Hi everyone,

I just read a post in the CJ forum here that sparked my interest. This person said they advertise affiliate links via AdWords -instead- of having a website.

While this seems like an investment, and could potentially be risky, it makes sense (and would save so much time!)

Is anyone out there doing this succesfully? Has anyone been burned by this method?

Jason

hey there. I beleive i sprked this post right lol. Well I have been doing the adword things for about 4 months. now. And at first i was skeptical. But then i read some ebooks online to figure out how to do it properly. Well i just got my first check from cj about a week ago and it was around $3,000 yeah 3 thousand dollars. The method i use was dont rely on sales. rely on leads these r great. For leads u can make upwards of 40 dollars just fo a vister to fill out a form or a quote. U dont even have to sell anything and u still get paid. well once i heard about hthis i jumped right aboard. The i realized it was tricky to bet on key words that no one else had. but i found some programs that really helped me out.And also i dont spend more then .15 cents a click. this way i keep my expenses down and my revenue up.

Anolian,

Do you have AIM or ICQ? I'd like to chat with you if you're up to it.

Thanks!

Sorry i dont. But if u have any questions u can ask me here. if u like?

PMed you. Thanks.

how do u check ur pm's

Click Go Icon top left, my space and click private messaging then buala!

also you can prompt to recieve email if you have new pm from your profile.

how. wait let me check. lol...

What COC stand for? Crooks Overwriting Commission
    Don't worry tracking is Infected

Live life to the fullest, You only get 1 chance. Enjoy it while you can... Nothing last forever!

However are you identifying yourself properly per Googles' adwords guidlines....

"Identify Affiliate Status

If you are an affiliate and are paid to send traffic to another site or a distributor, you must identify yourself as an affiliate or a distributor in your ad text.
    Example:
    Insert the word "affiliate" or "distributor" in your ad text or title."

Pulled from...

https://adwords.google.com/select/guidelines.html

Just curious.

Take care,

Brian

yeppers at the end of every google adword i alwasy type in aff. if i did not google would diapprove it and deactivate it. And also i saty away from trade mark terms then get ur adword disabled to.

how do you get into cj without a website?

u just shorten the html code cj gives u and u put it into ur adword.

I also use adwords and send customers straight to the affiliate sites. My best profit month so far has been about $1200. I've been doing this about 8 months so far and have made a profit every month. Its a tough start but gets easier along the way.

Oh, I have a website I use to get into cj or just put n/a.
    "Every mans life touches so many others"
    - Clarence

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    Just a note: Not all advertisers are too keen on this since it drives up their own ppc cost without an additional website providing exposure but some don't mind - you need permission.
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by CheeseHead:
    Just a note: Not all advertisers are too keen on this since it drives up their own ppc cost without an additional website providing exposure but some don't mind - you need permission. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Firstly any merchant with an affiliate program shouldn't be "competing" with their affiliates at all. Second if you are referring to CJ merchants they have the keywords link that explains which keywords they recommend and which they insist you do not bid on such as trademarked names etc. For the most part I don't think it's necessary that you ask permission unless they specifically state they do not allow their affiliates to advertise in this way. Either way no merchant should be worried about an affiliate driving up the cost of a click. If they are they need to either quit the affiliate program or the advertising.

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread