Affiliate Manager
    What To Do To Start Getting Some Traction?
    Hi,

I've just started an affiliate program for our site that sells rugs, lighting, and other home decor items in the US. In the last 2 months we have gotten almost zero traction.

This is our second full month, and we've had about 20 clicks total this month. What's even more odd is that I don't see many of these in my analytics.

We've been beating the streets, reaching out to affiliates proactively, had a contest this month, and not much is happening. The offer is very competitive even before the contest, our site looks great, so I can't figure out the problem.

We're on PepperJam, and our rep hasn't been able to really help us at all. Not sure how much she can do anyway, but regardless we're just sitting more or less idle.

What do we need to do to get some action?

Thanks in advance for any feedback or advice. I'm starting at ground zero here, so anything will be helpful.

Thanks,
    Andy

http and a telephoto
    Welcome to ABestWeb. One of the first places you want to go do some reading is http://abestweb.com/bestpractices

There isn't a quick, easy way to "get traction".
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Affiliate Manager
    Thanks, I've read through some of it. It's a lot to digest. As with everything in running a business, I know there aren't silver bullets to success.

The bigger issue to me is that I feel like I'm getting the cold shoulder out there from affiliates. I guess I assumed affiliates would jump at a program with a better commission than what's out there, but that clearly is not enough. Especially with us reaching out to them, showing that we're enthusiastic about getting this going and working together with them, I thought we'd get a better response.

Andy

http and a telephoto
    Quote Originally Posted by hkwebandy View Post
    Thanks, I've read through some of it. It's a lot to digest. As with everything in running a business, I know there aren't silver bullets to success.

The bigger issue to me is that I feel like I'm getting the cold shoulder out there from affiliates. I guess I assumed affiliates would jump at a program with a better commission than what's out there, but that clearly is not enough. Especially with us reaching out to them, showing that we're enthusiastic about getting this going and working together with them, I thought we'd get a better response.

Andy
    Affiliates are going to wait until you are more established and can show conversion statistics. Higher commission in a new program doesn't really attract affiliates if they are making steady income from another program that has been around for years. Also your choice of network is not one that is real popular with the majority of affiliates, IMO. (I ran a program for a brief time on PJ, we moved to be Shareasale exclusive within a couple of months.)
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread