Affiliate Marketing Consultant Linda - 5starAffiliatePrograms's Avatar
    Hope everyone had a great 4th. This was the best ever for me!

Took my daughter (who's also my secretary and best friend) and her new hubby to the beach all day. Went swimming and boogie boarding. (Yes 50 something big mamma boogie boarding, it was pretty funny!) Cooked BBQ ribs on the grill and a bunch of other food and roasted marshmallows later.

Then watched fireworks which were shot from a barge on the ocean. We snagged a spot on the beach, right under where the fireworks were. Have not been to the beach for EVER! It was a fantastic day and the fireworks were spectacular!

How bout you???

Hey, remember me? Anyways, Linda, your weekend sounds lovely. I can't wait to make it back out to the shore (we don't call it a beach) at the end of July.

I attended a washers tournament at my in-laws. Washers is sort of a portable horseshoes game, if any of you know horseshoes. Any of you know what I'm talking about?

-patrice

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by patrice:
    Hey, remember me? Anyways, Linda, your weekend sounds lovely. I can't wait to make it back out to the shore (we don't call it a beach) at the end of July.

I attended a washers tournament at my in-laws. Washers is sort of a portable horseshoes game, if any of you know horseshoes. Any of you know what I'm talking about?

-patrice <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL I had a vision of a bunch of people running 'smalls' through a mangle against the clock...

Well, if that means you don't know what horseshoes is, I know how you feel, cause I have no idea what smalls through a mangle is! Sounds kinda painful though.

Horseshoes is a game where two stakes are put in the ground about maybe 20 feet apart (there are rules, but I don't know what they are) and a team of two compete against another team of two, throwing horseshoes at the stakes, seeing who can get closest. Ideally, you want a "ringer", which is when the horseshoe goes around the stake. So washers uses, well, washers instead of horseshoes, and instead of putting stakes in the ground, there is a wooden box with a coffee can bolted to it. In the box is 3 pts, in the can is 5. My in-laws' family invented it.

It all sounds pretty redneck when I type it out like that...

-patrice

ABW Ambassador
    My husband and I went to a Cape Cod League Baseball game, ate hot dogs and drank coke (which we don't normally consume). Enjoyed a controversial ending. It was lots of fun.

Lily

We just stayed home and watch bunch of Wild Wild West movies (you know where the scum gets shot or hang when caught!), I love western movies, simple life, don't mess with me kind of attitude but caring.
    Tom Sellect sure looks so cute with the cowboy hat!

Horseshoe and Washer ex champion (military and friends only )here!

That sure bring back some good memories, it's a fun sports, lot's of drunken weekends in the old days playing different sports, now I am a good girl! (boring!!! but not broke. lol...)

@Patrice -
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> My in-laws' family invented it. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Their not from Houston TX are they?

What COC stand for? Crooks Overwriting Commission
    Don't worry tracking is Infected

Live life to the fullest, You only get 1 chance. Enjoy it while you can... Nothing last forever!

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Smalls are underwear. A mangle is an old-fashioned mechanical device used to squeeze water out of wet fabric. It was operated with a crank. Wet clothes were put through a mangle before being hung on a line to dry. Isn't that quaint?

As for the holiday, we blessedly did almost nothing. We've been working like nuts on the house and gardens in the two weeks hubby's been on vacation, and we decided to take a rest. Of course I worked on the web sites. I rarely take a day off from them.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    It was a fairly normal day except we did some fireworks. Fireworks = those spark-fountain things that are legal in Michigan. (I can never see bothering to drive to Ohio for the "Real" ones or paying the big bux since so many others do it and we can just look up and see theirs...)

And I w*rked on my sites! A bit backwards, maybe, to avoid work on most of the "normal" days and then do w*rk on a holiday! But hey, you're supposed to do something *unusual* for holidays LOLOL!
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

http and a telephoto
    I crashed one of my servers building too many pages LOL.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Smalls are underwear. A mangle is an old-fashioned mechanical device used to squeeze water out of wet fabric. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ohhhh, of course. That's a perfectly logical name for a thing that squeezes water out of clothes!!

My in-laws are from Philly, actually, but do they have something similar in houston? I would love to tell them that someone else thought of their contraption!

I figured the best way to celebrate was to launch a new site, so I did.

Unfortunately, I was somewhat laid up with bronchitis at the time, but still. Another week, another site.

-John Leavitt
    Hosting Comparison | Scooter Street | More coming soon!
    There's a reason army's wear uniforms even though it makes them easier to spot. Sometimes that's what you want. Uniforms suggest organization, power, and numbers. These, in turn, inspire fear. And, as any good operative knows, there is no more effective weapon than fear.

Hosting Comparison - HostScope - jrrl.com

Affiliate Manager
    ah, boogie boarding! That bring back memories of my so-cal life. Nothing beats that spray.

Though my fourth was spent eating chinese take out and watching movies, trying to combat the sniffles.

On the 4th, I relaxed during the day mostly. That night, I went to the Bank of America Tower and watched the fireworks displays. From that vantage point high atop the building, I could see the city sponsored fireworks at the River, also displays at the Fairgrounds, and at one of the Country Clubs. Some of the taller buildings blocked the other displays, but what we could see was pretty spectacular.

Andy

ABW Ambassador
    Went to fairgrounds with my gf and her sis and just hung out, ate hot dogs/hamburgers, drank coke, listened to live music, watched fireworks.

Some friends and I ended up going to a party where we set off a bunch of fireworks in the street. Then we took a cab to a bar for a few shots and pizza. Took another cab to a club where we danced the night away!! All-in-All it was a very productive evening of craziness.

Linda, you must live close to me!! I just noticed your area code is 714. I live by Triangle Square.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Linda - 5starAffiliatePrograms's Avatar
    Hey Scott, yes I'm in Costa Mesa too. Howdy neighbor!

Sounds like everyone had a blast over the 4th!

I am still recovering though. I'm 51 and boogie boarding for 2 hours in HUGE out of control waves just about killed me! This body is used to sitting in front of the computer 7 days a week so I'm still feeling all that excercise and all the bruises.

Sure was fun though!

my 4th was decidedly wet, but not in the nice beach way. there was a terrific storm in this part of florida, and the drizzle continued well into the evening, so i was quiet soggy by the time i had staked out a good fireworks viewing spot with my camera. then, right when the show is about to start. the automatic sprinkler system came on. loads of screaming children and adults scrambling to escape the deluge. It was amusing if you weren't caught in the spray :-)

I sent my kids to the movies, and enjoyed some peace and quiet at home while I watched the twilight zone marathon shows on the sci-fi channel.

I always love watching one of my favorite twilight zone episodes (the one where each department store mannequin gets to come to life and live in the world for 30days each. And Marsha (female mannequin) forgets her time is up..........

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I always love watching one of my favorite twilight zone episodes (the one where each department store mannequin gets to come to life and live in the world for 30days each. And Marsha (female mannequin) forgets her time is up.......... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wow!! I haven't seen that one. I'll have to keep my eyes open for it. Unfortunately I don't have cable so it's tough to catch. I miss the Twilight Zone!

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

20. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread