Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    iPhone 4
    So who's going to be pre-ordering an iPhone 4 next week?

Me, me, me!
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Nope - my 3GS is serving me well. The new one will have to convince me to move up - after all the bugs are worked out, that is...
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

ABW Ambassador
    No, I am happy with my ipad top model with 3g / 64MB. It's just awesome and I can make phone calls too (skype). I'm lucky to have signed up for unlimted data plan from AT&T before it expired today

I am waiting for the next OS upgrade on iPad (this fall) that will make iPad multi-task!

I think the new iPhone/iPad data plans will be metered and come with no unlimited data plans (huge drawback for the heavy surfers)!

You will never come close to the 2GB limit if all you're doing is average surfing - even watching a large number of videos. The unlimited plan always had a 5GB cap on it anyway, it was never really unlimited.

iPhone 4 is a significant improvement over the 3GS, but I won't upgrade mine until the contract says I can, when I have an available upgrade.
    Daniel M. Clark
    Tech Manager
    Greg Hoffman Consulting

Some of the features that they announced today for the iPhone 4:

* Screen will have four times the resolution (960x640)
    * Almost 25% thinner
    * HD Video Recording
    * 5 Megapixel Camera with LED Flash
    * Front camera for videoconferencing
    * 802.11n support
    * A4 processor (same one that's in the iPad)
    * 3-axis gyroscope
    * Longer battery life
    * The stainless steel band is actually two antennas

We'll be upgrading one of our two phones right away. (They're letting everyone who was eligible to upgrade in 2010 upgrade up to six months early!) Our other one isn't upgrade eligible until January. Upgrades can retain the unlimited data plan.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel M. Clark View Post
    You will never come close to the 2GB limit if all you're doing is average surfing - even watching a large number of videos. The unlimited plan always had a 5GB cap on it anyway, it was never really unlimited.
    with iPad large screen, watching videos / netflix movies and other video streaming is cool ..!. I do watch at least an hour of video on my iPad daily + browsing, etc. My plan says unlimited and I am not sure where you got the 5GB limit!. I think I will burn through 5GB limit watching one Netflix movie on it?

I am keeping my 3GS and sad to say, that I hardly use it. My kids use it more than I do.

My husband is upgrading his 3GS next week too. Boyz and their toyz

me.. have the 3g and due for an upgrade.. so i'm in!!!

at least i have my new 32gb 3G iPad to hold me over until I get the new phone!
    Jason Rubacky - CEO/SEO Nerd at PassTheSEO
    jason at passtheseo dot com
    @jasonrubacky

So, caveat to this... If you hookup to wifi when you are at home or at work. I just moved and got a new wifi network. I was lazy and didn't enable wifi on my phone, nor my wife's and we were both on track to bypass the 2GB limit this month.

Downloading Apps from the appstore to try them out is a bandwidth suck, and if you have kids, you may be doing this very frequently. Also, Pandora streaming music can really hurt you.

You can view your current bandwidth usage on the phone via settings->general->usage

When AT&T says that only 2% of their users bypass the bandwidth limit, realize they are (probably) talking about their entire client base and not just iPhone users.
    Merchants, any data you provide to Google Shopping should also be in your affiliate network datafeed. More data means more sales!

ABW Ambassador
    Was reading about this a few days ago - http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2010/...d-smartphones/

"AT&T is also killing off the $30-per-month (truly) unlimited data plan for the iPad, replacing it with the $25, 2-GB DataPro option."

From what I've read, 2GB won't get you much if you're into watching video, I've heard a couple of hours a month to a few.

ABW Ambassador
    Unlimited plans will be grandfathered ...
    So iPad unlimited plans signed before yesterday are fine.
    The unlimited won't be an option starting today on iPads

Has anyone been able to pre-order their upgrade today? I have browser windows open to AT&T and Apple, and both of their sites are having problems.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

AT&T had theirs up at 5:30 this morning and was able to get it done... they leaked them out before Apple did!

got mine!!!
    @jasonrubacky

oh... and if you want to brave the store on release day... here is the way to assure your phone for pickup if you order from your existing iphone....

Apple Store App
    @jasonrubacky

What are you guys doing with your old iphones?

My old phone will go to Kara. Kara's old phone will become an "iPod Touch" for the kids, and a backup in case either of us have problems with ours.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

We have considered making my hubby's iphone a pricey ipod touch as well for our kids. However, we have opted to sell it on the used market for $280-300. This way it will fund the purchase of the new iphone 4.

Is it a top of the line 3GS? Hard to imagine a used one pulling that much, but with the precision of the amount you entered, I get the impression it's based on research. Our oldest one (which we would be handing down to the kids) is a 16G iPhone 3G (not 3GS), so it's probably not worth as much.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

Yes it is a 3GS. We already have a buyer (person we know) but we also went to Radio Shack and they told my hubby that they would buy a 3GS off of them for that price. My brother who lives in another town didn't believe him and went to his local Radio Shack and they quoted the same price. I think they are counting on you buying a new iphone 4 from them together with the service.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey View Post
    Has anyone been able to pre-order their upgrade today? I have browser windows open to AT&T and Apple, and both of their sites are having problems.
    Finally got my upgrade pre-order placed at Apple.com. I probably had to reload and restart 20 times. They must be getting hammered with orders. I heard that they expect to have orders for 2 million by the first weekend it's available.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

Quote Originally Posted by ladidah View Post
    What are you guys doing with your old iphones?
    going to the wife... she wasted her last upgrade on some off the wall phone
    @jasonrubacky

Just sold our iphone 3GS for $300 last night!

If you're selling it now though, what are you doing for a phone between now and release day?
    Daniel M. Clark
    Tech Manager
    Greg Hoffman Consulting

If you're selling it now though, what are you doing for a phone between now and release day?
    ^^^ this!
    @jasonrubacky

It is actually my hubby's phone so he will use my 3GS until it comes out. I am not going to upgrade since I hardly use it. I will borrow my son's or daughter's cell phones. No iphone withdrawal symptoms for me

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast