chances of being sold a dud product or course. Can you recommend any products?
    Any input would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you!

Save your $, read/study the posts on ABestWeb
    I believe you should save your $ and not buy any e books or learning courses. Probably they are rip offs. You can learn a tremendous amount, by reading the threads here on ABestWeb and participating. There are many people here, Merchants and Advertisers alike, with a tremendous amount of experience and they are willing to help. I am very new here, but I have learned a lot, in a short time. Welcome to ABW and GL!

Quote Originally Posted by kristiamy View Post
    I wish to start making money online. Just enough to pay a few bills etc. Is this asking too much? At present I am unsure which area to go into. Affiliate marketing looks possible. But there are so many e-books/courses I do not know here to start.
    Therefore, I have decided to ask for advice from other members. What are the pitfalls or the chances of being sold a dud product or course. Can you recommend any products?
    Thank you!

Kristiamy, maybe we can help each other out. i don't know how to private message you here as i am new here also. Maybe try emailing me? tickets4everything@gmail.com and we can chat that way? Let's see what happens

when i started one year ago, my girlfriend got me one of those books with one of those titles you should run away from "how i made my first million on the internet" (by Ewan Chia or something, i am going from memory).

Well, even though the title is pretentious, cheesy and spammy, it will give you all the basic info you need on what is what. all the techniques he explains, actually worked for me.

Grandma broke her coccyx! Uncle Rico's Avatar
    Check out the Magic Bullet thread.

Affiliate Manager Resume Companion's Avatar
    When it comes to any business there are going to costs and risks. I think before you start down this road of affiliate marketing you need to be prepared for the fact that it will take money and time before you start making money. There are always exceptions to the rule, but generally speaking learning is done through trial and error - and in business that means both money invested and opportunity cost (ie what you could have made in income if you took that day job)

If you are prepared for this, then the next step is to find a topic of interest you will enjoy working on and thinking about 24x7. Doesnt make sense to work on something that doesnt interest you.

Hope this helps.

The best way to start making money online is through affiliate marketing. But that's not to say that you will be making money easily and quickly. Affiliate marketing is not a get-rich-quick scheme, although some lucky ones hit the payload quickly and without much effort. You will have to invest a lot of time learning what works for you and what doesn't.
    To help out newbies we offer free Affiliate Marketing Lessons on our website. There are no step-by-step guides there but they contain everything that you need to know to get started.
    Michelle
    Affilorama Group Ltd
    Affiliate Marketing by Affilorama | Free SEO Software by Traffic Travis

Quote Originally Posted by kristiamy View Post
    Thank you!
    Hi Kristiamy.

Don't worry about looking what to do Online, ask yourself what Interests or Hobbies you have, and look for niche market or sub niche that will best discribe the knowledge you already have.

Maybe start a blog or Squidoo lense page with you choosen niche, became an expert within that niche, and you will succeed online.

All the Best
    Ian
    Last edited by traffmag; May 31st, 2010 at 05:19 AM. Reason: added lense

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread