Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hi I plan on making a dropship site.. to begin with it will only deal with one NICHE and will only have 29 products.. i want to use just paypal as that lets people pay by credit card, check or paypal account... and fees are not to high.... i did consider 2 checkout but cant see the point? its hard products like pay and then its shipped..

What cart do you think would be simplest someone recommended oscommerce.com some say stickw with just paypal.com and then another said try oscommerce what do you think???

also is paypal cart good? or 2 checkout... i want people to feel safe but i dont want to pay for like verisign stuff to early to know if i will make sales to do that

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    http://www.securenetshop.com/index.htm

They have monthly rates - so you don't have to do a year.

Compatible with just about every merchant program.

You can use your own template, or a database - very flexible.

Also, one of the options is PayPal - MC, Visa, AmEx, Discover, Checks and PayPal.

I've been with them since they were in beta testing years ago - never a problem.

Of course, if you DO pick them, PM me so I can give you my affililiate link!!!!

If you want to see it "live" go to

http://mailordershoppe.com/hy_doormats.htm

Animal Lover
    I started off with paypal then used paysystems. One time set up fee $49 (could have gone up since I signed up), great support (I've heard that 2checkout support isn't crash hot), NO monthly fees. I've got no complaints so far. I went with both in the end ie gave customers the option of using paypal or paysystems.

Oscar
    My DataFeed Scripts - php datafeed scripts for your site
    Shareasale datafeed scripts - to display Shareasale datafeeds
    Linkshare datafeed scripts - for multiple Linkshare merchants

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I started off with paypal then used paysystems. One time set up fee $49 (could have gone up since I signed up), great support (I've heard that 2checkout support isn't crash hot), NO monthly fees. I've got no complaints so far. I went with both in the end ie gave customers the option of using paypal or paysystems. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

G'day Oscar - I'd like to talk with you about paysystems if you've got the time (just let me know!).

Billy. Is this your site? Looks good.They have some interesting templates.

mailman,

Thanks for the compliment. MOS is 1/2 drop-ship (so money comes in every day!), and 1/2 affiliate (so I don't have to deal with the customer service issues on 1/2 the products!!)

Billy. I did a search on both google and yahoo to see if we are listed using certain keywords. I couldn't find you. I guess you are found using diferant keywords. I believe drop shippment is the way to go.

Dropshipping GUARANTEES you'll see the money from the sale! The trade-off is you spend all day dealing with customers ("Your site says this is only available in blue. Can I get it in orange?")

AffMarketing sends the customers to someone else's support center, the trade-off of course is lost sales.

I recently posted actual figures for one of my sites that shows just how much $$$ is lost when you switch from drop-ship to aff marketing.

It's at:

http://abw.infopop.cc/eve/ubb.x?a=tp...89&m=181106344

Thanks Billy Kay, is that your site? and is it all dropship items? I notice you get a fair amount of sales.. do you do well financially from it in a given year?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Billy Kay:

Also, one of the options is PayPal - MC, Visa, AmEx, Discover, Checks and PayPal.

I've been with them since they were in beta testing years ago - never a problem.

http://mailordershoppe.com/hy_doormats.htm <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oscar, can i clarify about paysystems, is this a shopping cart you intergrate that also lets your accept credit cards?

and you say its $49 and then they never charge you for anything you sell?

thanks

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by oscar:
    I started off with paypal then used paysystems. One time set up fee $49 (could have gone up since I signed up), great support (I've heard that 2checkout support isn't crash hot), NO monthly fees. I've got no complaints so far. I went with both in the end ie gave customers the option of using paypal or paysystems.

Oscar <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Thanks Billy Kay, is that your site? and is it all dropship items? I notice you get a fair amount of sales.. do you do well financially from it in a given year? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

All my sites are a mix of drop-ship and affiliate - for the reasons stated above.

How come people are always asking me how much I make? I read the posts every day. They don't ask anyone else!! Hopefully it's a compliment.

Obviously can't state my income, but I'll state what must be "common knowlegde" by now: I made enough to gamble 1.8 million dollars at The Palms last year.

To take credit cards online, there are basically 4 components needed:

1. Shopping Cart (gathers the order info and a)puts it in a pretty format the customer will like and b)forwards this info to

2. Merchant provider (If you had a brick and morter store, it would be the company that provides the credit card swiping machine). Online, it's a virtual machine.

3. Merchant ClearingHouse (like electronic clearing house). They actually charge the customer, take out you discount rate, act as intermediary in all disputes. They forward the money to

4. Merchant checking account (where all your credit card sales go) And then you can transfer the money to your normal business account.

Important thing is that all 4 pieces of the puzzle are compatible - if one part isn't working - you don't make sales.

Most have partnered with each other and have shown they are compatible.

For example, if you choose ShoppingCartCompanyA as your shopping cart, somewhere on their site they will recommend a merchant provider, merchant bank, etc.

Looked at them their too expensive for what im after.. i just want something simple i think 2 checkout will provide that.. ill take their feess. or paypals cart and system of payemtn

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Billy Kay:

http://mailordershoppe.com/hy_doormats.htm <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Animal Lover
    They have a shopping cart function too I believe and they also accept credit cards for you. There had 2 rates when they take credit cards and according to the sales volume (and products prices) you have to decide which rate is better for you. Take a look - http://www.paysystems.com

I haven't fiddled with their shopping cart too much because I sell services (soft goods) and haven't had to use it. I believe they have a trial thing you could use to see if you like it. Live chat support works well for me (which they have) especially when a customer is irate and wants a quick response.

I like them because there aren't any account keeping fees (just one set up fee and that's it - and of course the usual credit card processing fees).

Oscar

http and a telephoto
    New open source cart based on oscommerce but better is at http://zen-cart.com
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Billy Kay. Is there somewhere I can get a list of Merchants who drop ship? I think with all the hassle of parasites,trusted third parties and crooked merchants drop ship is the way to go.

Mail,

There ARE sites dedicated to listing drop-shippers, but I deleted the bookmarks long ago - I'm sotra' content with my stable of suppliers.

Other ways to find one is to search google for a specific product (or product number), go to each site that features the product, and at some point, one of the descriptions will say "Available from Company-A"

A last resort is to order the product from a website, and chances are the manufactures name will be on the return label, the box, the invoice, the packing slip or the actual product.

And sometimes, you just get lucky! I emailed a baby gift site last week about their affiliate program (an indie) asking "How long are your cookies - your aff application doesn't state anything. And the email RIGHT AFTER yours in my inbox this morning is this:

Hi,

You have a nice site. I will have to see what our cookies are set for. To
    let you know, we have two different programs. 1) affiliate program 2.) drop
    ship. You guys might be more interested in the drop ship because the
    margins are higher for you and conversion rates seem to be higher as well(no
    transfers between 2 sites), although you actually have to take the order.
    Of course you can use our images and text to sell the product. I could also
    set up the affiliate program for you, although it isn't as streamlined as
    xxxxx, I could set you up for individual products, just like
    they have done on your site.

(Notice the last line?) I also lucked out with a free datafeed!!

Best,
    Billy

I forgot to mention this yesterday, but BOTH affmarketeting and drop-shipping have downsides - although their totally different.

If you have 50 drop-shippers - and each has their own return policy - you need to make one cohesive return policy that combines all 50 different ones.

Same with shipping prices. 50 drop-shippers will have 50 different shipping rates for the same price product. You'll need to come up with shipping prices that combine them all.

Same with shipping times. They'll all be different

And most REAL websites offer real-time tracking of your packages - and customers actually expect this service now. It's a real pain trying to integrate this into your website.

Lastly, when you use drop shippers, your customer service replies are SLOW. Every question a customer asks - you basically have to say "I don't know" (while you check with the dropshipper), and customers don't want to wait 4 days for a response and/or you end up looking like an idiot.

I'm just saying it's a lot of work - the same amount of work as aff marketing.

Thanks Billy.I am going to find some drop shippers and try this route. I do believe that some of the merchants who post here are also going to have to look at this.It elimates all the BS!.We take the order,get confirmation and the rest should be up to the merchant. It does mean however that an affilate might have to act as the TRUSTED THIRD PARTY? I also like your program for advertising on your site.You get payed something for views.Again thanks. I put up your banner on one of my pages.

Aargh! I just went to respond to the babygift site, and I already deleted his email!! The 2nd paragraph (that I didn't post) had all the details I need and the url of his wholesale prices. Aargh!

re: Combining various shipping schedules.

I place a letter in from of each product number that corresponds with how long the item takes to arrive (and then re-state this on our shipping policy page). For example:

Item# P6201 (Items beginning with P take 2 weeks)

Item# M6201 (Items beginning with M take 3-4 weeks)

Item# D6201 (Items beginning with D take 4-6 weeks)

True Story: The last holdout of the major gift catalog companies finally started an affiliate program in December. I added their Flag Display Case to our site as a dropship item (WE got the sale). Flew off the shelves! I received THREE hand-signed letters from their president thanking me for the orders (each order was over 100 flag cases)

So I switched the final order button on our site to an affiliate link - it now went to their site instead of our order form.

That was in January. It's now May. Guess how many flag cases we've sold as an affiliate? None. Not one! Zip!

Animal Lover
    Maybe the flag display items were bought in the Christmas gift buying frenzy? Just a thought...

Oscar

well i just cant dedice on a cart, there are many and some are free http://oscommerce.com/ is free and its good with paypal and 2checkout and authorize.net but not paysystems damn!

ah can anyone help.!! oscommerce doesnt even have a walkthrough on how to use... damn it all i want is cart and payment system that allows me to sell 29 products.. must be easier than this

http and a telephoto
    http://creloaded.com is oscommerce with a bunch of stuff added and a decent support community.

http://zen-cart.com is my recommendation, comes with a full tutorial and extremely responsive support through the forum on thier site.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Actually they do have a paysystems module. You can find it here.

http://www.oscommerce.com/community?...egory=1&page=9

I use oscommerce... Alot of work to set up especially with all of the added programming needed, but it is free...

Quoting Myself

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>And sometimes, you just get lucky! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have a vender I use for dropshipping - I get 50% markup.

I noticed the last few days there were some new "clone" sites - sites that sell nothing but this merchant's products - and they all basically look the same.

I figured he started an affiliate program or something. I called him. Yep. He has a ShareASale program. (Pays 15%)

I asked do you have a datafeed for your affiliates. He said yes. Go thru ShareaSale.

And there it was!!!

So now I have a free datafeed from a merchant I use as a dropshipper.

Some days - not often enough - this job works out great!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast