Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    The Weather Thread
    I was just wondering what's the weather like at your place? Let's begin this "weather thread" and keep each other updated of the kind of temperature/weather you are living through. I'll begin with the weather at my place:

I'm from a small beautiful town in India called Chandigarh. It is in the Northern India just 150 miles from the capital of India (New Delhi). The temperature here goes as high as 120 degrees in summers and goes freezing in winters. Since it is close to the mountains, it becomes really easy to drive off to the hills for a small vacation

Also, one of the main attractions of the Northern India are close-by. Shimla, a gorgeous little hill-station is nearby, just 4 hours drive and you are breathing fresh air in the mountains.

Oh well, summers this year arrived way too early. Temperature started getting higher in April this year and we are experiencing over 117 degrees this week. It is hot, humid and killing .. grrrrrr
    Just waiting for rains, hope we get some rains soon.

So what's the weather like at your end? Hot? Cold? Frozen? Snow? or just nice, warm sunny days with mild temperature? Loving it? Hating it?

It's been warm here. With a lot of storms going through.

It was absolutely gorgeous here today!

Oily, thanks to BP!

Yeah man, that's really sad. I'm sure you must have seen that funny Coffee spill video on youtube

Perfect!

That's a good one!

LOL those 6 million views are through just a very short period of time. Notice, the video was uploaded on June 9th

Touché.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

lol Thanks

ABW Ambassador
    Is that right, for the folks in California. I'm seeing in July 70's and 60's? Then East Coast is getting nailed with 100+ Florida isn't too bad, upper 80's, AC is struggling to keep up.

I like checking out past places I've lived - http://weather.aol.com/forecast/toda...thage/id/13619

Upstate NY warmer than Florida, crazy.
    Last edited by Trust; July 7th, 2010 at 03:29 PM.

http and a telephoto
    NYC is hotter than most of the west coast today. I read on Twitter about someone on the west coast wanting to light a fire in their fireplace! We are at over 100, air quality sucks, ConEd is telling people to cut back on power use, humidity is high and we are expecting a black out anytime now.

I can't go outside (asthma - even with all the meds I have can't breathe out there), glad I work from home!

We bought a new air conditioner last week and installed a roof vent a couple months ago, both are saving us right now. My desk is right in front of the air conditioner.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Trust View Post
    Is that right, for the folks in California. I'm seeing in July 70's and 60's?
    In the unbreathable polluted air of the east San Gabriel Valley, its been in the 70s, muggy, hazy, overcast, and thoroughly disgusting. I live directly south of the San Gabriel Mountains, and on days like today they are barely, if at all, visible.

It's late this year, but the weather people generally refer to this as "June gloom".
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

http and a telephoto
    Just last week someone said "June Gloom" to me and said the mugginess was lifting. It was somewhere in southern CA.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

105 degrees in Baltimore yesterday - glad we were at the beach where it was only 94.

Drove to Baltimore this afternoon - our beach place was at 92, but by the time we got about a dozen miles inland it was up to 100. Temps ranged from 101 to 98 all the way back to Baltimore and an even 100 when we got here. Thank goodness for AC. Trying to remember what we did when we were kids and no one had AC .
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    Temps ranged from 101 to 98 all the way back to Baltimore and an even 100 when we got here.
    And that was at 7:00 inthe evening after it has cooled down a bit. I don't knwo what "official" temps were, but one sign I saw while driving said 106 degrees. Ugh.
    Jill Swartwout, President
    Beaches and Towns Network, Inc

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Los Angeles has been cool (well, in the 80s) the past week. Weird that the east coast is getting our summer heat.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    105 degrees in Baltimore yesterday
    Yuk, that's intolerable! We are lucky to have showers and it is 94 degrees today. Hope the environment cools off for ya soon
    Last edited by Adarsh; July 8th, 2010 at 08:39 AM.
    Fulltime webmaster and wordpress lover.

ABW Ambassador
    Hotel time or find a place to crash. It's in the 90's, I'm in my room with the lil portable but the main one is kaput, getting brand new tomorrow installed outside tomorrow. It's 90 in the house, can't keep still at that temp.

CLOUDY! BUt that may be because I'm up in the air! Captain said that the temp on the ground in Orlando is 92, I believe, and sunny. Wooohooooo! THe south is cooler than Baltimore!
    Jill Swartwout, President
    Beaches and Towns Network, Inc

Been sunny through out the day with temperature above 105 degrees, been reaaally humid. This sort of temperature is so discouraging, you just can't spend too much time before computer. Ok turning the AC at the lowest possible temperature now, gonna love the electricity bill this month haha.

ABW Ambassador
    mid 90's feels like over 100

AC people have been here 6 hours, I still see the new AC sitting on the lawn, it's 92 in the house, i'm meltingggg

lol I know the feeling Trust. They've been there for 6 hours and you still see the AC on the floor? What in the world are the AC people doing for so long, I wonder...

ABW Ambassador
    Had to do some stuff in the attic, rip the old one out, build some kind of new stand for the new etc. They need to have it done before they leave today tho, or I'll block the driveway and they'll be stuck. I'm ok with being in the 90's outside but I can't sit still with an inside temp of 90, driving me nuts.

oh damn, forgot they had to turn the water off also.
    Last edited by Trust; July 10th, 2010 at 04:08 PM.

Now I don't know if I should empathize with them or with you
    If I put myself in your situation, I would definitely want them to fix/fit the new AC before they leave, so they better fit it. At least you won't have to tolerate the heat whole night long.
    Life's just crap without AC when you've to tolerate such high temperatures. I don't like living with AC on all the time but what can you do when you are experiencing over 115 degrees temperature.

Well, hope things cool off for everyone, including me

ABW Ambassador
    Finally got it all done, they had a lot do actually. A lot of new wiring also, plus it was hot as hell out there for them. Got up to 92 inside.

"I don't like living with AC on all the time but what can you do when you are experiencing over 115 degrees temperature."

ugh, that's too damn hot AC, one of the best inventions of all time.

Yayyyy .. some showers here and the temperature should drop down today. Hope it goes below 90, then we can have some party time

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast