Affiliate rejections due to traffic
    Just curious what is the typical minimum traffic threshold before an affiliate accepts you into their program. I keep getting rejected and it appears it is likely due to lack of traffic.

Thanks for your insights!

ABW Ambassador
    Were you told that it was due to lack of traffic?

Added: Merchants accept affiliates.

It sounds like you're an affiliate trying to join affiliate programs? We never declined an application because of their amount of traffic but I suppose some merchants do. Those companies could also be looking at how good of a fit your site is for their products, other products you're promoting, sites that are under construction. There are other reasons I won't disclose but if you're getting a high percentage of rejections, you could either ask the merchant why and take a good look at your site.
    Greg Rice Affiliate Program Management
    www.gocmc.com info(AT)gocmc.com | 330-259-1223

Join us! - MiNeeds.com | DiscountCandleShop/CheeseSupply | Feng Shui Plaza

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Rice View Post
    It sounds like you're an affiliate trying to join affiliate programs? We never declined an application because of their amount of traffic but I suppose some merchants do. Those companies could also be looking at how good of a fit your site is for their products, other products you're promoting, sites that are under construction. There are other reasons I won't disclose but if you're getting a high percentage of rejections, you could either ask the merchant why and take a good look at your site.
    I agree with Greg's advice about asking the merchant. Sometimes they will revise their decision.

Were your rejections primarily from merchants who auto approve or manually approve?

We have never rejected an affiliate based on their amount of traffic either.

Merchants and affiliate networks have an approval process which reviews affiliates based on media types, relevancy, and promotional plans. If you provide them with sufficient information, it will help you in the approval process.

Contact them and ask why they denied your application so you can use that as a reference when applying to other networks.

I agree with Greg. If you find your application has been denied, you should certainly get in touch with the merchant for the reason behind it -it would give you a great opportunity to describe your promotional methods and perhaps they can steer you in the right direction.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread