during & after

other

other

freeway 1

freeway 2

freeway 3

freeway 4

freeway 5
    One day parasites and their ilk will be made illegal, I bet a few Lawyers will be pissed off when the day comes.
    Mr. Spitzer is fetching it nearer

YouTrek

Affiliate/AM Moonlighter dflsports's Avatar
    Holy Sh!t! that looked to be quite the storm. I hope no one was injured.

I'm assuming this was in Canada? I have NEVER seen anything like that. I don't pay attention much to the news but I hadn't heard about this storm. Was it a flood? a blizzard? something we've never seen before? I'm going to search for info now!
    Hope everyone survived o.k.
    Grew up in Chicago and have seen some wicked storms but those pictures blow my mind!
    Suz~~GearGirl~~

Six inches of rain and hail in an hour is what this says:

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...edmonton_col_2
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

As far as I know nobody was injured, I guess some people might have got the occasional headache or so from the golfball sized hail but we never heard of any major injuries.
    Yes it is Canada, Edmonton to be precise the best place in the world to live......despite the occasional little storm

Believe it or not within a couple of hours of the storm hitting it was glorious sunshine, T-shirt weather, and I only live 5 minutes from the Whitemud freeway.

Thanks for that link Micheal
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> "I wanted to stop and take a look, but my daughter was quite panicky and insisted that I get the heck out of there." <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> LOL spoken like a true Edmontonian.....the Calgary guys would have been hiding under their wives skirts under the kitchen tables
    What do you think WW?
    One day parasites and their ilk will be made illegal, I bet a few Lawyers will be pissed off when the day comes.

YouTrek

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> LOL spoken like a true Edmontonian.....the Calgary guys would have been hiding under their wives skirts under the kitchen tables <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

HEEEEY!!! You guys might get one good storm a year, this is par for the course for us. My family are the dorks on the street that stand there and take the pictures of the tornados rather than running for cover!

Seriously though, quite the storm. We got the exact same pictures at work the other day to show us just how bad it was (up until then all we'd seen was some pictures of WestEd flooded out on the news). Gotta' love all the people calling me and complaining that their phones aren't working. GEEE...You think? Could it be that they're underwater?? sigh.. right up there with the BC folks who complained last year when the phone lines burnt down but couldn't quite understand why I couldn't fix their phone NOW.

DAMN...........

WhooWeee!!! And I thought my state got hit bad with floods of two to three feet. But we didn't get ice flows too. Brrr....
    Luke
    Have you promoted your brand name today?

it was not ice it was hailstones it was quite funny really nice and warm yet chucking it down with both rain and hail. At times you could not see much further than the front of your car.

YouTrek

I knew there must be a reason I live in southern California.
    Affiliate Marketing - The hardest easy money I ever made.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    OMG...There IS a place with worse weather, and ice happening longer, than Michigan!

Sorry, but the fact that it came down in ice balls and *then* formed those mini-floes after it landed is not enough of a distinction to prompt me to buy a ticket to go *there!*
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

ABW Ambassador
    In the 4 years since I've lived in the Adirondacks I've had an earthquake kick me out of bed, a tornado rip through the one time I ventured to our Western reaches, one winter with 12 feet of snow in March alone, and, of course the last two years of 37 to 40 below for weeks on end. I joke we have two seasons, Winter & the 4th of July. Needless to say, I love it here.

But we never had hail like you experienced. I think that I could do without that.

Hope all is well with you.

Wayne

Yeah anywhere that the highways turn into ice floes in the middle of summer sounds like a place to avoid
    Innovative advertising with Slimeware Corporation and Telephore. Mail-order fuel with Petrol Direct.

Ahh those pictures remind of the winter i had about 8 yrs ago. the ice storm of 1997. where i was freezing rain for 7 days and every things was cover in 6 inches of ice.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dynamoo:
    Yeah anywhere that the highways turn into ice floes in the middle of summer sounds like a place to avoid <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    You got that right!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Yes it is Canada, Edmonton to be precise the best place in the world to live <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    You really got to get out more!

Good God. Next time we get 3 feet of snow in Rochester, I'll just keep my mouth shut...
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> LOL spoken like a true Edmontonian.....the Calgary guys would have been hiding under their wives skirts under the kitchen tables
    What do you think WW? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LMAO at the Calgarians

We heard of the storm as we left fort Frances before heading to Wisconsin and Minnesota
    There was a really frightening story that we heard over the radio as we drove

Some of those pictures look more like the pools at the waterslide park we are staying at

I can say that as I sit out of the 90 degree weather in the internet cafe here down in wisconsin dells

Those pics were unbeleivable man!

Cripes, I opened the thread and for a split second I thought I was back in NY!

No....I am safe here in Kentucky!!! There IS a Goddess and SHE LOVES ME!!
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

20. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread