Best affiliate network/management for new merchant?
    I just recently started a site for a new product and have even more recently found out about affiliate marketing. It seems like a great way to promote my product and generate sales but I know little about it nor do I have the ability to manage something like that on my own. I've looked at a few sites that apparently manage an affiliate network and will be talking with them in the next few days but I'd like some input from people that know this business and aren't trying to sell me on their services. Any suggestions on companies to work with? The sit is camocaps.net if you have to know what the product is. Any help would be much appreciated.

Derek

Start in the "Becoming a Merchant" and "Merchant Best Practices" sub-forums here.

Also check out the articles linked from my signature (below), which explain the entire "decision process" in choosing an affiliate technology (network) and launching an affiliate program.

Note that the role of "affiliate network" is not to actually recruit your affiliates or manage your program; for that, you'll need an Affiliate Manager. If you don't think you can do that within your company, you should explore "Outsourced Program Managers" (there are many who participate in these forums; see the OPM sub-forums).

Thanks. It's just me so I'm looking for someone who can handle that whole aspect of the business.

Quote Originally Posted by Camo Caps View Post
    Thanks. It's just me so I'm looking for someone who can handle that whole aspect of the business.
    Then you will likely need the services of an Outsourced Program Manager (OPM). There is a section of ABW that has forums for several talented OPMs.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Some good networks are CJ, ShareASale. For UK networks I like AffiliateWindow, Tradedoubler and Affiliatefuture.
    [url=www.gamesdash.com]Games Dash[/url] - listing many free online games that you can play.

Networks don't manage programs, so if Camo Caps isn't going to manage their program they need to find an OPM before a network. Bill's suggestion is a good one.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread