Referer info missing?
    I have been working with Shareasale so far and recently started working with CJ.

However, with CJ the reports do not show the Referer Url. With Shareasale, the referring url is listed right there in the Activity-Details. Personally, I feel the referer is very important as it allows me to track which site is converting well from an SEO-point of view.

Has anyone here taken this up with CJ? If so, what was their response?

With CJ you have to create a PID for each site and when you create a link for a given site you pick that site and your PID for that site will be included in the link which will help you track which sites created the sale.
    MERCHANTS: Start showing your coupons directly on your site, that way your shoppers will stop leaving your site looking for them!! If not then remove your Coupon Box!!

Outsourced Program Manager Nathan Weinberg's Avatar
    You can also use SIDs to track specific links. Search publishers generate unique codes for every single keyword.
    [FONT=Century Gothic][SIZE=2]Nathan Weinberg[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [SIZE=1]Outsourced Program Manager
    Blue Cherry Group
    :envelope:[/SIZE] [SIZE=1] nweinberg(at)bluecherrygroup(dotcom) :telephone[/SIZE] [SIZE=1]646.290.8127 x203[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by kse View Post
    With CJ you have to create a PID for each site and when you create a link for a given site you pick that site and your PID for that site will be included in the link which will help you track which sites created the sale.
    Oh yea, I noticed there is a dropdown for selecting Site while editing the ProductCatalog under Account/Services

But that's pretty much useless because it doesn't give the URL, just the site. To be useful, the referring url has to be complete e.g. http://mysite.com/some-strange-product.html

Secondly, I load the datafeed in my custom datafeed integration system, which serves over 30 sites, so I depend on the Referer to tell me which site made the sale.

Quote Originally Posted by netmktg View Post
    .... Secondly, I load the datafeed in my custom datafeed integration system, which serves over 30 sites, so I depend on the Referer to tell me which site made the sale.

I do that as well but I replace the PID when reading the link from the feed with the PID of the site that is reading the feed. It looks like you want even more information then just site info so maybe you can work with the sid
    MERCHANTS: Start showing your coupons directly on your site, that way your shoppers will stop leaving your site looking for them!! If not then remove your Coupon Box!!

Quote Originally Posted by netmktg View Post
    Oh yea, I noticed there is a dropdown for selecting Site while editing the ProductCatalog under Account/Services

But that's pretty much useless because it doesn't give the URL, just the site. To be useful, the referring url has to be complete e.g. http://mysite.com/some-strange-product.html

Secondly, I load the datafeed in my custom datafeed integration system, which serves over 30 sites, so I depend on the Referer to tell me which site made the sale.
    Make your site automatically append the CJ links with that page's path on your site, as an SID variable. Should be pretty easy with some simple PHP. Run through a referrer tracking system on your own end to track clicks out by page/SID, since CJ only shows conversions by SID.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread