Video for the Web
    Hey all, I'm looking to do a bunch of product videos and am looking for some good resources, editing software, video converters, public domain music libraries, anything I might need. I'm new to web video, so don't be afraid to hit me with the basics and/or the obscure. I've read through this older thread, but it's a couple years old and seems more geared towards video for burning verses web use.

At the end of the day (more likely weeks or months) I'd like to set our products up with fun/informative videos, reviews, etc similar to Steve Spangler Science (love their site). Might be a tall order, but that's the idea anyway.
    Eathan Mertz

Black Cat Mining - Gold Prospecting & Rockhounding Equipment

Okay, just in case anyone else is interested, I've finished my first product video using ReelEditor for the iPhone and audio (under Creative Commons Licensing) from the Community Music section at Archive.org

Not too bad considering it was shot and edited entirely on my phone...
    Eathan Mertz

Nice job Eathan!

The video looks good, even at full screen and with the closed-captioned idea, there is no need to worry about voice.

Thanks!

My attempt at doing a voiceover was pretty terrible, at least to my ears, so will stick to text until I get a little more comfortable with it all.
    Eathan Mertz

Good job! Are all the videos shown in the frame yours too? The Arizona and Utah videos, or is that Youtube's "gift"? Do you have these available at SAS yet?

Nice video with good audio. That's what I noticed, the audio was good and lively, makes a user feel like collecting gold with that bottle. It seems fun and easy

Quote Originally Posted by 2busy View Post
    Good job! Are all the videos shown in the frame yours too? The Arizona and Utah videos, or is that Youtube's "gift"? Do you have these available at SAS yet?
    Those are Youtube's gift, unfortunately. I'm trying to decide if Youtube brings enough to the table to counter the way they take over the frame at the end.

We don't have any video content available at SAS yet, but it's certainly something I want to look into when we get a few more of these live. This was the first of what I hope will be many. There are some other good things going on for affiliates though.

The first iteration of adding Canada to the shopping cart just went live today as an example. Will open up French language marketing as well an entire new country to promote in. There's more in the works, but been too busy to send out any updates. Will do soon though, promise.

Quote Originally Posted by Adarsh
    Nice video with good audio. That's what I noticed, the audio was good and lively, makes a user feel like collecting gold with that bottle. It seems fun and easy
    Thanks! I think I let the video run long, but I'm pretty happy with the banjo music. I think this is going to be a fun project.
    Eathan Mertz

Those are Youtube's gift, unfortunately. I'm trying to decide if Youtube brings enough to the table to counter the way they take over the frame at the end.
    Well, poop.

I'm pretty sure that you could disable that option right where you select options for the embed code in Youtube. At least you could a few weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by 2busy View Post
    Well, poop.

I'm pretty sure that you could disable that option right where you select options for the embed code in Youtube. At least you could a few weeks ago.
    That'd be great if they can be disabled.

I'm looking for it on the edit tabs, but so far no luck. Any Youtube wizards have any thoughts?

Solved, see below
    Last edited by Eathan; June 24th, 2010 at 12:29 PM. Reason: answered my own question
    Eathan Mertz

Ah ha! Set rel=0 in the URL. No more related videos. Easy peasy, lemon squeezy.
    Eathan Mertz

Excellent! This is much better, thanks!

Thank you. If you hadn't asked, I might not have gone looking for an answer so soon.
    Eathan Mertz

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread