Affiliate store with datafeeds?
    Hey folks,

I am interested in looking for software that builds affiliate storefronts with datafeeds provided by merchants. I've given PopShops a test run, but was wondering if there were any other products out there on the market that y'all have used that you like/dislike. I am in the beginning of my research stage, so any advice would be much appreciated! Thanks,

- Greg

PopShops, GoldenCAN, and Datafeedr provide "somewhat similar services."

Software like Datareed Studio and Price Tapestry allow you to create your own hosted datafeed solution.

WebMerge and the Cusimano scripts provide tools to convert datafeeds into product pages.

My experiences: http://forum.abestweb.com/showpost.p...64&postcount=9

One key problem that I don't think is adequately handled by any solutions is "merchant management" -- see the thread at http://www.abestweb.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123561

This summer, I am planning to explore some different ways of managing and using datafeed content.

As a merchant we make our datafeeds available through GoldenCAN, PopShops and Cusimano Scripts, and ShareASale's Make-A-Page.

As an affiliate I had used them along with some "roll your own" datafeed implementations.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Quote Originally Posted by markwelch View Post
    My experiences: http://forum.abestweb.com/showpost.p...64&postcount=9

One key problem that I don't think is adequately handled by any solutions is "merchant management" -- see the thread at http://www.abestweb.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123561

This summer, I am planning to explore some different ways of managing and using datafeed content.
    Hey Mark,

Thanks for the detailed post... your insight was very helpful. Any ideas why a lot of these services charge a flat fee as opposed to a percentage of a sale? I always thought it would be tough to sell someone on a product like some of these when the up front cost is hundreds of dollars.

Thanks again,

- Greg

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Goodson View Post
    Any ideas why a lot of these services charge a flat fee as opposed to a percentage of a sale? I always thought it would be tough to sell someone on a product like some of these when the up front cost is hundreds of dollars.
    The cost of building your own custom solution (hiring out the work) would be several thousand dollars, so a few hundred is still a pretty reasonable price point.
    Your Ad Here.

Cusimano's scripts are free as second-tier programs, afaik, except for Associate Engine, their Amazon script, which is low-cost.
    [URL=http://themoneyforums.com]The Money Forums[/URL]

Associate-O-Matic is also a very good solution if you wish to promote Amazon Products.

Quote Originally Posted by Adarsh View Post
    Associate-O-Matic is also a very good solution if you wish to promote Amazon Products.
    Thanks for that tip! Your mention is the first that I've heard of
    Associate-O-Matic and the free Lite Version looks good for my needs

I will check that out.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Actually I have the $99 paid version which I'm not using. I'm not sure if I can transfer the license but if there is any clause (on associate-o-matic.com) that states you can transfer it over, I will be happy to give the license to you Rhia
    I think, in the lite version, you have to share revenue with the script-owner.. guess it was the 4th click sale goes to the associate-o-matic owner (not sure what's the policy now). The full version is just kick-ass. The reason why I stopped using it was because of all the content duplicacy, a problem with most readymade store scripts ..

A big BUT here. There are ways to overcome the content duplicacy. The full version allows you to add content of your own to any given product/category/sub-category.

Actually I have the $99 paid version which I'm not using. I'm not sure if I can transfer the license but if there is any clause (on associate-o-matic.com) that states you can transfer it over, I will be happy to give the license to you Rhia
    I think, in the lite version, you have to share revenue with the script-owner.. guess it was the 4th click sale goes to the associate-o-matic owner
    Ahh, one of those 4th click deals.

Thank you very much for your offer, Adarsh, but I don't think I'll take advantage of it at this time; again, I thank you for your generous offer
    [I know you are offering me the paid license but if a "content duplicacy" exists, I'm not sure I'm ready to work with that at the moment]
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Content duplicacy is a major issue with any "readymade store scripts" that pull data from a merchant/network. If you are including millions of products on your website using such automated scripts, it will be really hard to get higher ranks on SEs. But if your website is focused to a niche and deal with lesser number of products, you can add descriptions etc on your own. Such scripts are good for only 1 thing, you get a readymade store, just put your banner on top and you are ready to go

In Associate Engine, you can customize your templates. That helps in making things less duplicate-y (duplicitous?).
    [URL=http://themoneyforums.com]The Money Forums[/URL]

Smile Made sense
    Content duplicacy is a major issue with any "readymade store scripts" that pull data from a merchant/network. If you are including millions of products on your website using such automated scripts, it will be really hard to get higher ranks on SEs. But if your website is focused to a niche and deal with lesser number of products, you can add descriptions etc on your own. Such scripts are good for only 1 thing, you get a readymade store, just put your banner on top and you are ready to go

I can not agree with you more.

what is Associate-O-Matic ?

I only market things from clickbank and regnow.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Goodson View Post
    Hey folks,

I am interested in looking for software that builds affiliate storefronts with datafeeds provided by merchants. I've given PopShops a test run, but was wondering if there were any other products out there on the market that y'all have used that you like/dislike. I am in the beginning of my research stage, so any advice would be much appreciated! Thanks,

- Greg
    single product feed is maybe much more better.To rewrite it maybe is wise.

Quote Originally Posted by adwordser View Post
    what is Associate-O-Matic ?
    I only market things from clickbank and regnow.
    www.associate-o-matic.com

With Associate-O-Matic you can build a standalone store or add a shopping area to an existing website or blog in just minutes.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Wow, seems so timely .. Associate-o-matic just rolled out the latest version 4.4.1 yesterday. I received email that I can login to my account and download the latest version. Not sure if I'll do that ..

Thumbs up PopShops Looks Good
    I just posted this review in support of PopShops:
    http://www.abestweb.com/forums/showt...p?p=1031266#12

PopShops DataPack API is a good solution for building automated, sustainable, and long-term income-generating affiliate sites. It allows you to use product feeds from 1000's of merchants / vendors from all the popular affiliate networks like Commission Junction, PepperJam, LinkShare, and ShareASale (not just Amazon or Ebay)... and it costs only $45/month (20% yearly rate discount with 10% discount coupon).

With the PopShops API, you can integrate product listings right into the WordPress categories and posts themselves. Using your theme's single.php, category.php, or home.php files, it is possible to integrate PopShops into an already existing, content-filled site, or start from scratch.

Using the PopShops API and data feed support, when a product is removed from one of your merchants, it is possible to automatically replace that product with a similar one without removing the post or changing the page permalink. You won't kill any backlinks already pointing to it.

You can even create automation events that can be called by cpanel CRON jobs. This will allow you to fill your site with products on a more gradual basis. This will cause Google, Yahoo, & Bing search engines to keep coming back to spider your pages and give you better rankings in the organic search engine results.
    Take a look at this page on the PopShops site that explains how to use the API. It includes the class file and a working sample script.

http://www.PopShops.com/faq/affiliate-xml-api

After you upload the class file and the script to the same folder on your server, you can test the sample script by typing the full url to it in your browser: http://www.YourSite.com/sample-script.php
    Last edited by CaliforniaJerry; July 4th, 2010 at 06:37 PM.

Hi,

I am interested in building a feed site similar to REMOVED.
    Can anyone tell how (what they are using) on this site? I don't think it's datafeedr or popshops so I was wondering if he's got his own database or whatever on the server that handles the feeds. I'm a little confused about the whole thing honestly but I know I want to build a site that resembles this look and feel.

Thanks so much,
    Sophie
    Last edited by BurgerBoy; July 16th, 2010 at 06:53 PM. Reason: Cannot post another affiliate's site.

If you look at the - view source - of the site they are using a WordPress theme to build the site.

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

I think it is a pretty clever way to build a wordpress site. It didn't look like Wordpress to me until I looked in the source. But it seems like they are still working on it. None of the products have any outgoing links. It is just images of products.

I will research on this and try to find out what sort of datafeed are they using.
    Fulltime webmaster and wordpress lover.

22. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread