About email list building
    Back from a break of several weeks, I now want to concentrate on building an email list, which I have found to be the biggest challenge in an online business. I get an optin here and there, but that is very slow. I have been looking into using a list broker, renting a list and such things.

Is this one way to build a list. Are there any legitimate list broker/rental outfits? Could someone please advise? Any names?

It is still best to to build your email list from your opt ins because then you know that they really signed up to receive your newsletters and other mailings. That means that what you send out will not end up in the spam/junk folder of the recipient, where they would most probably never be read at all.
    Michelle
    Affilorama Group Ltd
    Affiliate Marketing by Affilorama | Free SEO Software by Traffic Travis

It is still best to to build your email list from your opt ins because then you know that they really signed up to receive your newsletters and other mailings.
    +1
    That also means you won't wake up one day to find your accounts deactivated for spam.

Quote Originally Posted by 2busy View Post
    +1
    That also means you won't wake up one day to find your accounts deactivated for spam.
    Or to find you've been removed from the affiliate program and your commissions reversed. Build it don't buy it.
    Greg Rice Affiliate Program Management
    www.gocmc.com info(AT)gocmc.com | 330-259-1223

Join us! - MiNeeds.com | DiscountCandleShop/CheeseSupply | Feng Shui Plaza

Yes, I agree with all the above. I was not clear enough when I originally posted.

Of course I would not rent or buy a list and just start sending my promotional emails to them. The way I would want to use a list broker would be to use their list to send to its members an invitation to look at my site(s) and opt in. I figure if I send a mailing to a list of 1,000,000 names and just end up with 0.10% of them, I will have 1,000 new records.

So, my question really is, are any of these brokers reliable and are any of their lists reasonably current? Does anyone have a name of one you would be willing to recommend?

Thanks,

Carlos

Also, understand from the start that your list will have a small percentage of people who click into your site each time you send a newsletter. People usually click into the first newsletter you send, but the next newsletters depend on what subject line you use and how interested they are in your product/service/site. Make sure to build a list with a good company that has a good stats program so you know how many people are opening your newsletters and clicking through to your site. Getting people to sign -up for your list is just the first part of a long process. Something to think about while considering aquisition costs when building your list.
    [URL=http://www.investeverymonth.com]InvestEveryMonth.com[/URL] - Build Wealth

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    I think what Gato is trying to ask is "are there list building companies or list building software" around? I used to have a reciprocal list banner on my site that would show my newsletter "ad" after I showed the banner X number of times. It stopped working a few years ago and I would love to replace it.

I see this as a great business for some savvy individual to jump all over. :-)
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Email list
    I think what Gato is trying to ask is, are there any jv brokers who have a strong opt in clientèle and are aware that they will receive emails from different companies that are referred by JV. correct?

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread