Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Affiliate Manager Resume Companion's Avatar
    Recommendations for Rhinofish?
    We are considering bringing in a PPC mgmt company to optimize our PPC program. I found Rhinofish through Andy Rodriguez's Resources page. Before we reach out, I wanted to get the community's input.

Their site:
    http://www.rhinofish.com/ppcc/ppcc.html

Thanks!
    Howard Chai, Affiliate Manager
    Email: [email]affiliate@resumecompanion.com[/email]
    Website: [URL="http://resumecompanion.com"]ResumeCompanion.com[/URL]
    SAS Program Link: [URL="http://www.shareasale.com/shareasale.cfm?merchantID=26342"]Join Now[/URL]

Influencer Marketing GravityFed's Avatar
    Yes, for what it's worth I would recommend.

Me too.
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    Definitely recommend if they are taking new clients. They are selective about who they work with.

I don't think you can do any better than Rhinofish. I've known Pat for several years - an incredibly talented guy - with integrity.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

ABW Ambassador
    Pat b da man.

Definitely worth talking to, he knows his stuff.
    Greg Rice Affiliate Program Management
    www.gocmc.com info(AT)gocmc.com | 330-259-1223

Join us! - MiNeeds.com | DiscountCandleShop/CheeseSupply | Feng Shui Plaza

He is well respected in this community.
    Last edited by loxly; June 16th, 2010 at 11:29 AM. Reason: took out a part, will PM

http and a telephoto
    Like Kellie said, he is selective and if he is available, he is highly regarded.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Affiliate Network Rep Kim Salvino's Avatar
    Ditto to what everyone has said in this thread - Rhinofish has vast experience in Internet Marketing, in various arenas, PPC being a primary strength, IMHO.

He is able to view situations through a different scope than most, as he sees it through multiple angles and can explain why a certain decision with one channel affects other channels, either positiviely or negatively.
    Kim Salvino, Client Services Director, Performance Horizon Group
    Reach me at kim.salvino(at)performancehorizon.com or on (443) 617-4036

If they'll accept you as a client, jump on the opportunity. You won't find a more ethical, knowledgeable, hardworking PPC company. I can't say enough good things about Pat.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Outsourced Program Manager Angel Djambazov's Avatar
    the ABW gang already said it all

for my two cents RhinoFish is easily one of the best search companies in this or any vertical. ethical/smart/tactical and not afraid to speak his mind and make recommendations to improve your campaign/program.
    Angel Djambazov
    Managing Edtior ReveNews
    OPM for Keen Shoes and Graphicly.com

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Little birdie told me you all were talking about me. :-)

Hi guys, thanks for the kind words!

I also want to say thank you to the gang for something else - many of you know selected merchants on our PPC consulting client list and nobody dropped a single name, respecting the tight lipped RhinoFish norm brings back very fond memories I have of being a daily poster here!

For PPC consulting clients, we do true performance pay - a percentage of sales - not flat fees, not monthly minimums, not a percentage of spend, etc. We use aff links within your accounts, spending your PPC money and making a percentage of sales made. This method allows easy return deductions (via aff platform), easy (already existing) payment mechanisms, more tracking paths, access to links and banners and their stats and also improves your network standing by passing your PPC volume through your aff program. Further, this method means your analytics still function fine for PPC tracking and segregation as well ad platform (AdWords, etc) tracking. It means your PPC and aff channels never duplicate payment either, reducing your overall costs in multi-touch situations. And mainly, it means your PPC consultant is someone properly motivated to make every effort to sell more for the defined budget...

a percent of spend, the most common method you'll encounter in PPC consultingland (not a theme park), is a poor motivator for a consultant... lemme guess, higher budget is recommended...

All this said, it also means you've got to have an affiliate program up and running, at an ethical network (SAS or AvantLink top our very short list), keep your parallel platforms similarly in line ethically (or nuke them), and have a solid, seasoned OPM overseeing your aff program (see ABW OPMs, or the list on my site you linked to above). Further, we are picky about who we work with - no shenanigans with shitware, etc. Here's the truth about contacting RhinoFish Media - go through your OPM, the ones with access know they have it. Cold calls are all summarily rejected, we're too busy for people who don't understand they need professional help running their aff program - we already know they'll make poor decisions elsewhere if that's the case. If you're so big that an OPM is out of the question, you also likely need a bigger firm managing your PPC, so scratch us from your list and don't look back... but do occasionally think about what fills your salaried or hourly folks motivation buckets... :-)

So you see, your chosen OPM is the window to the RhinoFish, all other roads zoom right on past us for good reasons. That said, there are many other well qualified PPC consultants here, folks who cut their teeth the hard way - with their own money at risk in PPC. Ask around, the folks that commented here are all people who know multiple talented consultants, in many areas - you are wise to inquire here! The folks here feed their families based on the performance of their work.

Parting thought... anyone who can do well for you would be more than willing to work on a performance basis. Ask anyone you are considering hiring to propose a performance pay proposal, you'll learn a lot from the questions they ask, or don't ask. :-)

And make sure your OPM choice is solid beforehand - an OPM is both the sheriff and shepherd of your performance pay affiliates... building a winning, performance-based team begins and ends with them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Haven't decided on ASE yet, am wondering if I have the time for both ASE and SAS-TT... in any case, my friends, I will see you soon somewhere. :-)

http and a telephoto
    Glad to see you posting I had edited a post that alluded to your identity and now see that that is no longer needed.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Quote Originally Posted by Donuts View Post
    Haven't decided on ASE yet, am wondering if I have the time for both ASE and SAS-TT... in any case, my friends, I will see you soon somewhere. :-)
    It's been a while - Looking forward to seeing you at either or both events!
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Don't forget to work in some fishing... I've been light on that this year.
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Donuts View Post
    Little birdie told me you all were talking about me. :-)

Hi guys, thanks for the kind words!

I also want to say thank you to the gang for something else - many of you know selected merchants on our PPC consulting client list and nobody dropped a single name, respecting the tight lipped RhinoFish norm brings back very fond memories I have of being a daily poster here!

For PPC consulting clients, we do true performance pay - a percentage of sales - not flat fees, not monthly minimums, not a percentage of spend, etc. We use aff links within your accounts, spending your PPC money and making a percentage of sales made. This method allows easy return deductions (via aff platform), easy (already existing) payment mechanisms, more tracking paths, access to links and banners and their stats and also improves your network standing by passing your PPC volume through your aff program. Further, this method means your analytics still function fine for PPC tracking and segregation as well ad platform (AdWords, etc) tracking. It means your PPC and aff channels never duplicate payment either, reducing your overall costs in multi-touch situations. And mainly, it means your PPC consultant is someone properly motivated to make every effort to sell more for the defined budget...

a percent of spend, the most common method you'll encounter in PPC consultingland (not a theme park), is a poor motivator for a consultant... lemme guess, higher budget is recommended...

All this said, it also means you've got to have an affiliate program up and running, at an ethical network (SAS or AvantLink top our very short list), keep your parallel platforms similarly in line ethically (or nuke them), and have a solid, seasoned OPM overseeing your aff program (see ABW OPMs, or the list on my site you linked to above). Further, we are picky about who we work with - no shenanigans with shitware, etc. Here's the truth about contacting RhinoFish Media - go through your OPM, the ones with access know they have it. Cold calls are all summarily rejected, we're too busy for people who don't understand they need professional help running their aff program - we already know they'll make poor decisions elsewhere if that's the case. If you're so big that an OPM is out of the question, you also likely need a bigger firm managing your PPC, so scratch us from your list and don't look back... but do occasionally think about what fills your salaried or hourly folks motivation buckets... :-)

So you see, your chosen OPM is the window to the RhinoFish, all other roads zoom right on past us for good reasons. That said, there are many other well qualified PPC consultants here, folks who cut their teeth the hard way - with their own money at risk in PPC. Ask around, the folks that commented here are all people who know multiple talented consultants, in many areas - you are wise to inquire here! The folks here feed their families based on the performance of their work.

Parting thought... anyone who can do well for you would be more than willing to work on a performance basis. Ask anyone you are considering hiring to propose a performance pay proposal, you'll learn a lot from the questions they ask, or don't ask. :-)

And make sure your OPM choice is solid beforehand - an OPM is both the sheriff and shepherd of your performance pay affiliates... building a winning, performance-based team begins and ends with them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That's a great idea, wondering why more people don't do this. If I'm reading it correctly, instead of using your own money for direct to merchant PPC, you can use the merchant's money.

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Resume Companion View Post
    We are considering bringing in a PPC mgmt company to optimize our PPC program. I found Rhinofish through Andy Rodriguez's Resources page. Before we reach out, I wanted to get the community's input.

Their site:
    http://www.rhinofish.com/ppcc/ppcc.html

Thanks!
    Pat is the ONLY PPC consultant we recomend and use on our own merchant programs ... you can't pick a better choice to run your PPC.
    Andy Rodriguez Consulting, Affiliate Program Management and Consulting Services, Since 2001
    www.andyrodriguez.com | E: abw@andyrodriguez.com | P: (888) 931-ANDY (2639) | Skype: affiliatedoctor | AIM & MSN: AffiliateDoctor | Subscribe To Our ABW Forum Posts | Follow me on Twitter | Join Our Affiliate Programs

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy Rodriguez View Post
    Pat is the ONLY PPC consultant we recomend and use on our own merchant programs ... you can't pick a better choice to run your PPC.
    Wouldn't it make more sense just to allow affiliates to do direct to merchant PPC, what this is basically? Or even just do it yourself?

That way, affiiates spend their own money, you only pay if there is a sale.

This method, affiliates spend your money and get paid if there is a sale.

You have a point Trust, but the difference is Rhinofish is extremely experienced in PPC. They're spending your money in much more efficient ways that 99% of affiliates wouldn't be able to match.

My company actually uses a different PPC management company, but Rhinofish was on our very short list due to their incredible reputation in the industry. I have yet to meet an affiliate who has the savvy that they provide.
    [FONT="Garamond"][SIZE="4"][B]Zack Simpson[/B][/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT="Garamond"][SIZE="3"]Affiliate & Social Marketing Manager | [URL="http://www.moviepostershop.com"]Movie Poster Shop[/URL] | e: zack[at]moviepostershop.com[/SIZE][/FONT]

Affiliate Manager Matt McWilliams's Avatar
    Unbelievable! Donuts is back!

This is a good day.

I can add nothing to the conversation other than to say, good to see ya buddy!

Matt McWilliams
    Call Me At: (317) 825-8826 | Follow Me On Twitter: @MattMcWilliams2 | Connect With Me On LinkedIn

Affiliate Manager Resume Companion's Avatar
    Thanks everyone and Pat for the information. Our SAS network contact gave us a short list of recommended OPMs, and that is something we are planning to do once we complete refinement of our site (we're taking feedback from customers driven by positive reviews on sites like thrillist.com and killerstartups.com, as well as our own PPC efforts).

We're doing what we can internally to boost conversion (hovering around 2% currently), and looking at conversion experts such as as sitetuners.com once we complete our own internal optimization to further improve conversion.

Once that is done, our plan is to launch our aff program ourselves as well as PPC. Then bring in a seasoned OPM to take it from there. Hopefully Rhinofish or another well respected PPC firm can then help to optimize the PPC channel.

Thanks again everyone for the insight.
    Howard Chai, Affiliate Manager
    Email: [email]affiliate@resumecompanion.com[/email]
    Website: [URL="http://resumecompanion.com"]ResumeCompanion.com[/URL]
    SAS Program Link: [URL="http://www.shareasale.com/shareasale.cfm?merchantID=26342"]Join Now[/URL]

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Trust View Post
    Wouldn't it make more sense just to allow affiliates to do direct to merchant PPC, what this is basically? Or even just do it yourself?

That way, affiiates spend their own money, you only pay if there is a sale.

This method, affiliates spend your money and get paid if there is a sale.
    We recomend several "options" to our merchants that want advice on the PPC channel, depending on their budget, strenght of their TM among other things. Some options are pure affiliate driven like you mention, some are "PPC consultant driven" representing the merchant exclusively, some are a hybrid. The merchant has the final call and sometimes it varies by seasonality, budgets and internal staffing and experience.
    Andy Rodriguez Consulting, Affiliate Program Management and Consulting Services, Since 2001
    www.andyrodriguez.com | E: abw@andyrodriguez.com | P: (888) 931-ANDY (2639) | Skype: affiliatedoctor | AIM & MSN: AffiliateDoctor | Subscribe To Our ABW Forum Posts | Follow me on Twitter | Join Our Affiliate Programs

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by moviefan View Post
    You have a point Trust, but the difference is Rhinofish is extremely experienced in PPC. They're spending your money in much more efficient ways that 99% of affiliates wouldn't be able to match.

My company actually uses a different PPC management company, but Rhinofish was on our very short list due to their incredible reputation in the industry. I have yet to meet an affiliate who has the savvy that they provide.
    I know he's great at PPC. Those other 99% of direct to merchant PPC affiliates would be spending their own money, not yours. That's how it's normally done. So this way, on top of paying out commissions for sales, you're giving them your own money to do it with.

How is that better than affiliates doing direct to merchant PPC, using their own money?

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Rodriguez View Post
    We recomend several "options" to our merchants that want advice on the PPC channel, depending on their budget, strenght of their TM among other things. Some options are pure affiliate driven like you mention, some are "PPC consultant driven" representing the merchant exclusively, some are a hybrid. The merchant has the final call and sometimes it varies by seasonality, budgets and internal staffing and experience.
    That didn't address anything I brought up. Same question I asked:

"How is that better than affiliates doing direct to merchant PPC, using their own money?"

Direct to merchant PPC, affiliates love that, high conversion. You know you would easily find no shortage of affiliates ready to spend their own money doing that.

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    How is that better than affiliates doing direct to merchant PPC, using their own money?
    They are wanting PPCSE management services. Just direct to merchant affiliate campaigns are not PPCSE management services by a long shot. An affiliate running d2m campaigns aren't managing anything directly for the merchant.

And no one doing SEM is going to spend their own money on the ad campaigns for the merchant...the merchant spends their own money for the ads.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast