Question PPV, legit?
    How is the PPV advertising method? I see that it isn't very competitive which says something to me, it doesn't have a good ROI. Though maybe it just isn't usually used. I myself get not very targeted traffic from it for my hotel affiliate but I have heard good things about using it with clickbank. Though this "good" information comes from questionable sources. But anyway, to my question or I guess questions:

Has anyone used PPV for Clickbank? Was it successful?

Has anyone used PPV for anything else and found success? What kind of niche or affiliate was it?

Thanks in advance guys & gals! I really appreciate your help.

ABW Ambassador
    Which PPV were you using? What company?

Arrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Trust View Post
    Which PPV were you using? What company?
    I am using leadimpact but I also just signed up with directcpv.

ABW Ambassador
    I don't use any of that but there are some threads on it. If you search for directcpv you should have a few show up. There is a good one on leadimpact, unfortunately it's in a section that most members can't even read.

Arrow
    I don't use any of that but there are some threads on it. If you search for directcpv you should have a few show up. There is a good one on leadimpact, unfortunately it's in a section that most members can't even read.
    Ya, I am new to the PPV/CPV thing. What do you use? Have you promoted Clickbank with them?

15 years and counting
    Adware will never be a legitimate marketing method. You can call it the way you want, PPV advertising, Pop up or Contextual traffic, it's still adware.
    Somebody has to install a program that allows a CPV network to serve ad's on a visitor computer.
    You can paint Zango the color you want, it's still Zango.
    You can find more info here:
    http://www.abestweb.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1011182

ABW Ambassador
    I don't use PPV or CPV. I use seo, ppc, social media etc.

PPV is kind of new but considered adware - http://www.abestweb.com/forums/showt...&highlight=PPV

Some people are ok with it, some aren't.

Wink Thanks
    Thanks for your information. I appreciate it!

I guess I have one more question. It's a very rookie question;
    I thought that PPV and Mediabuy was the same thing. What is media buy? Could you link me to a post that you like about mediabuys?
    Is mediabuy the same thing as advertising on Facebook?

And thank you for your links of previous posts

ABW Ambassador
    Never heard of mediabuy, when I googled it mediatraffic.com came up which is CPV Contextual Advertising

Talking
    Never heard of mediabuy, when I googled it mediatraffic.com came up which is CPV Contextual Advertising
    Ya, that's what I found as well. Thank you for looking into it.

You guys are the best!

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    LeadImpact is the new name for the company where you buy contextual adware traffic distributed through Hotbar (the name being used now for the actual adware application). Just prior to the ownership change and new branding, it was called Zango. Prior to that it was MetricsDirect. Prior to that it was 180Solutions. They've had so many name changes because of lots of PR problems in the past with their business model.

Media buy isn't a company, it's a thing. Media buy generally means the buying of CPM ad inventory.

PPV just means pay per view. It's the payment method of how you are paying for your ads. More recently it's the "new" term being thrown out there for contextual adware ad buys. It's a marketing strategy to attract people while losing the stigma associated with contextual adware. There is absolutely nothing new about contextual adware, it's been around for years. The only thing new is the marketing of it. I'm constantly amazed that in an industry of marketers, people seemingly don't recognize the marketing.

There is a good one on leadimpact, unfortunately it's in a section that most members can't even read.
    There's is a whole forum here devoted to Zango. Nothing new in the business model except a change in name. http://www.abestweb.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=173

If you decide to go down the road of using contextual adware, do so with your eyes wide open to things the "gurus" probably aren't telling you.

If you use it with the wrong network or merchant/advertiser, you risk termination of your account. It's a very real risk. It is not considered an acceptable traffic generation by affiliates in some programs. Even on ClickBank. Down the road, other networks or merchants you may want to join may not accept you if you've had a past history of using this form of "marketing".

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread