Affiliate Summit Hotel Rooms - Discount Block
    I have been trying to book rooms for about 2 weeks and seems like for the first code (before Jun 10) and second code (after Jun 10) there is a "maximum occupancy restrictions exceeded". I guess the number of rooms that are available to book at these rates are no longer available.

Shawn and Missy, Is there a way to increase the block of rooms available to get rooms at these reduced rate?

They were so willing to sell me a room at $309 at the regular price but that is way to expensive.

I was struck how pushy they were to try to push rooms at other properties not in the Hilton family. Perhaps these call reps have their own affiliate programs going.

If it doesn't work out for staying on site, it looks like there are two Sheraton's very nearby that are around $200/night. The Mayfair (which gets mixed reviews) is $110-$140/night during that time.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Affiliate Summit Guy Shawn Collins's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ladidah View Post
    Shawn and Missy, Is there a way to increase the block of rooms available to get rooms at these reduced rate?
    We'll look into whether they will extend the non-refundable rate deadline.

Which dates are you trying to book for the refundable rate ($229)? I just tried and the rate was available online.
    Affiliate Summit - Las Vegas on January 10-12, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Collins View Post
    We'll look into whether they will extend the non-refundable rate deadline.

Which dates are you trying to book for the refundable rate ($229)? I just tried and the rate was available online.
    Really it worked for you? I tried multiple times online for the $189 rate earlier before June 10. When it didn't work I called and the person confirmed they were no more rooms available at that rate.

Then today I tried at the $229 rate online and couldn't get it either. Then I called in and was told also by a live person that no more rooms were available at that rate. She told me her screen read: "maximum occupancy restrictions exceeded". She said it meant that the number of rooms that were offered at that rate were sold out but she can sell me rooms at the higher $309 price. She then suggested that perhaps I ask to see if the company holding the conference should negotiate for more rooms to be added.

Sorta kills me when I know I have stayed at that hotel 2 years ago for $110 in the Summer. (thanks to Priceline )

Michael, thanks for the hotel suggestion. I looked at the Sheraton as well which is close too and have stayed there before but not my fav place to stay. However, I may have to go with that if no more rooms open up at the reduced price.

Affiliate Summit Guy Shawn Collins's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ladidah View Post
    Then today I tried at the $229 rate online and couldn't get it either. Then I called in and was told also by a live person that no more rooms were available at that rate. She told me her screen read: "maximum occupancy restrictions exceeded". She said it meant that the number of rooms that were offered at that rate were sold out but she can sell me rooms at the higher $309 price. She then suggested that perhaps I ask to see if the company holding the conference should negotiate for more rooms to be added.
    See the video I just recorded at http://www.screencast.com/users/affi...7-b32226a3ea0f where I tried booking a room for 8-14 to 8-18 at the $229 rate.
    Affiliate Summit - Las Vegas on January 10-12, 2016

Hey Shawn! Thanks for the video!

I think the problem was that the pricing and availability depended on what days I selected and what type of beds I choose, so based on that, it gave me the pricing.

My original dates were Aug 13-17 but that did not give me any double beds at that price, only King for $229, with a price increase towards the weekend to $309.

Then I looked at Aug 14-17 and that gave me double beds at $229. So I booked it!

Thank you Looking forward to my first summit!

Thanks for this thread. I booked my room this morning just in case they sell out of the rates soon!
    --Tricia Meyer-- I love being the exception to the rule.

Tricia Meyer | Helping Moms Connect | Wine Club Reviews and Ratings | Hunger Games Fan

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread