Noob questions
    Hi,

Couple of noob questions about SAS as don't understand after reading info.

How do I create an affiliate text link? When I click text on the programs i have joined it brings up banners and html.

How do I understandt how good a program is compared to another and how its performing. Its easy on Click Bank due to the gravity score, is there nothing similar in SaS?

Thanks in advance

Before you join a merchant you can see their numbers on the merchant detail page if you find them in SAS search. After you join a merchant you can see their numbers on the merchant detail page via the link in your Activity Summary Report. When you get links you have several options to get a text link, the easiest way is to click on "Get Links" from your Activity Summary" report and then click on "Text" or else download them all and extract the text links you prefer.

When I click text on the programs i have joined it brings up banners and html.
    Just choose a text link without a banner and use that as your text link. All programs I've seen offer a text link along with banners.

Thanks for your reply,

I see the text links now but i think what I meant was an affiliate link, so a traceable link from text from my website,

similar to the below

http://www.shareasale.com/r.cfm?b=17...ink=&afftrack=

I got this through merchant email btw

That is your affiliate link, you just add the html tags and appropriate text for the landing page.
    When you received the link it should have a description to tell you what the link is for. To use it as a text link you just insert that link where is says "paste link here" and insert text to let visitors know what the link is for.

All links have the same basic format:
    < a href = "paste link here" >Add Text Here< /a >
    (had to add spaces so it is visible)

BTW, in SAS links you can add your own code after the afftrack= part so you can tell later on where that click came from. This is helpful if you have different sites or pages or campaigns and you want to see what produces the best results.
    Last edited by 2busy; June 8th, 2010 at 04:16 PM. Reason: html tags not visible

In the SAS interface, under Get Links Heading, click Get a Link/Banner. This will give you a list of your joined merchants in a table. I ignore the dropdowns at the top of this page and just scroll down to the merchant I want a link for.

Then click the Get Links link under the Merchant's name, which will bring up a links page for that merchant. On that page, you'll see a row of links: Text Links / Banners / perhaps some Products / perhaps Datafeed. Click Text Links.

If the merchant has defined any text links, you'll see a list at this point (the one I was looking at when I typed this had NO text links, however, ROFL).

NOTE: The terminology on the text links display list is very quirky -- it says something like "Banner ID: 999999 - Diamond Earrings". The next line down shows how the text link will look: "Get Quality Diamond Earrings from MerchantABCDE" for example. Under that line is this: "Get this Banner's HTML code". That link will actually give you the HTML code for the Text link -- they just use the same listing format here for both banners and text links, so ignore the "banner" terminology and get the HTML.

The HTML you get will have your affiliate code already embedded in it.

Affiliate Manager Matt McWilliams's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by k2sales View Post
    http://www.shareasale.com/r.cfm?b=17...ink=&afftrack=

I got this through merchant email btw
    Well I seem to recognize that merchant ID 22286

Everyone pretty much answered your question however I would point you to our ShareASale Video Tutorials (working on more!)

and also I am more than welcome to give you a personal walkthrough of the system to cover anything you might want to know or even things you never knew you wanted to know.

Feel free to contact me anytime for help!
    Matt McWilliams
    Call Me At: (317) 825-8826 | Follow Me On Twitter: @MattMcWilliams2 | Connect With Me On LinkedIn

And I forgot to mention that SAS regularly schedules walkthrough webinars to show all aspects of the interface, as well as other training and tips. I viewed part of the interface training yesterday and learned a few things.

Check their blog (http://blog.shareasale.com/) for info about upcoming seminars (click the Webinar Schedule link in upper right of the blog header).

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    You can also use the "Create a Custom Link to a Page" feature to create an affiliate link to any product or any page on a joined merchant's site.

If you have problems, there is one of those SAS video tutorials on how to use it.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread