Question Free blog can earn money?
    As a new guy in this field, I don't really know how to arrange my work everyday. Now I got 3 sites. 2 using Wordpress and another using blogger, well, one thing seemed strange to me is blogger get PR much easier than 2 Wordpress. , should I just using blogger? Free blogs can earn money?

It depends more on what's in them than what they are in, but do not count on a fee blogger site to base your business on.

Grandma broke her coccyx! Uncle Rico's Avatar
    How much traffic are the WP sites getting compared to the blogger site?

Quote Originally Posted by SeymourButts View Post
    How much traffic are the WP sites getting compared to the blogger site?
    well, I didn't do much work on 2 blogger blogs, but the WP I got 2 PR5 exchange links and more than 50 links.

Quote Originally Posted by 2busy View Post
    It depends more on what's in them than what they are in, but do not count on a fee blogger site to base your business on.
    Yeah, after checked these days, I decided to take your advice, paying gets more willing. Thanks.

http and a telephoto
    Are the WP sites on Wordpress.com or on your own domains? WP.com doesn't allow affiliate linking or advertising on their hosted blogs. On your own domain you can do what ever you want.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Banned
    Woke downing
    Quote Originally Posted by 2busy View Post
    it depends more on what's in them than what they are in, but do not count on a fee blogger site to base your business on.
    maybe you are right

It is more than possible to use a free blog to make money at home. Potentially, this income source could even inspire an entire self employment career. Creating a popular, revenue-generating blog takes a lot of effort, a ton of time and lots of care. But it doesn’t have to cost money.

http and a telephoto
    Quote Originally Posted by fretziede93 View Post
    It is more than possible to use a free blog to make money at home. Potentially, this income source could even inspire an entire self employment career. Creating a popular, revenue-generating blog takes a lot of effort, a ton of time and lots of care. But it doesn’t have to cost money.
    Basing a business on a free platform offered by a company not under your control is foolish. While it is *possible* it is *not* recommended. If you are an affiliate, many programs will not approve you if you are on a free platform. Plus what if the platform decides not to allow advertising? You are at the whim of their company. And what if it sells to another party that decides not to allow advertising or shuts down completely?

Examples: hypermart, geocities, and many many more.
    Deborah Carney

Quote Originally Posted by loxly View Post
    Basing a business on a free platform offered by a company not under your control is foolish. While it is *possible* it is *not* recommended. If you are an affiliate, many programs will not approve you if you are on a free platform. Plus what if the platform decides not to allow advertising? You are at the whim of their company. And what if it sells to another party that decides not to allow advertising or shuts down completely?

Examples: hypermart, geocities, and many many more.
    While I completely agree with everything loxly said, I still like blogger for tossing up quick, easy to manage sites, especially on domains I'm not doing anything else with. They can earn a decent little income, without much effort - better than parking anyway - and I don't see Google dumping blogger any time soon. Being a Google product, new posts are also quick to get indexed and available for search (I posted on one of mine less than an hour ago and the post is already listed in G).

Don't put all your eggs in any one basket, especially one outside of your control, but free doesn't have to mean bad.
    Eathan Mertz

Black Cat Mining - Gold Prospecting & Rockhounding Equipment

http and a telephoto
    I don't trust blogger actually. They put lots of crazy code on your pages. While I agree they may not be going anywhere, they may suddenly decide to be like Wordpress.com and not allow advertising or charge for hosting or bandwidth use. Any company that currently offers "free" has that option with the change of a TOS. Hypermart went from free to paid with relatively little notice.
    Deborah Carney

Oh, I hate the page source, and don't trust Google any farther than I can throw 'em, but then I had issues with my WP blog as well. I'm not so worried about my blogger blogs, mainly because they're expendable. Like I said, I completely agree with your post, but like blogger for "tossing up quick, easy to manage sites, especially on domains I'm not doing anything else with."

Any site I'm serious about is on my own server in a locked cage in an earthquake-proof bunker with 24-7 security, etc.
    Eathan Mertz

http and a telephoto
    Quote Originally Posted by Eathan View Post
    Any site I'm serious about is on my own server in a locked cage in an earthquake-proof bunker with 24-7 security, etc.
    I was going to lol at this, but I have seen a facility where government servers are located.....
    Deborah Carney

Quote Originally Posted by loxly View Post
    I was going to lol at this, but I have seen a facility where government servers are located.....
    Ooooh, the government probably gets retinal scanners too!
    Eathan Mertz

I use blogger blogs to supplement several of my website and have had fairly good results with them. For me it has definitely been that fastest way to get a page indexed. Blogger posts are indexed in less than an hour in most cases.

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread