HCD Open or Closed?
    Hi would a representative from SAS please clarify this situation?

I received an e-mail today from ajordan@haircarediscounters.com that says:
    Guys, im very sorry. We have to close the site to retail customers. We are actually canceling the SAS deal. We appreciate all you have done, we just can't turn a profit right now. We are working on ways to make it work long-term, but we're having a battle with a couple of manufacturers.

I want to personally thank you all for your efforts, but this is something we have no choice in doing right now. Again, thanks for your efforts. They are totally appreciated.
    But Haircare Discounters is listed as online in SAS.
    Which is it?
    I usually quit a program that has gone offline.
    Would you please check if this program is online or offline? Thank you.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Gee, I didn't know this would be a trick question

All I want to know is: Is HairCare Discounters still functional and online with Shareasale or not?
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

15 years and counting
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhia7 View Post
    Gee, I didn't know this would be a trick question

All I want to know is: Is HairCare Discounters still functional and online with Shareasale or not?
    Yes, they are still functional and online with Shareasale. But you will get nada if you close a sale, zero, nothing... because their commission level is set to 0%
    It's a shame!!!
    Instead to close their program properly and give a notice to their affiliates, they decided to switch their commission to 0%, so that way they can still get traffic for free for as long as the program is active. And the program can be active for ever as long as their balance is positive.
    SAS should not allow that!

Thanks for responding, Zeus.

I thought I was being ignored

I was very confused because on the one hand I received an e-mail stating HCD was going to close and then when I looked up the merchant/company on SAS the affiliate program came across as very strong and ongoing.

I've noticed that when an affiliate program closes on SAS that program is not automatically deleted from my list of programs. If a program is no longer functional I delete it from my list.
    When I went to delete it the program appeared robust so I felt confused and that it why I began this thread.

If an affiliate program sets its entire commission range to 0% and/or if it closes, Shareasale should make that obvious to the affiliates by an indication on that activity/merchant list -- a program that does this nonsense should not remain on the SAS merchant list *and* it definitely should not have a confusing "sign up page" -- bold blue letters indicated an invitation for affiliates to join and hit that "join button." Thus the confusion: it the program viable or not?
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Quote Originally Posted by Rhia7 View Post
    I've noticed that when an affiliate program closes on SAS that program is not automatically deleted from my list of programs. If a program is no longer functional I delete it from my list.
    True that, it is annoying at times that you have to Quit affiliation even on CLOSED programs at SAS. There is no point in keeping affiliation with closed programs. So if a program is closed (not offline), the affiliation should terminate automatically.

15 years and counting
    Quote Originally Posted by Adarsh View Post
    True that, it is annoying at times that you have to Quit affiliation even on CLOSED programs at SAS. There is no point in keeping affiliation with closed programs. So if a program is closed (not offline), the affiliation should terminate automatically.
    I don't agree for several reasons. One of them is linked to accounting. If you terminate your affiliation with a CLOSED program, all your history about the program will be deleted. How much money you made, nb of clicks...
    Also, I saw closed programs coming back.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    I don't agree for several reasons. One of them is linked to accounting. If you terminate your affiliation with a CLOSED program, all your history about the program will be deleted. How much money you made, nb of clicks...
    oh ok, I didn't know that, never checked that really. I guess, that's the reason why SAS doesn't terminate affiliation automatically when a program is Closed. I'm still learning my way through, thanks for explaining Zeus

Network Rep & ABW Ambassador Carolyn - ShareASale's Avatar
    Our guys are trying to get to the bottom of this, will let you know when we have something!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post

...also when a program terminates their cookies should remain active until their normal expiration. So even though a program has terminated they are still morally and legally obligated to pay commissions for cookies that were set prior to the end of their program. That doesn't mean that they all will, but I believe most honest merchants will continue to meet their obligations. Quiting the program prematurely nullifies your cookies.

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

Looks like they're closing...sorry guys. We're just waiting on the official paperwork, but I'd go ahead and pull those links.

15 years and counting
    Carolyn, pls check this thread re: HCD
    http://www.abestweb.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134110
    Any residual sales will be credited throughout the remaining cookie duration period, or until July 31, 2010.

Always did like Kim

Thank you for looking into this Carolyn.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread