Amazing Traffic -- But how??
    From the Drudge Report - " THANKS FOR MAKING MAY 2010 THE LARGEST MAY IN DRUDGEREPORT'S 15 YEAR HISTORY! THE PAGE WAS VIEWED 784,621,221 TIMES [PASSING LAST MAY'S 600,973,530].."

I believe them, but how do they do it? They only have headlines and the site design looks like something from 10 years ago. It sure baffles me, but I know they have a following. I just can't see why.
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

SEO: A Specialty - Web Design: Slow or outsourced andbeyond's Avatar
    The Call is coming from Inside the House!
    One reason is the main stream media is falling apart and fewer people trust them anymore.

ABW Ambassador
    Almost 785 million views?

Must be a heck of a lot of people viewing the page over and over again.

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    One big reason: Drudgereport has been around since nearly the beginning of the modern internet era (1997). Having that kind of head start has given Matt Drudge's site a big advantage over other news sites in terms of back links.

Second big reason: In the early-internet era, Drudge was known for breaking big (and controversial) stories (Monica Lewinsky) with exclusive scoops. And he broke these types of conservative-appeal stories at a most opportune time of the late 90's.

So he hit the internet at the right time in the right way (no pun intended). He now has plenty of good competition, but his head-start sustains him to this day I think. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drudge_Report
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by leeann View Post
    They only have headlines and the site design looks like something from 10 years ago. It sure baffles me, but I know they have a following. I just can't see why.
    It just goes to show that site design means very little in a "content site" as long as there is clear and simple navigation. See http://www.craigslist.org/about/sites for another example.
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

Even at just $1 CPM (which is relatively easy on a content site), that's nearly a million dollars for the month. There's money in high-traffic content sites.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread