Recommedations for online paid classes
    Whenever I think of any online topic I always thing ABW is the best and first place to ask it... no matter the topic.

I am looking for recommendations as to how I should set up my site for online paid webinars. All of my sites run wordpress and there are a ton of wordpress
    membership type plugins - that is not what I am looking at/for (but I'll need help there too). But I need to be able to records several webinars and then make sure they are only available to people that have paid for them - either one time or as a recurring membership. I'd prefer to NOT host the videos on my own servers.

Thanks my ABW friends,
    Patrick
    ---
    This response was masterly crafted via the fingers of Patrick Allmond who believe you should StopDoingNothing starting today.
    ---
    Focus Consulting is where I roll | Follow @patrickallmond on Twitter
    Search Engine Marketing | Search Engine Optimization | Social Media | Online Video

http and a telephoto
    I would check with Vimeo about the video hosting. You can set videos to private and embed them in your site and allow that to be the only place they are embedded. Then only give access via whatever you use to give access to your site.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Thanks loxly. I've been doing some reading and also considering using Amazon S3 for video hosting and then Digital Access Pass/Member to protect it. I think they mask the real URL and every member gets a special link to watch the video.

Have you ever used any membership plugins?
    ---
    This response was masterly crafted via the fingers of Patrick Allmond who believe you should StopDoingNothing starting today.
    ---
    Search Engine Marketing | Search Engine Optimization | Social Media | Online Video

Here is the feature I think you are talking about in Vimeo:

Domain level privacy
    Choose exactly where your videos can be embedded on the web. There are no limits to the number of websites you can choose and you'll always have complete control of your video outside of Vimeo. You even have the option to completely hide your video on Vimeo.com so it will only show up on the sites you want it to, and nowhere else.
    ---
    ---

Quote Originally Posted by BatteryFuelPatrick View Post
    I need to be able to records several webinars and then make sure they are only available to people that have paid for them - either one time or as a recurring membership. I'd prefer to NOT host the videos on my own servers.
    Thanks my ABW friends,
    Patrick
    I would think that setting up an online course would be similar to setting up a webinar: especially if you'd like to make them available to people on a recurring basis [as an option]. This list looked really good:

How to Create Your Own Online Course: 100 Tools, Guides, and Resources | Best Universities
    Perhaps you have a special skill, talent, or knowledge-base that you want to share with others, and maybe you’ve heard that teaching online courses can make you a little extra money. The resources below will help you discover how to combine both what you have to offer and what you wish to gain by guiding you through creating and establishing an online course. No matter what age of student, subject you want to teach, or size of the class, you will find resources and information to bring your class online.
    Topics included are:
    • Learning Management Systems
    • Resources for Getting Your Class Online
    • Resources for Developing Your Class
    • Resources for Teaching Online
    • How-to Videos
    • Creating Content
    • Helpful Tools
    • Collaboration Tools
    • Distance Education Blogs

Maybe there is something there that could help

Kaplan University and University of Phoenix are among the "Featured Programs List."
    Some of the Learning Management Systems listed are free.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread