Hi all

Well, this has been a good week for me. Good as in I've actually made a couple of buck (about $10!) from my sites.

I ran a very successful community from 1999 to April this year - 30,000 members, 2 million posts, yada yada yada - but it was killing me. So, I sold up in May and decided I would finally tackle those AM sites I'd made over the last 6 months and never actually did anything with.

So, June was my first full knuckle-down-and-work month - adding sites, working on SEO, begging for links monitoring traffic. It's going to be a slow process - about 12 affiliate sites, with only a couple having made a couple of sales in the past 6 weeks.

Anyway, the point of this is first to thank you all for giving me messages to lurk around I'm learning. I've been making websites since 1996, and flirted with affiliate stuff in the past, and even made a couple hundred bucks one year, but I'll be sticking with it this time. I'm not expecting to throw in the job just yet (I need to FIND one first! currently a full-time temp. ugh).

I've read in some messages people saying that once a site is built, to let it lie for a while (someone said a couple of months??) to let it be indexed, picked up by search engines, gather links etc, without messing too much with it SEO-wise. Is this something you'd all suggest?

Anyway - thanks for reading, and making ABW *the* place for affiliate learnin'

Mark

Welcome aboard!
    Akiva Bergstrom | akiva@affsolutions.com | 718-871-8286

Affiliate Marketing Solutions by affSolutions - Creator of the Product Showcase Creator™

Managed Programs: EssentialApparel.com (Join) | SportsFanfare.com (Join)

Affiliates: Product Showcase Creator Directory | Merchants: License the Product Showcase Creator™!

I remember seeing your site back in feb, it's like abw but for us metal heads

I really liked the fact that all the bands I loved have a forum

well, good luck in the affiliate marketing world.

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread