Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    WordPress 3.0 Released
    I was using the WP 3.0 RC3 on one of my test websites and just auto updated it to the WP 3.0 final release.

Yes, I just got email, too, that it was now out -- and find the download link at wordpress.org is now showing 3.0 instead of 2.9.2.

But so far, I haven't gotten the "Update" message in any of my WP dashboards.

Anyone seeing the auto update message to 3.0 in their 2.9.2 dashboards yet?
    Generate more fake news.

Hi Gary,

Yep, mine says 3.0 update. Maybe you should take this personally.

Just checked one of my more active WP 2.92 sites. No "usual" upgrade notices.

But I do see in the Wordpress Development Blog feed, "WordPress 3.0, the thirteenth major release of WordPress and the culmination of half a year of work by 218 contributors, is now available for download (or upgrade within your dashboard)." But it's certainly not there - yet.

To be honest with ya - I'm bit apprehensive about moving too soon...
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

I usually wait a week before upgrading
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

ABW Ambassador
    About time, I know they had lots of bugs to work out which is a good thing. Haven't seen the update available in any of my dashboards yet.

Wordpress is always updating their current version. I am glad the new 3.0 is out, but its going to be 3.1 probably next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post

To be honest with ya - I'm bit apprehensive about moving too soon...
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny O'Hare View Post
    I usually wait a week before upgrading
    Agree with both of you, good advice to sit back and see what happens once it's been out for awhile.
    Someday starts today
    Military Discounts

if it was a point release, i wouldn't hesitate upgrading, but going to 3.0, i'm going to have to wait before upgrading on my main sites... too risky.
    Daniel M. Clark
    Tech Manager
    Greg Hoffman Consulting

Affiliate Manager ParadigmWilliam's Avatar
    Just wait a bit. Just like anything the first release always has hidden bugs. I been using it and so far so good but I haven't put it to the test yet.
    [URL="http://www.manageaffiliatelinks.com/"][COLOR="Red"][B]Manage Affiliate Links[/B][/COLOR][/URL] - Redirect Dead, Expired, or Broken Links

[URL="http://www.wpcoupon.com/"][COLOR="Blue"][B]WP Coupon[/B][/COLOR][/URL] - Turn Wordpress into a Coupon Site!

I'm with the rest of the guys..gonna wait. May update a test site and see how it goes. Want to avoid any "trainwrecks" a big update may cause.

ABW Ambassador
    "WordPress 3.0 is available! Please update now."

I see it, I see it, I'm going in. not on my main blogs, more of a test one

Very first thing I noticed was when I went to upgrade plugins, the upgrade under Tools is gone, where you can select all the plugins and upgrade them at once. Ah nevermind, they just moved it to the dashboard. Will play with it later tonight, after I get some work done.

ooh, I like how you can update themes you've downloaded like you do the plugins now.

Anybody know a good video or something that shows all the new stuff? NM, right on their site - http://wordpress.org/development/2010/06/thelonious/
    Last edited by Trust; June 17th, 2010 at 04:02 PM.

Smile Wordpress 3.0 Stable Version Released
    I just browsed the official site of wordpress and saw this news.

I am very happy to see this.

I like wp very much,for its flexibility,many many plugins and themes and large sum of users contribution to the open source software development.

I hope wp can be much more powerful in the future,which can be used to build online shopes,forums,portals...

WP is especially useful and helpful for me,who know little about programming or web design.

What is your opinion? What is your favourite CMS?

http and a telephoto
    Merging with the other thread on the same topic.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

As someone who regularly use WordPress for managing content, this is really great news.

But I always wait a few weeks to a month before upgrading.

And even when I am ready, I move production data to a development server, test everything, before stage it to production again

Call me paranoid but if you are using more than a dozen of plugins, you never know where things are going to break.

The good news is, I never had any big trouble upgrading WordPress, unlike Drupal. I mean, it's a good thing, right... just that I have been wasting some time with this process. But I'll still stick with it in the future, just to be on the safe side.

I'm good at coding Wordpress but still I'm a bit scared to upgrade my Blogs from 2.9.2 to the latest 3.0

3.0 is nothing but MU (MultiUser) and in my opinion, if you need a simple blog, it is useless to upgrade from 2.9.2 to 3.0 .. please, this is just my opinion which is based on "what's new in 3.0" at Wordpress.org

I agree with y'all, we should wait and see what others have to say about 3.0

On a side note, if you are so ready to upgrade to 3.0, make sure to backup your blog and database. Then upgrade to the latest version. It is better to be safe than sorry.

Thanks for your advice!

Quote Originally Posted by Adarsh View Post
    I'm good at coding Wordpress but still I'm a bit scared to upgrade my Blogs from 2.9.2 to the latest 3.0

3.0 is nothing but MU (MultiUser) and in my opinion, if you need a simple blog, it is useless to upgrade from 2.9.2 to 3.0 .. please, this is just my opinion which is based on "what's new in 3.0" at Wordpress.org

I agree with y'all, we should wait and see what others have to say about 3.0

On a side note, if you are so ready to upgrade to 3.0, make sure to backup your blog and database. Then upgrade to the latest version. It is better to be safe than sorry.

Visual Artist & ABW Ambassador lostdeviant's Avatar
    I'm glad the merge is finally over, but I know it is not just MU and I had read that some of the vocabulary was changed on the MU side of things. It will be great to have all my sites running the same version of Wordpress again! Personally, I am going to wait a few weeks for the first or second .0X bug fix to be released and for my favorite (written by other user) plugins to be updated.
    Perhaps some of those incompatible plugins will finally get fixed. I can dream anyway.

I read all your replies and very grateful for all.

I have upgraded all my blogs to the 3.0 and found no problem yet.

Hope to learn more from you.

http and a telephoto
    It is much more than just MU merged. I've upgraded several sites via the beta plugin and over the weekend will get all sites up to 3.0. I agree with lostdeviant, it will be great to have all WP on one version. I don't use a LOT of plugins, I'm just starting to use galleries (Next Gen) and ecommerce plugins. I like Buddy Press and am excited to get started using that on some community sites I am building out, but wanted to wait for WP 3.0 and the latest BP updates.
    Deborah Carney

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    loxly...any decent ecommerce plugins in particular?
    Following everyone else is a GREAT way to become average.

http and a telephoto
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas A. Rice View Post
    loxly...any decent ecommerce plugins in particular?
    I'm testing wp-ecommerce I like it so far, but haven't had a lot of time to spend with it. There are problems if you want to use it with affiliate tracking, but that isn't my intent in the sites I am using it on.
    Deborah Carney

http and a telephoto
    Quote Originally Posted by marcoinno View Post
    Hi Buddy!
    WordPress 3.0 released. It's on like Donkey Kong! The latest stable release of WordPress (Version 3.0) is available. ...
    yes we know

Actually if you have the beta testing plugin... 3.1 is available too.

*knock on wood* No sites broke during the upgrade to 3.0, including one I didn't know was still at 2.8.something
    Deborah Carney

True that, I upgrade two of my oldie blogs and they are running absolutely fine. Kinda like the admin interface colors and icons, they look a little more professional. What else is there to talk about apart from that ... thinking. Loxly did you notice anything new in the options/settings so far? I haven't noticed anything new at all. It just seems like the 2.9.2 with a little makeup in the admin panel
    Fulltime webmaster and wordpress lover.

http and a telephoto
    Quote Originally Posted by Adarsh View Post
    True that, I upgrade two of my oldie blogs and they are running absolutely fine. Kinda like the admin interface colors and icons, they look a little more professional. What else is there to talk about apart from that ... thinking. Loxly did you notice anything new in the options/settings so far? I haven't noticed anything new at all. It just seems like the 2.9.2 with a little makeup in the admin panel
    Nope, I didn't see anything different. I also did a one click install and didn't get the option to have multiple blogs enabled. I need to do a "from scratch" install.

My opinion is there should be a way via the admin to enable/disable or otherwise manage multiple blogs, or there is no reason to have blended it with MU. If I can only set that at install, I don't feel it is going to be useful to the multitudes of WP users that anticipated being able to use their upgraded WP installs to have multi-blog capability.
    Deborah Carney

Quote Originally Posted by loxly View Post
    My opinion is there should be a way via the admin to enable/disable or otherwise manage multiple blogs, or there is no reason to have blended it with MU.
    Exactly, I don't see any option at all where I can make it MU or keep it single. I have setup MU (older version) on different domains in past. But setting up MU was heck of a job. How in the world can we setup MU through 3.0? Guess we'll end up on Wordpress Docs to understand what needs to be done in order to use 3.0 like MU. Or Wordpress could have some easy functionality right in the Admin panel to change it to MU or Single user.
    Fulltime webmaster and wordpress lover.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast