Smile Affiliate Website Design and Development
    Hi All,

I'm hoping someone can help me out. I am interested in starting an affiliate website to sell physical products (office furniture). I am not technical enough to develop the website on my own so, I will be hiring an individual or firm to build the site for me. I am continuing my researching to determine what's the best avenue to promote these types of products . I'm thinking either an Amazon store where I will promote their products exclusively or another type of site where I will promote multiple vendors products. I have a very good type-in domain name that will fit perfectly with the types of products I plan to sell. Tones of questions about this but that's another post :-)

In reaching out to individuals or firms for quotes on developing my website and for help with promotion, should I be contacting firms that specialize in Affiliate Website Design or just building websites? Is an affiliate site the same animal with the only differences being who ships the products, who handles the customer service and how the products are uploaded?

Silly questions probably, but any help is really appreciated.

Thanks.

You are talking about drop-ship, not affiliate marketing. Affiliates don't take orders or ship anything. Amazon stores are for physical products, not links to the products that other merchants have. If you are going to have a stock of furniture in inventory and sell it online, then that is not affiliate marketing. Read around a bit and you'll see the differences. Good luck either way.

Still Confused!!!
    2busy,

Thanks for your reply. I am still confused. At this time, I would not be carrying inventory or drop shipping my own products. I would be promoting another company's products and collecting a commission if the visitor/customer actually makes a purchase. So, I would sign up as an affiliate for 1 or more furniture type retailers, promote their products, direct the customer to their website, and collect a percentage on the sale.

An example might be CSNStores.Com. I am NOT affiliate with this company in any way.. IF I sign up with them, they would supply the data feeds and I would build a website to feature their products. If/when a customer orders product, CSN Stores processes the actual order, handles the shipping, and provides customer service before and after the sale. I simply collect a referral fee or commission for sending the customer to their website.

Are we talking about the same thing?

Thanks again 2busy...

Affiliate Manager Resume Companion's Avatar
    You are talking about affiliate marketing, where you are promoting other merchants products/services and making a commission on a successful action.

I am interested in starting an affiliate website to sell physical products (office furniture). ..... I'm thinking either an Amazon store where I will promote their products...
    Is what made it look like you were talking about drop shipping. You have now made it clear that you are talking about affiliate marketing.
    You can learn to build your own sites or start out with a WordPress site or you can hire someone to build it for you but that isn't a very cost effective way to get it done. Sooner or later you should learn how to build your own sites or set up your own WP sites. Visit http://www.w3schools.com/ to pick up some easy free lessons.

My suggestion is to read here more and see how others have found a solution to the same question. There's a lot to learn to get started, but it is all free.

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread