Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    I had the pleasure of having a rather long phone conversation with Link (the newish AM at Art.com) today.

Link has been making changes since he started with the program a few weeks ago. He's been very busy doing a whole lot of housecleaning. He has already removed several parasites from their program.

But he has gone much further than just dealing with affiliates engaged in questionable fair practices. He has set up testing for himself and is devoting a WHOLE lot of resources to monitoring and testing within his affiliate base and activities which can impact upon his core affiliate base. He seems very committed to providing an environment for his affiliates making money for both the affs and Art.com in a clean environment. In fact, his main purpose in contacting me was to get input in how they are testing and to make sure they are doing everything they can with regards to questionable practices.

I'm always very excited and pleased beyond belief when I have to opportunity to talk with AMs/Merchants like Link. So WTG Link and Art.com!!!!!

And just so you guys know, I've been being kept quite busy by several Merchants who are wanting to see positive changes in the AM. But that's busy I don't mind at all. I'm sure I'll be keeping in contact with Link in future.

Just to emphasize who pleased I was with the conversation, my cable connection died today (actually while I was talking with Link). It looks like I'm dead with my cable access until the cable folks get out here whenever they show tomorrow and fix my line. But I wanted to let folks know (ok and I was already experiencing Internet withdrawl), so after much to do I finally got a dial-up (shudders) connection going on the test PC.

Onward and upward for Affiliate Marketing the way it should be..........

Way to go Miss B and Link and Art.com

As always Miss B you rock!

Thank you very much Art.com and Miss Sheriff!

What COC stand for? Crooks Overwriting Commission
    Don't worry tracking is Infected

Live life to the fullest, You only get 1 chance. Enjoy it while you can... Nothing last forever!

ABW Ambassador
    It's always so nice to hear news like this! Kudos to Link and of cource you Ms B. for all your efforts.

Thnx Ms. B., Link and art.com. Time to freshen up those links!

Gene
    TCS

Thanks Ms. B for your kind words and insight today on the phone (during a thunderstorm no less!). We are working hard to ensure that we do everything possible to run a program that is fair and equitable to all our affiliates. I will be posting more here in the coming days and weeks to communicate the actions we have taken on this issue.

Glad to see that you and Ms. B were able to get together. She is a fountain of knowledge.

Chris
    Recycled Talent - Architects of custom scripts and snippets, perfectly written to suit any need. We stay on top of the latest technology so you don't have to.
    Total Stupidity - Shining light on stupid things.

welcome to ABW...

I'm am glad to hear of your desire to clean up Art.com...

you will in the end,be better off for it...

Joe
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    that's my2cents, 'cuz I'm a legend in my own mind....

Hi Link,

Welcome to ABW. I think you'll find that we have many different opinions at ABW, but with what Ms. B says you should encounter a receptive audience here.

Good luck and success.

Fred McGregor

What great news!

Ms. B, as always, a big thanks for doing more than your fair share to make Affiliate Marketing a better place to do business.

Link, welcome to ABW! It's so refreshing to see new AMs come in and take control of their programs! I wish there were more like you who know what it is going to take in the long run to have a successful and profitable program. THANKS!

Andy

http and a telephoto
    Cool!!! I haven't had much luck converting, so maybe now that will change
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

ABW Ambassador
    I'd love to know how they've been removing parasites from their program when they were here a couple of months ago telling everyone they have NO PARASITES in their program.

Sorry guys, Allposters took a stand a long time ago and they've NEVER cut their commissions in half and asked me to change all my links.

Hi Link Great to see you on ABW!
    I can also say that Link is doing a great job at Art.com. He helped me a lot and gave me some great input and advice.

About removing parasites: Great! But for me Art.com already converted way better than Allposters ever did. And if it's getting even better, that's awesome!

ABW Ambassador
    Yiva.com your site is about signing up sub-affiliates and is entirely about making money from art.com - I'm sure that has a lot to do with your opinion of them.

Thanks for the warm welcome and kind words.

SamyT - I certainly understand your skepticism regarding Art.com. The posts you refer to were before I started here and did reflect a lack of understanding of the issues involved. I have spent a lot of time reading posts here at ABW and educating everyone at Art.com on the importance of this issue. Obviously, results are what matters and I would just ask you keep an open mind as I am doing my best to get our program on track.

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    Every merchant that goes "parasite free" and is successful is a good thing for all of us!
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SamyT:
    Yiva.com your site is about signing up sub-affiliates and is entirely about making money from art.com - I'm sure that has a lot to do with your opinion of them. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My site/script is only online since 2 months and I the reason I choose Art.com over Allposters for my site is because in the years I promoted both very actively, I did way better with Art.com than with Allposters.

You're right that my site is at this moment working with Art.com, but in a few weeks it will feature some other merchants. We're working on the script to make this possible.

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    Hi Link...good to see you here. It was certainly my pleasure talking with you yesterday. After sludging through the seamier side of things day in and day out, it really does help me to keep my sanity and motivation when I talk to folks like yourself. I would like to let everyone know that I'm not sure how much actual help I was for Link as he seems to have done quite a bit of research since he recently started with Art.com and has a pretty good grasp on things. They are definitely on the right track.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Every merchant that goes "parasite free" and is successful is a good thing for all of us!
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Very well said Cheesehead! Whether or not an affiliate is personally promoting a Merchant which is going to these extremes to try and protect the integrity of their program, it is a good thing for affiliates overall and the Industry. I don't think there is anyway to truly have affiliates understand the amount of resources a Merchant like Art.com has to devote in order to try and maintain this integrity. This really is no small thing for Merchants to take such steps.

***Disclaimer***

I do not promote Art.com nor am I receiving any type of financial compensation from Art.com.

The affiliate formerly known as ojmoo
    OK let me get this right an affiliate manager whose name is Link. How coincidental

Its nice that you have a new AF, but that doesn't excuse what happened before. I lost thousands of dollars b/c of what happen and I don't forget these things. I started with you over 5 yewars ago. Way back when you was call allwall.com. Most months I would make $100 in commissions. I remember when the cookie duration was infinite.

I also remember when moved to linkshare and a representative told me, oh no, our cookie duratition was never infinite. Then, what happened, my non-commissionable sales became higher than my commissionable sales. And both was lower b/c of parasites.

I was pissed, very pissed extremely pissed (did I meantion the word pissed)

You want us back, you have to fix the program, return cookie duration to at least 45 days and other incentives. How about a sign of good will, give us back all non-commissionable sales that was earned at linkshare. After all, I had to change all my silly links just to get ripped off.

And the rest of you, why are you so damn forgiving!!! Demand to at least get all the non-commissionable sales that you lost at linkshare. Here's the amount of non-commissionable sales I generated from 12/05/2002 to 12/04/2003 (note I mermoved all my art.com links in 08/2003 was $1,692.03 @ 25% commission you cost me $423. (This doesn't include sales lost due to parasites, who never lose a sale b/c of cookie duration) So people you check what you lost and get mad, its not right for a company to just hire a new employee and think everything is going to be alright.

Mike

P.S.
    Did I mention I was PISSED!!!

I have to agree with more of what Ojmoo says than the others. I remember a particularly bad October a couple of years ago with stats all over the place and NO sales down from hundreds the month before.

So I changed to Allposters before it got worse and watched everything get better again and then improve continually. Allposters are a great merchant to work with, very responsive and I'm really pleased with them from all perspectives.

Maybe Link (I'm sceptical too - makes it easy to change AM's without anyone noticing? Wasn't Link a character in Zelda?) will make it work, but there's a waaaaaay long way to go to make up for the previous damage.

Parasites out - great news.

Everything better now despite previous claims being false - hmmmmm....

I believe Link was a character from Zelda (and the mod squad...). I completely understand the level of frustration that many affiliates will have with our program due to decisions we have made in years past (moving to Linkshare and back) and that as a result we have probably lost some affiliates for good. That is unfortunate but is a fact. My job is to move the program forward and provide opportunity and support to those affiliates that do want to work with us. I am hopeful that over time many will give us a second look, only time will tell.

You don't deserve a second chance. Not from me, not from anyone. I want everyone who stayed with them through the switch to go back to linkshare and get the exact number of all of the non-commissionable sales. linkshare holds that informetion at least through the art.com perion. I'll bet if we all listed, we would have tens of thousands of non-commissionable sales. Do not join this program until they make good on all those sales. They should make good on the sales lost to parasites too, but I won't demand that. When people start looking at how much money was lost they won't give you a break and they shouldn't.

I begged them not to change to linkshare, but there was no stopping them and then I saw my worse fears come true. Then they lied to me telling me that they always had a 10 day return period when I know it started out as infinite and then might have dropped to 45 days (it might have been 60 or 30, not sure but it was never close to 10), but until it went to linkshare it wasn't only 10 days.

(Of course if it did drop to 10 days before going to linkshare without them telling me, that is even worse.)

Anyway, until they make it right, I'll continue to speak out against those at art.com. This is my mission. What to shut me up, its easy, just give me the $400+ you owe me.

Mike

Re: the name Link, I just found it coincidental, but I don't deny that's his actually name. No offense to Link or anyone else who has a name of Link or even to people who like link sausage.

Secondly, I don't know if Mr. Walls is a good affiliate manager or a bad affiliate manager. The point is that the company he represents screwed me. Its the company that I take issue with and I'll do my best to bad mouth (truthfully) until they make it right by me. I'm going to get my $423 worth, and that can last me an awful long time. Afterall, how can you trust a company like that, AFs come and go, but the company continues. Whose to say, that Mr. Wall won't quit or be fired and then after all our links are up they screw us again.

Now, if it was the previous affiliate manager that led the company into its unfortunate experience with linkshare and the wonderful world of parasites, that doesn't matter. They hired him and must take responsibility for it. Remember, for all of those expired cookies commissions, they got the benefit and I got nothing.

They don't want to make it right, fine, but I will assure you, there won't be one positive post about art.com that won't go unanswered. Reminding, how art.com had a wonderful program and then all of a sudden they didn't.

So Mr. Walls, no offense to your personally, but you represent a company that did me wrong. So I owe you $423 worth of grief. Sort of like Mel Gibson in Payback.

Mike

ABW Ambassador
    I'm sorry, but I find it really hard to believe that a poster/art affiliate manager's REAL name is Link Walls. If I am right and they're using an alias, why is it they can't be honest about their name?

Why don't you guys get off the name? Link is a great guy. I spent about 30 minutes on the phone with him last week and he was very receptive. If you have a problem with Art.com and them owing you money from the past, fine. But to make fun of ones name is not right. Isn't that right Samy with one M and Sal.

A name is a name. We don't pick our names at birth. If we did, I wouldn't have picked Chris.

Can we not find something better to do than slam someone over something they have no control over?

Chris
    Recycled Talent - Architects of custom scripts and snippets, perfectly written to suit any need. We stay on top of the latest technology so you don't have to.
    Total Stupidity - Shining light on stupid things.

I promise you that is my real name - short for Lincoln but I have gone by Link since I was a kid, well before the Internet. It is not some alias that was invented for this purpose.

Sorry to disappoint, if anyone is still in disbelief, I would be happy to fax a copy of my drivers license if that would help, just PM me.

Strange coincidence - yes, trying to be deceptive - no.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast