Getting on Google
    What are some ways to get your site quickly on google? I've indexed it, I'm doing some SEO work, and I'm getting links to my site. Those things sometimes take time before your site gets noticed by google still. What else should I do?

Try pinging and social bookmarking. Pinging is for search engines to discover your new pages and social bookmarking is for people.
    Michelle
    Affilorama Group Ltd
    Affiliate Marketing by Affilorama | Free SEO Software by Traffic Travis

What else should I do?
    Have you submitted your sitemap?

Quote Originally Posted by affilorama View Post
    Try pinging and social bookmarking. Pinging is for search engines to discover your new pages and social bookmarking is for people.
    Thanks I found a couple pinging sites so hopefully that helps. I'm using twitterfeed to put my new posts on twitter and tried to get it set up with ping.fm where I have all my other social bookmark sites set up, but I guess they don't allow twitterfeed anymore. Is there anywhere else like twitterfeed that I can use on ping.fm?

Quote Originally Posted by 2busy View Post
    Have you submitted your sitemap?
    Yep I've submitted my sitemap through my webmaster tools

Affiliate Manager Resume Companion's Avatar
    Sounds like you've already gone through Google Webmaster Tools checklist. Yahoo paid directory is also a good idea if you have the budget.
    Howard Chai, Affiliate Manager
    Email: [email]affiliate@resumecompanion.com[/email]
    Website: [URL="http://resumecompanion.com"]ResumeCompanion.com[/URL]
    SAS Program Link: [URL="http://www.shareasale.com/shareasale.cfm?merchantID=26342"]Join Now[/URL]

Exclamation
    Quote Originally Posted by Resume Companion View Post
    Sounds like you've already gone through Google Webmaster Tools checklist. Yahoo paid directory is also a good idea if you have the budget.
    I thought Yahoo paid directory was deprecated a long time ago.

It's still there. And a site I paid to include several years ago is still listed.
    http://search.yahoo.com/info/submit.html
    [URL=http://themoneyforums.com]The Money Forums[/URL]

Affiliate Manager Resume Companion's Avatar
    If you're on a tight budget, there are probably other activities you could partake in that will give you more bang for your buck. My listing on Yahoo doesnt actually drive sales.
    Howard Chai, Affiliate Manager
    Email: [email]affiliate@resumecompanion.com[/email]
    Website: [URL="http://resumecompanion.com"]ResumeCompanion.com[/URL]
    SAS Program Link: [URL="http://www.shareasale.com/shareasale.cfm?merchantID=26342"]Join Now[/URL]

I assume that my listing does bring a little traffic even now, or at least count as a nice authoritative backlink, but I sure don't know if it drives any sales.
    [URL=http://themoneyforums.com]The Money Forums[/URL]

Submission of xml site map to Google webmaster tool will make your site index fast in Google and other thing is social bookmarking...

Your process was good, but requires some time to be on Google 1st page. Just do link building(niche links and high pr links) and refresh frequently your page with new unique content and success will come.Also, you need a lot of patience and that is the whole philosophy. I'm doing same thing.

Getting on Google for any keyword is not over night job its required time and some experience in this field, Use best keywords in title , description and H1 tag. Then for off page start articles submission , press releases. Then forums and blogs.

The best way to get your site up in Google is to use the wikipedia technique. Wikipedia have used the clouding technique to stand first in google for every possible keyword. They have linked each keyword in such as way that when google bots comes they find same keyword linking to different pages. In this way the weight of those keywords gets increased and boosts in the SERP.

Quote Originally Posted by shanesol View Post
    What are some ways to get your site quickly on google? I've indexed it, I'm doing some SEO work, and I'm getting links to my site. Those things sometimes take time before your site gets noticed by google still. What else should I do?
    Add Tons of Content, but not to many backlinks at first as google will stick you in the sandbox.

I would suggest if your blogging or running a wordpress type setup to add about 3 to 4 posts a day for about 30 days and also ping it every so often so google will keep crawling your site.

Submit your site to Digg for faster indexing and several rss directories

The main factor you seem to be concerned with is time, it does take time but one major factor of how quickly your new site or any pages are indexed by googlebot is the popularity of the pages that link to it. The googlebot spider is based on an algorithm, and just like many of google's algorithms it does use pagerank. So in this case, the higher the pagerank of a page with your link the sooner it will be indexed by google typically. If you have links on high pagerank pages it can happen the same day or within just a few days.

So consider a large website like this one. If you wanted to get a new page indexed quickly, you would put a link to it on the most popular page ... often the home page of a site.

Submitting and pinging your site won't hurt, but it really can be a waste of time as continual crawling is done by googlebot based on spidering of links. The order/frequency of spidering is a function of pagerank basically - although how frequently a page changes and other variables do play a role.

With that understood, it is a matter of doing what you are doing. If it is taking a long time, then I wonder if you are submitting to pages indexed by google previously or if they are of very good quality and popularity. That should be your focus.

There are a lot of ways to build links. Some good ideas have been mentioned.

A couple suggestions -

Try the new LinkBuilder program from WordTracker. They offer a free 7 day trial.

Sign up for DIYSEO.com. They have a free seven day trial also and it will give you ideas and keep track of your initial link building campaign.

A recent article form WordTracker gives a lot of suggestions for brainstorming link building ideas. Check it out here.

62 steps to the definitive link building campaign
    by Mark Nunney, 1 June 2010

If you are struggling getting good quality links, then consider is there a reason for others to link to you. Truly, the good sites don't seek links but attract them by others naturally wanting to link to them based on the value of the content. This can be an issue with affiliate sites if your site is not unique. If you are struggling in this area ... learn about "Link Bait". See Search Engine Lands topic here for example http://searchengineland.com/library/...lding-linkbait

Cheers and happy link building
    Last edited by Logan; August 9th, 2010 at 12:40 AM. Reason: typo

Thanks , good tips . i can use it for my site too

use all the normal techniques of search engine optimizations, but be efficient and with effective ways.. this means that try to use good and populare webiste as your resource, which can get you great results.

Quote Originally Posted by Rozanne View Post
    The best way to get your site up in Google is to use the wikipedia technique. Wikipedia have used the clouding technique to stand first in google for every possible keyword. They have linked each keyword in such as way that when google bots comes they find same keyword linking to different pages. In this way the weight of those keywords gets increased and boosts in the SERP.
    is this technique also called "siloing" ?? every page links to every other page in a folder system ?

cheers,
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by shanesol View Post
    It was mentioned in here earlier - ARTICLES - writing articles on your niche topic and submitting to the various article sites (GoArticles, Enzine etc.) will get you some good quality links. Use the article as "bait" - mention the article in various sites you visit as being a great article to read and of course you are directing people to the article site not yours so they do not see it as you looking to build traffic. If it is a very good article others will want to use it. You can also put the article on your site and give surfers the option of where to go.

If the article may be of interest to an organization / welfare group / community group etc (lets say like a cancer society or a suicide prevention group) then email all the organizations you can find in google with the link and an excerpt.

cheers,
    Mike

Wink
    Quote Originally Posted by Logan View Post
    The main factor you seem to be concerned with is time, it does take time but one major factor of how quickly your new site or any pages are indexed by googlebot is the popularity of the pages that link to it. The googlebot spider is based on an algorithm, and just like many of google's algorithms it does use pagerank. So in this case, the higher the pagerank of a page with your link the sooner it will be indexed by google typically. If you have links on high pagerank pages it can happen the same day or within just a few days.

So consider a large website like this one. If you wanted to get a new page indexed quickly, you would put a link to it on the most popular page ... often the home page of a site.

Submitting and pinging your site won't hurt, but it really can be a waste of time as continual crawling is done by googlebot based on spidering of links. The order/frequency of spidering is a function of pagerank basically - although how frequently a page changes and other variables do play a role.

With that understood, it is a matter of doing what you are doing. If it is taking a long time, then I wonder if you are submitting to pages indexed by google previously or if they are of very good quality and popularity. That should be your focus.

There are a lot of ways to build links. Some good ideas have been mentioned.

A couple suggestions -

Try the new LinkBuilder program from WordTracker. They offer a free 7 day trial.

Sign up for DIYSEO.com. They have a free seven day trial also and it will give you ideas and keep track of your initial link building campaign.

A recent article form WordTracker gives a lot of suggestions for brainstorming link building ideas. Check it out here.

62 steps to the definitive link building campaign
    by Mark Nunney, 1 June 2010

If you are struggling getting good quality links, then consider is there a reason for others to link to you. Truly, the good sites don't seek links but attract them by others naturally wanting to link to them based on the value of the content. This can be an issue with affiliate sites if your site is not unique. If you are struggling in this area ... learn about "Link Bait". See Search Engine Lands topic here for example Link Building: Linkbait

Cheers and happy link building
    WOw, in my entire life, this must be the best insight that anyone can give about search engines and search engine spiders.....thanks for the tip....i'm seeing wordtracker now....:

22. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread