Here’s a good one, I hope some one here has had this same experience and can assist; these are the step by step movements concerning this event:

1. Go to the mailbox. WOW a priority Mailbox in my slot.
    2. Hey there is tape holding the box closed.
    3. Curse mail service open box and see nothing in it.
    4. What the HECK – Curse some more…
    5. Drive to post office and ask to obtain the paper work to make a formal complaint, get a lesson on how the mail works while I’m there. While looking closer at the box, someone somewhere during delivery stamps on my box twice “Received Without Contents”
    6. Postal man and I look even closer at the box apparently the person uses a Stamps.com stamp – *** thinking: guess that affiliate program does work
    7. Looking at the return address

Steven Grossberg
    213 Summit Rd.
    Mahwah, NJ 07430-1415

8. Who is Steven Grossberg?
    9. Why was he sending me something?
    10. Dang am I getting Alzheimer’s?

NOW what? – How do I find out what was in the box?

HELP!

Why don't you see if the sender has a phone number listed with directory assistance, then call and ask? If you can't find a phone number, do a search for an E-mail, or just write to them and enclose a digital photo print of the package.

I'm sure they'll be very unhappy to hear that whatever was sent was lost in transit.

Andy

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Now I'm curious, too. Here you go:

Phonebook results for "Steven Grossberg" +mahwah

Steven C Grossberg, (201) 828-5861, 213 Summit Rd, Mahwah, NJ 07430

WOW what a ride that was!

Rhea thanks so much!

It was for an order I placed with eBay to test my links for reversals in the browser Foxfire.

After making contact with Steve and sending scanned pictures of the box and the Form you need to fill out for the post office to complain (Thanks Andy). Steve stated he would resend me the products I purchased.

The postal service states there is about 0% chance of ever getting the items return form the post office.

I think it was blatant theft, so does Steve, I purchased 3 PS2 games I confess I love games!
    Monopoly, Wheel of Fortune and Games museum.

Well the day started out strange got stranger but ended up just fine in the long run!

Agian thank you two

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Sounds like theft to me, too. Glad you at least found out what happened.

We have rural delivery mail here. Nothing's ever gone missing but they do have some strange practices I've never encountered before. My favorite is when they have a package to deliver and sit in the car (yes, car, we don't have mail trucks) waiting for you to come out and get it! Don't ring the doorbell, don't honk the horn, just sit there. The other one that drives me nuts is when they tuck our first class mail inside our third class mail.

ABW Ambassador
    We all have our own postal stories I guess, including me. I spent 15 years working for the Postal Service a while back and like in any business, there are a few wackos. Most employees try to handle your stuff with care & make sure that it gets to the proper address. It's not always easy, though.

Not sure how your package was sealed, but it's always amazed me how much stuff became separated from their packaging during handling in transit. At a processing center I worked at, there was always a pile of stuff to try to match and forward prior to sending the hopeless cases off to the dead letter office. That's why it's good to attach a mailing address to the contents inside the package.

I have a small used book business, internet based and every book is shipped via the US mail. Early on, I stopped even thinking about insurance since the loss rate was so low.

Wayne

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread