Coupon exclusivity - when and where, if at all?
    Greetings wisefolk.

Per another post, I'm struggling with the value of offering coupon codes to affiliates, largely because I've found certain traffic finds me natrually first, then sidesteps and hunts Google for a code - then comes back to my site. Effectively, I could be losing the dollars on the coupon, and losing commission to an affiliate who actually didn't bring the traffic to me. Yes, I know various points can be argued here.

Regardless - would there be merit in offering an exclusive coupon code to a worthy affiliate? Already, I'm finding coupon affiliates offering "coupon" type deals about us that aren't really coupons. They've scooped marketing verbiage from our site like "free shipping" or "sale" and molded that into sorts of clickable "coupons".

I feel some process like "5% commission if you publish codes, or 15% commission if you don't" is in order. Of course - for the "worthy" - I'd give them the ability to publish a code and get a high commission.

But if I offer coupon code XYZ to a single affiliate - what's to stop other affiliates from harvesting it and publishing it just the same?

Any thoughts on best practice, experience, or the most robust way to work this all out while keeping all parties happy?

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by DandyMats View Post
    Greetings wisefolk.

But if I offer coupon code XYZ to a single affiliate - what's to stop other affiliates from harvesting it and publishing it just the same?
    To make the coupon code truly unique and not poached by others, commissions for the use of exclusive code should always go to the affiliate who has been given that coupon to use. There are some merchants who does this and it will also help us to promote this merchant offline too with the unique coupon code acting as a tracking for commissions in addition to preventing the poachers.

SURPRISE - poaching will also stop automatically if you make the code TRULY unique to an affiliate

3. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread