Affiliate programs that pay life time/recurring commisions
    Hi,
    I hope I'm posting in the right sub-forum. I would appreciate if someone could share what are some of the affiliate programs that pay on reoccurring basis? And which ones have worked for you?

My thought process is this: If I can put in work to promote these products or services and make one sale, it's going to pay me again and again of course as long as until the customer stays with the company.

Thanks a lot for your help and looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regard.

http and a telephoto
    I moved your post to Midnight Cafe, not sure if there are many people here than can answer your question.

I run a program that has lifetime recurring commissions: RavenTools at Shareasale.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Outsourced Program Manager AdZaz's Avatar
    You probably want to look for programs that are "service" or "subscription" focused, or products that require some type of proprietary refill to continue working, like a Brita water filter or something.

I still think it would very difficult to ever actually find a lifetime customer, phone and cable companies probably come the closest, but even then people move or get a magic jack or something....

Good luck.
    Greg Netland - Outsourced Program Manager
    @: info [at] AdZaz [dot] com

Hot New Program JOIN TODAY!
    [URL="http://brandbloodhound.com/affiliates.php"][IMG]http://brandbloodhound.com/images/logo_long.png[/IMG][/URL]

Thanks for moving the thread. And I will have a look at RavenTool as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by loxly View Post
    I moved your post to Midnight Cafe, not sure if there are many people here than can answer your question.

I run a program that has lifetime recurring commissions: RavenTools at Shareasale.

Agree that life time doesn't necessarily mean whole life of a customer. But like you mentioned, a service that a user is likely to use for a relatively long time. Web hosting is a good example.

I can grasp the service /subscription based affiliates programs. Not sure if there are products that will be a good fit for this purpose.

Do people actually subscribe to "physical" products online?

Quote Originally Posted by AdZaz View Post
    You probably want to look for programs that are "service" or "subscription" focused, or products that require some type of proprietary refill to continue working, like a Brita water filter or something.

I still think it would very difficult to ever actually find a lifetime customer, phone and cable companies probably come the closest, but even then people move or get a magic jack or something....

Good luck.

Outsourced Program Manager AdZaz's Avatar
    Sure, for example I have an invisible fence for our dog, it requires a new battery for the collar every few months, they send me one every two months and auto bill me.
    Greg Netland - Outsourced Program Manager
    @: info [at] AdZaz [dot] com

Hot New Program JOIN TODAY!
    [URL="http://brandbloodhound.com/affiliates.php"][IMG]http://brandbloodhound.com/images/logo_long.png[/IMG][/URL]

Trend Revenue is a white label network built on the lifetime commissions model. The idea is to offer highly consumable products with a high reorder rate. I think pet products and printer ink are still the only two open programs, but last I heard housewares was coming.

I'm a big fan of residual commissions, but there don't seem to be as many programs around anymore, at least not mainstream. Anything with a subscription or a high reorder rate can work well. Hosting, CC processing, vitamins, look for longer term relationships with a product and you may find programs.
    Eathan Mertz

Black Cat Mining - Gold Prospecting & Rockhounding Equipment

Quote Originally Posted by letmein View Post
    Do people actually subscribe to "physical" products online?
    Would you put Netflix in that category?

Some retailers allow you to subscribe to product shipments. Pharmacies (both for ions and general items) and coffee come to mind.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Thanks Michael for chiming in.

Netflix is kinda of a service with their "watch movies online" option but with DVDs as the physical part.

The things one would subscribe to be shipped on a regular basis are not readily available in Walmart or Walgreens and ill present a convenience factor and people must need them to satisfy their needs (vitamins, health supplements) .

I would imagine that the monthly physical product shipment type programs are less in numebr than the online service type programs. I don't have anything physical products on auto ship, again I don't represent masses.

Are there networks that sorta of specialize in recurring commission type products?

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey View Post
    Would you put Netflix in that category?

Some retailers allow you to subscribe to product shipments. Pharmacies (both for ions and general items) and coffee come to mind.

Thanks Eathan for your response.

I will have a look at it. I have asked Michael the same question but here it is anyway: Are there other type of networks (may be site online that lists
    life time/recurring affiliate programs? I found following link :

http://www.affiliateseeking.com/residual-income.html

Quote Originally Posted by Eathan View Post
    Trend Revenue is a white label network built on the lifetime commissions model. The idea is to offer highly consumable products with a high reorder rate. I think pet products and printer ink are still the only two open programs, but last I heard housewares was coming.

I'm a big fan of residual commissions, but there don't seem to be as many programs around anymore, at least not mainstream. Anything with a subscription or a high reorder rate can work well. Hosting, CC processing, vitamins, look for longer term relationships with a product and you may find programs.

Michael, Netflix was a listed supporter of California's effort to pass Nexus/affiliate tax laws, so personally I wouldn't support them, residuals or otherwise.

letmein, I don't know of a good list of residual sites and networks, just keep looking for markets with a lot of repeat business, and let me know if you find a good diabetes test strip program...
    Eathan Mertz

Black Cat Mining - Gold Prospecting & Rockhounding Equipment

Sure, will let you know if I come across a good program. That gives me a hint too :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eathan View Post
    Michael, Netflix was a listed supporter of California's effort to pass Nexus/affiliate tax laws, so personally I wouldn't support them, residuals or otherwise.

letmein, I don't know of a good list of residual sites and networks, just keep looking for markets with a lot of repeat business, and let me know if you find a good diabetes test strip program...

Our classifieds reward you for bringing us a customer. You will earn 10% of the fees any customer you ever refer pays to us. We track the source of every single registration and tag the ID with the referring ID of the affiliate who sent them to us.

Classifieds are not high paying, and it takes a lot of traffic and referrals to get a regular income. But I do have a few affiliates who get checks regularly even though they stopped promoting us years ago.

If you are looking for a list, then check out http://lifetimecommissions.com/
    Last edited by bcwaller; June 16th, 2010 at 09:55 PM. Reason: forgot link
    Brad Waller | VP, Business and Affiliate Development
    EPage.com

Affiliate Manager
    Perhaps the next best thing is to find a company who has a huge product line to offer the starving crowd ( people who buy everything they can get their hands on about a particular topic)

When people join our membership site ( pays a $100 commission) there's a really good chance that they will buy a seminars within a month ( pays a $50 - $100 commission) or a home study course ( pays a $100 - $150 commission) or maybe few books.

Once that is consumed, within a few months, they will buy more and more commissions are paid.

Another merchant I know of that pays recurring commissions is Datafeedr.com, they pay good percentage and I have been actively promoting them

Flavorbean Coffee pays for the lifetime of customers you refer via our network. We have another lifetime recurring offer due in shortly in the gaming category.
    [URL]http://Essociate.com[/URL]

17. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread