Affiliate Manager Decorative Ceiling Tiles's Avatar
    SAS Phone Tracking ?
    Today I have set up a phone tracking. Does it really depends only my honesty if the affiliate gets paid or not?

No it doesn't. You may think you have that but its a false sense.

Affiliates will place test transactions using the phone, If you don't track it they will be sure to let other affiliates know and probably place that info on ABW.

Not exactly the way you want to go about it.
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

Absolutely not, the reason I have removed the big number from the top and place tracking into place is because I want affiliates to get paid as per Andy's tip.

Thanks for you reply!!

http and a telephoto
    Quote Originally Posted by Decorative Ceiling Tiles View Post
    Today I have set up a phone tracking. Does it really depends only my honesty if the affiliate gets paid or not?
    If you are not honest affiliates *will* find out and the results aren't pretty
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Network Rep & ABW Ambassador Carolyn - ShareASale's Avatar
    You know, if you open up a pay-per-call component to your affiliates, there's javascript that will automatically update your phone number to the affiliate's phone number (This can be done in conjunction with what you're doing, as not every affiliate within ShareASale has access to pay-per-call yet)

Let me know if you're interested!
    best,
    Carolyn
    ShareASale Client Services
    Y!: SAS_CTang
    e: ctang(at)shareasale.com

Quote Originally Posted by Carolyn - ShareASale View Post
    You know, if you open up a pay-per-call component to your affiliates, there's javascript that will automatically update your phone number to the affiliate's phone number (This can be done in conjunction with what you're doing, as not every affiliate within ShareASale has access to pay-per-call yet)

Let me know if you're interested!
    Hi Carolyn,

Well, I am not sure if I want to do the pay per call because I don't really want direct the traffic to the phone.

I am trying to keep the phone number at the bottom of the page only so I get the least calls possible and only if they are really interested in buying.

Do many merchants use PPCALL?

But for instance, some calls me right. I write down his info along with a code. What if that same person clicks on Pay per click ad of someone else and purchases thru the website directly.

What do I do then?

It's pretty new to ShareASale, but yeah, I'd say there's definitely an upward trend in adoption! If you're trying to avoid sending traffic to your call center, then yeah, it's not for you
    best,
    Carolyn
    ShareASale Client Services
    Y!: SAS_CTang
    e: ctang(at)shareasale.com

Quote Originally Posted by Decorative Ceiling Tiles View Post
    But for instance, some calls me right. I write down his info along with a code. What if that same person clicks on Pay per click ad of someone else and purchases thru the website directly.

What do I do then?
    If someone calls you and you have pay-per-call enabled, you would be paying for the call, not for the sale. And, the code would match the affiliate who drove the call. So you're paying for the call, not the transaction.

If the consumer did not make a purchase during that call, but then later clicked to your site and completed the transaction online, then commission would be paid to the last cookie dropped. Could be the original paypercall affiliate, or could be someone else.

Clear as mud?

Quote Originally Posted by loxly View Post
    If you are not honest affiliates *will* find out and the results aren't pretty
    No, I know and that is not my intention. Affiliates are my friends and business partners. Why would try to bite the hands that are feeding me?

Extra buck? If I can't make it legit, than I don't want it.

Is not as much about the pray but the hunt for me.
    Last edited by Decorative Ceiling Tiles; June 18th, 2010 at 01:49 PM. Reason: change can to can't

Quote Originally Posted by Carolyn - ShareASale View Post
    If someone calls you and you have pay-per-call enabled, you would be paying for the call, not for the sale. And, the code would match the affiliate who drove the call. So you're paying for the call, not the transaction.

If the consumer did not make a purchase during that call, but then later clicked to your site and completed the transaction online, then commission would be paid to the last cookie dropped. Could be the original paypercall affiliate, or could be someone else.

Clear as mud?
    Clear as mud

So, the only scenario where that affiliate who initially sent the traffic would lose the sale would be if that person went to another of mine affiliate's site or add and got their cookies all over them and bought something thru the web?

Yep!

Thanks for your help!

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread