Randomizing SAS Banner Ads for Affiliates
    I'm wondering if there is a way to let an affiliate randomize the banner that appears on their site when pulling it from SAS.

For example, if we have multiple 728x90 banners, could the affiliate cycle through that particular size randomly without needing to do it automatically?
    [FONT="Garamond"][SIZE="4"][B]Zack Simpson[/B][/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT="Garamond"][SIZE="3"]Affiliate & Social Marketing Manager | [URL="http://www.moviepostershop.com"]Movie Poster Shop[/URL] | e: zack[at]moviepostershop.com[/SIZE][/FONT]

Network Rep & ABW Ambassador Carolyn - ShareASale's Avatar
    If each banner goes to the same landing page, you could use an animated gif.

However, I'm guessing that each banner is set to go to a different landing page, in which case, there is no internal tool that I'm aware of that would work. However, there are a bunch of third-party tools that allow affiliates to rotate through ads of their choosing. I know there are several plugins for WordPress that do this, and I've seen scripts out there as well that will perform this function. A quick search for keyword "ad rotation script" or "ad rotation plugin" should pull up some options

Cool - thanks Carolyn. You're right, different landing pages. Are you saying that these ad rotation scripts could work in conjunction with SAS? My concern is being able to appropriately track the sales from my affiliates if I'm using a customized script.
    [FONT="Garamond"][SIZE="3"]Affiliate & Social Marketing Manager | [URL="http://www.moviepostershop.com"]Movie Poster Shop[/URL] | e: zack[at]moviepostershop.com[/SIZE][/FONT]

Network Rep & ABW Ambassador Carolyn - ShareASale's Avatar
    Should not be an issue for many solutions, but I'll let the experts take it from here We can always help test as well!

Perfect. I guess I'll start with finding a decent script and run it by the SAS experts

I think what they're talking about is a banner rotator, which would show a different banner every time the page is loaded. Some of the other networks offer that. It's a pretty handy feature. For the ultimate in configurability and flexibility, you could have options for rotating banners from all joined merchants, all joined merchants in a specific category, a specific list of merchants, a single merchant, or a specific category of banners from a single merchant.

Throw in some logic to automatically test new banners and optimize which banners get shown most frequently on which sites and pages to maximize earnings, and you could have a real winner there.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Or maybe think about "Dynamic Banners" that are changed at the merchant's end. I give prominent space to Dynamic banners. At least until they show expired content.

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread