how narrow of a focus to begin?
    I have my site in the process of moving it to a new host and am getting ready to redesign it and add a lot more content. I've been listening to the Affiliate ABC's podcasts and several times they say that it was a mistake in the beginning to add too many things to their site.

I have one central theme. It's a niche gift store, but I plan to have three main categories. Two would require maybe six different pages, and the other could grow to 30 or so. Is this too much to try and put into a first-time shop?

Affiliate Manager Resume Companion's Avatar
    It depends on what you will have on the pages. As long as you have informative and useful content, you should be fine. It should be organized in a logical fashion with content accessible within several clicks.
    Howard Chai, Affiliate Manager
    Email: [email]affiliate@resumecompanion.com[/email]
    Website: [URL="http://resumecompanion.com"]ResumeCompanion.com[/URL]
    SAS Program Link: [URL="http://www.shareasale.com/shareasale.cfm?merchantID=26342"]Join Now[/URL]

http and a telephoto
    I think your plan sounds fine. By "too much" on Affiliate ABCs we mean people that build HUGE sites all at once. If you are building a site with focus, and keeping things related to each other, you should be good to go. If you want a specific site review feel free to email me at dc @ teamloxly.com
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Thank you! I have a tendency to over do things, so I think I'll start with one section group and then move on to the next and so on. I appreciate the input.

BTW, I love Affiliate ABC's--when I clean the house I love to listen to podcasts and it's great to know I can keep learning even while I'm walking or cleaning or driving.

http and a telephoto
    Quote Originally Posted by avgsuperheroine View Post
    BTW, I love Affiliate ABC's--when I clean the house I love to listen to podcasts and it's great to know I can keep learning even while I'm walking or cleaning or driving.
    Thanks! We have 5 more to post this week and a bunch in the works.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

If I may add, I think it depends on your goal. If I were you, if your site is already aged in Google... with that I mean at least a few months since the first index, then shift your focus from creating pages quickly to a few pages per week but build more links so you can start ranking on some of those long tail keywords.

Of course, your strategy will be different if you plan to buy banner ads or do pay per click.

There are a whole new level of motivation and possibilities as you start making some sales from your site.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread