I just received one from me to me. The heading was "Site changes". Needless to say, there was an attatchment. Now, I know I haven't tried to save anything for myself that way so it was deleted immediately. If I hadn't caught it chances are that I would some day open it thinking that it was something I had forgotten.

They're getting tricky, folks!

Don't know if someone is sending a virus or if they think I would appreciate a parasitic application. What a$$holes.

Just got another one. The heading on this was "Fax message received".
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

ABW Ambassador
    They've been doing that for years, sending spam and viruses with the sender and recipient being the same person. I get a couple per month.

No fun, is it Ssanf?

The ones I hate are the ones who are spoofing my email addresses/domains, then sending crap to everyone. The bounces land back at my desk, and all I can think about are the folks that probably hate my domain because they (think) they got something bad from me ! In the end, I didn't send anything out at all.

I send about 30 emails a day (regular business), then there are the hundreds that come in - sheesh.

Sorry for the rant.

Fred

I have simply abandoned my personal e-mail with my own domain name that I was so proud of. Yahoo does a decent job of filtering but dang, I don't want to filter out myself!
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

there may be changes coming in the future regarding all this spoofing.

"Site Changes" is the Bagle.Y virus I think. Not only does it come with a virus, it comes with a zip file with all the source code so you can compile it youself. Sigh.
    Innovative advertising with Slimeware Corporation and Telephore. Mail-order fuel with Petrol Direct.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread