CJ reports via REST?
    I have a programming skills, but can't find information, tips or anything useful about CJ reports.

I have SID in my CJ urls and should get them in CJ reports and put to that data base and ect.

Are there any tips, video tutorial, php code, links what ever what could help me. I can't understand the "picture" how that all works.

No idea what to search for. All CJ shows in their help, does not help.

What kind of reports can we get via CJ API?

Greetings,

Check out my posts on the following threads:

Firefox Howto:
    http://www.abestweb.com/forums/showp...50&postcount=2

ASP Example:
    http://www.abestweb.com/forums/showp...61&postcount=2

OpA! Giasou Ti kanies!

http://help.cj.com/en/web_services/web_services.htm

Take a look at the commission detail services, it will have the SID info for the transactions.
    Merchants, any data you provide to Google Shopping should also be in your affiliate network datafeed. More data means more sales!

thanks. But any other tips and advices, especially for PHP.
    Code samples and etc. Thanks

sava - All the code you need is in the other thread you replied to

I think that works now for me
    Does report shows yesterday transaction only? It returns 0 to me, as we did not sell anything in last two days.

Yes, the REST version only shows yesterday's sales. I've asked CJ to give us date parameters, but they're not available yet.

It would have been nice to include the same functions as the V2 SOAP reports. We are still using V2 b/c of this. It only allows you to specify one date in V2, but it is easy enough to write a function to iterate over a date range and call the API once for each date.

I tried to do a purchase to test a SID (rest things are working), but it came empty to me. How many symbols you can use in SID parameter?

I understood the problem, that was with "?" and "&".
    Buy Link can have "?" if so you should add "&" and attached your SID, but if link does not have "?" you should add it and attach your SID.

That is the way that http URLs work. The "?" must go before the first parameter and if there is more than one parameter, you need to use the "&" before each additional one. If you are inserting your SIDs dynamically with PHP, Rails or whatever, you can add a simple helper method that can determine which character to use.

Here is an example in Ruby:
    Code:
    url = "some_cj_url"
    delimiter = ("&" if url.include? "?") || "?"
    url += "#{delimiter}SID=#{your_sid}"
    Here is an untested php example. Been a while since I have done PHP, but this should be close:
    PHP Code:
    $url 'some_cj_url';
    $delimiter '?';
    $pos strpos($url'?');
    if (
    $pos === false) {

$delimiter '&';

$url .= $delimiter.'your_sid' 

We do reward website.

There are several challenges:

How to update commission from status "New" to "Closed", as CJ report sends only yesterday information? All yesterday commissions have status "New", after the while they change to closed, or even can be returned to merchant (return policy).

Is there any way to update commission info after some time? The final status of commission should be "Closed" or "returned".

If you use the SOAP API, then you can pull transactions from any date you want... not just yesterday. If you are doing a rewards site, you will have to use the SOAP API. If you pay out once a month, then write a script that runs every month that will look at the transactions that are in a state other than closed.. for each of the transactions, pull the transactions for that date range and check their status again. If the status is closed, then change it in your database.

The returns show up as a separate transaction with a separate transaction id. If you want to figure out the original transaction ID from the return, you will need to also use the SOAP Item based details report -> http://help.cj.com/en/web_services/I...ils_Report.htm
    For returns it really just depends on how you want to handle it. I think most rewards sites probably keep both transactions so their users can see the commission and the reversal. The good thing is that CJ puts the SID in the return transaction, so you can associate that transaction with a rewards user, so it is not really necessary to use the item based details report.

Thanks phreak$how for always quick answers and advices. We found a solution for REST, as i think it's better stick to REST method. So i go CJ web panel, upload report in XML from there. That report can show me 3 months old commissions. We upload report to ftp and update our db. I can do it once a month.

You are right that is great that "the good thing is that CJ puts the SID in the return transaction" .

we notice that for 6 days we have many clicks (buy attempts) but not commission coming.

is there something wrong with our link were we set SID?

http://www.dpbolvw.net/click-3681511...D98551&sid=998

Other question is - can advertiser block SID tracking (as advertiser does not want to be part of rewarding website) and do not give commission?

I don't know people, don't buy, SID url is wrong, or advertisers don't "like" SID in url...

We use uppercase SID, but I would be shocked if it was case sensitive. Our site is not a rewards site, but we use a wide variety of merchants and have many transactions per day.. at least 95% of those transactions show the SID. Some merchants don't have it implemented correctly or might even be invalid links on our part, but overall it should work for almost every merchant. I believe that CJ requires you to mark your account as Special/Incentive if you are running a rewards site. And some merchants will not work with you, but in that case you would not have access to the links. So what you are saying is that you have had no sales? Or you have sales but they don't show the SID info in CJ reporting?

I would tend to think that people are not buying. You may only get one sale out of 20 clicks (or even way less than that depending on the quality of your traffic). If you are not seeing any sales, then make a test purchase yourself for something that you were going to buy anyways. Then you can know for sure if it is not tracking right. If the sale shows up, then people on your site just are not buying anything. Don't expect conversions to happen right away. Analyze your traffic an user behaviour and try to improve your site to get better conversions.

We have 200-260 people per day and 20-80 clicks. Usually we were selling on the daily basis. The site i'm talking about is price comparison. I will set uppercase SID anyway. I also think that problem is in sales, not tech. A week ago we had a sale and got it in report with CJ, we made a report interface on our website. But since that we did not have any sales, i started to doubt in tech side (weird), but that is sales i guess.
    thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by phreak$how View Post
    I believe that CJ requires you to mark your account as Special/Incentive if you are running a rewards site.
    I checked account settings and website details settings and did not find any Special/Incentive for a rewards website...But decided to open new account for rewards website...

I found it Special/Incentive. Actually i found it when I opened a new account for reward website. Special/Incentive is for that kind of websites.

20. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread