The affiliate formerly known as ojmoo
    I just noticed there is a "Effective CPM" column now on the ad sense report. I don't know if I hadn't noticed it b4 or it just suddenly appeared. I'm going to assume its something new :-)

Mike

Mike it is new and a totally waste of space if you ask me.
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

stats addicts can perhaps get something out of the average amount, though, especially comparing the results from separate sites monthly.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Based on some posts I've seen in the fairly distant past, the people who really like that stat are the ones who also sell ad space on a straight CPM basis. It helps them decide whether to continue with CPM, or if they should dedicate more space to performance-based programs.

The thing is, most people whose sites are set up for CPM usually do not have the ability to place non-CPM ads effectively. For instance, their layout may limit them to one 468*60 at the top or a box on the side--a placement that would generate almost no CPA/CPS revenue, but still can keep pulling in CPM money.

For sites that aren't so limited in their options for presentation, the CPM data is usually just a curiosity since a real sales site can totally blow away what the CPM places offer.

It is an interesting stat, though, and it's always nice to see just how far in the dust performance-based marketing leaves the CPM/content model.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

ABW Ambassador
    Leader is correct, really it is a stat always available if you did the math, now it just saves me that step.

When you want to compare revenue across the board (on our content sites the chain goes 5 levels deep), it helps to compare apples to apples.

The main problem i have found with adsense, as the page shows go up, the eCPM tends to drop - i think it is many factors, often they are out of ads or it is a repeat vistor etc.

Chet

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread