Thumbs up Old "Similar Threads" & Closing Old Threads
    It was probably tacked on the bottom of a current thread as a "Similar Thread". There are sooo many relics at the bottom of every thread, it is the most useless function in ABW's makeover.

http and a telephoto
    Oh wow, look at that. All the "related threads" at the bottom of this one are dated 2006.... something I guess we need to start paying attention to is the dates in that box.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

I know it's extra work but would it be possible for moderators to close these old threads as they come across them. That way they wouldn't pop up years later like this one.
    :rankn-scp John - This is our chosen profession. This is our way. This is what we do.

http and a telephoto
    Quote Originally Posted by JCSupSvc View Post
    I know it's extra work but would it be possible for moderators to close these old threads as they come across them. That way they wouldn't pop up years later like this one.
    We do close a lot of them as they come up. I see someone did close this one.
    Deborah Carney

A couple issues I thought would be good to pull out of the old, closed thread for discussion.

1) I'll have to see if we can adjust the "similar threads" so that it'll weight newer threads considerably higher. I think I've looked at it before and couldn't find anything.

2) Generally, we don't close old threads and we don't plan to. The discussion comes up every once in a while. We don't want to cut off the conversation if there could be additional stuff to add. We can always delete or move posts. The best idea I've seen for handling old threads is to prohibit it for newbies and to make a prominent warning and require the member to acknowledge that it's an old thread and click a button before they can respond.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

http and a telephoto
    I agree Michael, there are some old threads worth reviving from time to time. Like the Popdawg one that popped up today about Shareasale deals database.
    Deborah Carney

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread