SAS RingRevenue Reporting API
    Is there any way to pull API reporting from SAS RingRevenue's API? Every other RingRevenue network I work with has the standard outside-network login process, but SAS's "integration" with RingRevenue has been causing me more issues than it solves by being "integrated". Since there's no true username and password for it, I can't figure out how to authenticate to RingRevenue's API, as is easily done with other networks.

Also, however sessions are integrated, occasionally I'll try to relaunch the "pay per call center" link that launches RingRevenue, and it will just take me back to the SAS page I tried launching the link from. Clearing cookies is the only way to fix that.

Any ideas, SAS folks? Thanks!

*Crickets*...

Network Rep & ABW Ambassador Carolyn - ShareASale's Avatar
    Whoops, sorry, I must've missed this thread somehow! Checking in with the big brains, hold please.

Got it, here's the response from our RingRevenue guys:

They can definitely use the API, but given the way our single account integration is set up, they can't get their API key directly from the platform. Here's a link to the API documentation: http://sas.ringrevenue.com/help/tran...b70b3e56ffe051.

So basically, it is possible, but they'll need to provide you with the API key. If you shoot me an email with your contact info, I'll make sure you get what you need!
    best,
    Carolyn
    ShareASale Client Services
    Y!: SAS_CTang
    e: ctang(at)shareasale.com

Actually, the RingRevenue guys are taking it a step further now...by the end of the day, you should be able to pull in your own API key

"We're are planning to add in the API Key so that is shows up for your users. That's being worked today and should be live before EOD. This will make is "self serve" for them."

Rockstars!

Quote Originally Posted by Carolyn - ShareASale View Post
    Actually, the RingRevenue guys are taking it a step further now...by the end of the day, you should be able to pull in your own API key

"We're are planning to add in the API Key so that is shows up for your users. That's being worked today and should be live before EOD. This will make is "self serve" for them."

Rockstars!
    Cool, I hope no issues are caused due to the fact that my SAS email address (which is pulled into RR) is the same as another RR account. I'll see when my programmer can check things out, and I'll let you know how things go! Thanks!

You can now pull your API key directly...when you're in the PPCall interface, just click "Users" from the top menu, then click "Edit" to the right of your name. You'll see your API key there.

Affiliate Manager Matt McWilliams's Avatar
    Rockstars indeed

Well done Carolyn and SAS team!
    Matt McWilliams
    Call Me At: (317) 825-8826 | Follow Me On Twitter: @MattMcWilliams2 | Connect With Me On LinkedIn

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua View Post
    Cool, I hope no issues are caused due to the fact that my SAS email address (which is pulled into RR) is the same as another RR account.
    This is Colin Kelley from RingRevenue. That shouldn't be a problem as we assign a different API key for each of your memberships on the RingRevenue platform. Just make sure to grab the right API key.

Also if anyone's curious, here's a link to the Transactions Download API documentation on our site. (The "/398" is specific to our account at ShareASale; you'd need to get your own id from this documentation on the Help tab.)

http://sas.ringrevenue.com/help/tran...f9ee5f55cac9ed

We worked hard to make the API easy to use and flexible. If you have any feedback on how to make it better, or any questions about it, don't hesitate to use the Feedback link on the bottom of any page on the RingRevenue site.

Aw, your first post. Welcome to ABW, Colin! Thanks for all your help!

Quote Originally Posted by Colin Kelley View Post
    This is Colin Kelley from RingRevenue. That shouldn't be a problem as we assign a different API key for each of your memberships on the RingRevenue platform. Just make sure to grab the right API key.

Also if anyone's curious, here's a link to the Transactions Download API documentation on our site. (The "/398" is specific to our account at ShareASale; you'd need to get your own id from this documentation on the Help tab.)

http://sas.ringrevenue.com/help/tran...f9ee5f55cac9ed

We worked hard to make the API easy to use and flexible. If you have any feedback on how to make it better, or any questions about it, don't hesitate to use the Feedback link on the bottom of any page on the RingRevenue site.
    Thanks Colin - Actually sent you an email about a few things last week, but it's great to see that the API key was implemented so quickly into SAS's RR implementation. I've already implemented it for the 3 RingRevenue accounts/networks that I use, and it's awesome! My business partner has all of the data being pulled into our server, as well as now being pulled into Google Docs (via pulling from the downloaded CSV on our server) spreadsheets.

Hopefully I can figure out some more in-depth analysis that I can create via the API and the custom reporting systems that I've been working on!

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread