I don't think this has been brought up so I thought I'd start a discussion about the value of a contact form. It was something I was putting off for a few months but I finally got around to adding a few forms to my sites. I've got just one day of emails and it's astounding what comes up. People are full of questions and the nicer you are to them, the more likely it is they'll make a purchase. I'm starting to think I was silly not to do this before. I've now created a whole new customer service aspect to my shops.

Who here have found this to be extremely valuable? It really gives personality to your traffic and gives your site a little personality as well.

For those who have forms, what advice do you have to offer me in responding to customer's requests? Usually I'll just check the merchant's site for the answers or even call the merchant directly to get an answer. If I don't have what they're looking for posted on my site, I can simply paste a CJ link for another Merchant into the response.

On top of all that, I'm starting to learn the wants and needs of my customers and this will help me down the road in defining my sites and marketing products.

This is great stuff!!
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

I agree with your comments about offering support.

up till 8 months ago I did the samething..

I removed contact forms from most of my websites because I got tired of all the spam I was getting... not to mention all the dumb questions i got... from people to lazy to look through my website for what ever they wanted....

Another probelm i had was with 100+ websites Customer Service was becoming a full time job.....

Joe
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    that's my2cents, 'cuz I'm a legend in my own mind....

Hi Snib,

Good Move! The On-Line Customer Contact Form is a great addition to any website business.You may also want to check out BoldChat or Get1on1 for a free Live Chat script which will allow even closer communications with your clientel.

Have a good one and best of luck!

Kevin Andrews - GO WIRELESS!
    Crazy NJ Hummer Driver

I have had success with support forms since the beginning. People really do wish to obtain as much assistance as possible.

You will probably enjoy some of the questions put to you!

http and a telephoto
    Support forums are cool because they get spidered too And they become like an FAQ without even trying.....
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

What do you mean loxly? If they get spidered they'll come up in the results, but depending on what you name the page, I doubt anybody will be searching for "contact us mysitename"
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    The support forUms she's talking about would come up under the keywords found in the questions and answers.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I removed contact forms from most of my websites because I got tired of all the spam I was getting... not to mention all the dumb questions i got...~My2Cents <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Reading about the stupid BS people write in is one of the reasons there are no such forms on my site.

SandraR and I seem to have traded places in this thread. She's got the form for people to ask questions for free...

And I'm the one saying that if I'm going to even consider doing anything remotely resembling customer service, I want to get PAID PLENTY! The POINT of not being the merchant, for me, is to NOT do the customer service!

If I was going to do customer service, I could certainly handle throwing the stuff in a box and shipping it too, so there wouldn't be much point in giving someone else 90% of the purchase price!
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread