Cash back, rewards website: question #1 - Rejection
    Why some merchants reject your application right away?
    But in same time they are in other cash back websites. How those guys do that?

Here is a text from CJ:

Hotelpronto: Your application has been declined by this advertiser for one or more reasons. If you have a question please contact the advertiser through advertisers detail page within the account manager.
    Last edited by sava; June 22nd, 2010 at 05:54 AM.

Interesting, but not surprising. Some merchants are a bit "stuck up" IMHO and automatically reject less than stellar performers in the CJ system. For various reasons we do not do much with CJ (basically I buy enough coffee through one merchant there to keep my account active).

We do sell hotels however (enough to be a 5-bar performer if we used CJ merchants) and figured I would attempt a sign-up with them. I "instantly" got the pop-up window declining my app when I hit the Join button.

Such a shame.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

So merchants automatically reject your offer and message says "If you have a question please contact the advertiser through advertisers detail page within the account manager."
    In most cases there is no any contact details.

But from my experience i see that sometimes that work well to contact merchant directly and ask. They possibly allow to join their program.

Quote Originally Posted by sava View Post
    So merchants automatically reject your offer and message says "If you have a question please contact the advertiser through advertisers detail page within the account manager."
    One of the really great features of CJ (and just one more way that they let us know where we stand in their eyes) is that when a merchant rejects you, their contact details are automatically hidden from you so that there is no easy way for you to appeal the rejection.

Needless to say, CJ is not known for their liberal views of communications with affiliates.

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

We've been a 5-bar cash back/loyalty site for almost 5 years with CJ and still get automatic rejections frequently. It can be a very difficult process to get in touch with someone to get you approved. You basically have to start networking to get yourself some contacts within all of the networks so that you can talk to a PERSON about this kind of stuff instead of just the system.
    --Tricia Meyer-- I love being the exception to the rule.

Tricia Meyer | Helping Moms Connect | Wine Club Reviews and Ratings | Hunger Games Fan

Affiliate Manager ParadigmWilliam's Avatar
    Most of the times they do this because if you really want to work with them you will go the extra mile and email them to discuss working with them. This helps get rid of a large percentage of sites that are run by newbies or sites that are cut and paste.

Some merchants also want to make sure you follow their strict guidelines for cashback/loyalty sites.

More than always, a follow up email works and they accept my application.
    [URL="http://www.manageaffiliatelinks.com/"][COLOR="Red"][B]Manage Affiliate Links[/B][/COLOR][/URL] - Redirect Dead, Expired, or Broken Links

[URL="http://www.wpcoupon.com/"][COLOR="Blue"][B]WP Coupon[/B][/COLOR][/URL] - Turn Wordpress into a Coupon Site!

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread