Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Just a heads up. I've had over 7 registrations
    reversed this week alone - more last week. They haven't credited us with any International site registrations (said this would be done by last Friday). And they're depleting my CJ earnings faster than I can come up with new sales.

This is an absolute disgrace!!!

How is it possible that THAT many eBay registrations come up as invalid? Something's not right!!

HELP!!

With my best,

Liz
    http://Styleforfree.com

I just had a bunch hit today.

The reason given for them was "compliance", whereas they ususally are "unqualified lead".

And some of the reversals were for registrations that were in October, which I thought were already locked ... or for late November, which are still within the 30-day period.

I am very confused.

- Ed

"It's my hope that you'll come to appreciate the past should not be forgotten. It should be cherished, and run late-night, in syndication, after the local news." (Orange County)

quote:

And some of the reversals were for registrations that were in October, which I thought were already locked ... or for late November, which are still within the 30-day period.

Same here. My imagination is goin wild on those late November ones... did the people email eBay and tell them that they were never going to bid? ;-)

My real guess is that maybe they had hotmail accounts and their cc number they used to register was not valid?

--- Bobbi

4 here today

= 4 emails asking why.

What on earth does a transaction status of "accepted" mean? - since it apparently doesn't mean it's been accepted.

Are you Crazy?

ABW Ambassador
    yeah i just had 8 reversals, why would people register for ebay, and then not bid, my site is a fan site, and i know that most of my customers have gone to ebay for a specific item and probably bid, this is the first time i have had reversals, and they are for oct/nov

very annoying!

ABW Ambassador
    I am really getting upset.

After 82 transactions for Ebay this month ...I'm left with only $7.85

I got hit with a crap load of read $5.00 reversals today .... in in the hole now.

I get quite a few "ACCEPTED" registrations. How do these get reversed????

This all happed after another CJ merchant hit me with tons of reversals after it deactivated.

I had 193 leads ($965.00) reversed today(or corrected I should say). I guess corrected with RED ($5.00) means reversed? yes?

ABW Ambassador
    yes, red numbers is a reversal (a withdrawel) of you account.

I'm getting ready to dump Ebay. How could they pull this at Christmas ..of all times.

They reversed 3 on us for "Compliance". 2 of them were not 30 days old. In fact one of them was only 2 weeks old. I sent them an email, too.

I got hit with the compliance reversals as well. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img]

Then I got an E-mail from CJ saying that there had been a problem, and leads had been duplicated in error. Those leads were the ones reversed today.

Of course, they're very sorry for the inconvenience...yadda, yadda, yadda.

I guess they're also sorry about allowing their big affiliates to steal from all of their smaller affiliates as well...

Andy

AFFILIATE MARKETING STANDARD: The site upon which the initial action to buy occurs is the site the commission is paid to. Period.

ABW Ambassador
    Duplicates?

Out of the 14 registrations this month, 13 already have been reversed. (for non-compliance)

Where does that leave room for duplicates?

I have never ever had a reversal for "Non Compliance"

Last month I had 44 registrations and only 9 reversals (non-qualified leads)

Are they then reversing transactions from previous months (that were duplicates)??

I took down the Ebay link. They won't be getting any more Christmas action from me until the problem is fixed.

quote:
    Something's not right!!

Liz

Youre right somethings not right. We have all been battling ebay for about a year. We should know better. We keep giving them free advertising. We never learn. Will you repeat this mistake? Oooops, never mind, dont answer. It isnt going to change [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

This all started for me last December ( LAST YEAR) when HALF decided to reverse over 90% of my sales for oct, nov and dec. That was a HUGE loss for me. Since then my half sales have been in the toilet and my ebays are reversed as frequently as they are reported. I am very disappointed by this . Ebay used to be one of my top performers. Now they are my worst since Martha decided to start reporting, LOL! Something is not right. Very sad.

ABW Ambassador
    I've now tracked the original transaction numbers the reversals are for.

So far, all the way back to October 19th.

Anyone have a Non-Compliance (duplicate) reversal even earlier than this?

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    kelly,

were they actually duplicate orders? Even if they were, it seems that the least ebay/cj could have done was informed affiliates about what was going on prior to draining their accounts with reversals.

Someone from CJ (Todd) needs to come and explain this to affiliates. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

Keep Your Hands Off My Cookies

I just received the standard blah blah blah
    we accidentally reported duplicates for eBay
    email from CJ.

It's a crock. I definitely recall receiving this same email from eBay directly during October of this year and having those duplicates already taken out of my account THEN. Now it's
    happening a 2nd time -- that makes it a triplicate.

Bye Bye EBay!!!

With my best,

Liz

ABW Ambassador
    The "duplicate" reason.. I guess I'm going by the person who received an e-mail stating that reason.

There doesn't appear to be any duplicates really. The reversals this month for November all read "Accepted" as opposed to "Extended".

The reversals this month for the month of October were "Locked".

Which of course means I've already banked money I didn't really make.

I thought CJ's tracking system was flawless? If it can make mistakes and accidently create duplicates, can it not also miss transactions?

One does have to wonder just how flawless the system is.

Ron - 7 Days A Week Marketing

Every day is a chance to learn something new and a opportunity to teach someone else.

ABW Ambassador
    whoops..meant that the original registration transactions for November had read "Accepted" as opposed to "Extended".

So, Accepted doesn't really mean accepted.

I can see "Extended" transactions being reversed, but all mine were "Accepted" that were reversed.

Really don't see any possibility of duplicates because of times of the original transactions, and that the number of transactions were right at average compared to previous months.

I've got 10 August transactions reversed in October. And none of the transactions have duplicate transaction ID's. This also doesn't fit in with CJ's theory that only October transactions are being reversed, as they're in August. Has the system been duplicate reporting every month of 2002? Doubtful.

Something's a mess and I'd also appreciate a proper explanation on this from someone at CJ as well. I'm forced to remove every eBay link until this is resolved.

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

With my best,

Liz

It just occurred to me, if CJ's the one with duplicate transactions - why not switch the links?

BeFree provides the same flexible link tool for
    eBay at:

http://pages.ebay.com/affiliate/befr...iblelink2.html

Worth a try? We'll know in a month or 2 [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

With my best,

Liz

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    - - - - -
    I am really getting upset.

After 82 transactions for Ebay this month ...I'm left with only $7.85
    - - - - -

WOW [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

"No day is so bad, it can't be fixed with a nap." - Carrie Snow

I stated in another thread earlier this week, that we do not have that problem with eBay.

I have to correct myself. It started, just now.

1. They reversed 2 October Transactions.
    2. 1 Transaction from 30 days ago
    3. 1 from less than 30 days ago.

2. seems to be okay
    3. is probably the cj issue
    but what the heck is the reason for 1. ???

I know, that you can not reverse sales for locked transactions via the CJ Web Interface.
    It indicates for eBay.com, that they do not Batch Processing (I hope CJ has a check in the Batch Processor to not allow reversals refering to locked transactions, for all the merchants who utilize batch processing).

So I assume, that my locked transaction from prior 10/18/2002 are safe.

Correct me, if I am wrong.

Carsten

Shop-Links.net Partner
    http://www.shop-links.net

If you can't move things, try harder!

@Carsten - it would appear a transaction can be "locked" and then (like with these duplicates) be reversed. Er, sorry - corrected.

However, having looked back at the original days for which I have had "duplicates" removed, I have to say they were bonanza days, with registrations roughly double the norm.

Painful though it is, in my case I'm prepared to accept these were duplicates. It does however open questions on the CJ system with regard to reporting and locking transactions.

Are you Crazy?

ABW Ambassador
    6 compliance reversals yesterday too up to 25th November in transaction date. difficult to know whether they are duplicates or not as the original transaction is no longer there. there is certainly no other transaction with same time stamp - but there are some 15-30 minutes off the time - maybe duplicate reporting was delayed

Andy Williams

Keyword DARTs - New search engine optimization software
    http://www.affiliate-masters.co.uk/k...timization.htm

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast