http://www.mrkt-online.com/alkaline/...ine-blood.html

I hope this doesn't turn out to be an abw member. I did whois look ups and there is no name to be found on anything.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I did whois look ups and there is no name to be found on anything. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Whatever whois site you used sux, then...

But yeah, I don't like those sites either. They look so "cheap!" I see they even delinked the SE results to avoid leaking out traffic and passing on PR!

This one has a PR0, though, so the value of any links that would have been on it is dubious anyway.

Alkaline blood products...does anyone actually *buy* that?
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> We Love Google And Yahoo!
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Leader I figure I have nearly 20,000 of these sites refering to my pages and using them to gain their own spots in the search engines. I'm not the only one I've seen many other abw member sites in their as well.

ABW Ambassador
    I've got similar scammers who use my musical instrument pages with those kinds of non-active links. They also list zZounds pages in their search engine fodder. The only links that works on their pages go directly to Music123. Scum, all of em.

Wayne

There's quite a few of that type of pages that I know about linking to sites of mine.

I didn't even think to look for those that have referred to my site *without* giving me a link! I dread what I'll find in Google when I do *that* search!

ABW Ambassador
    Here he is:

Rapid Empowerment Pty Ltd 18/7 Beach Rd Bondi Beach, NSW 2026 Australia Registered through: GoDaddy.com (http://www.godaddy.com) Domain Name: MRKT-ONLINE.COM Created on: 22-Oct-03 Expires on: 22-Oct-04 Last Updated on: 23-Apr-04 Administrative Contact: Aryal, Anish aaryal@bigpond.net.au Rapid Empowerment Pty Ltd 18/7 Beach Rd Bondi Beach, NSW 2026 Australia 0291303746 Fax -- 0291303746 Technical Contact: Aryal, Anish aaryal@bigpond.net.au Rapid Empowerment Pty Ltd 18/7 Beach Rd Bondi Beach, NSW 2026 Australia 0291303746 Fax -- 0291303746 Domain servers in listed order: NS1.IPOWERWEB.NET NS1.IPOWERDNS.COM NS2.IPOWERWEB.NET

The fact that so often sites like this turn up on Google ahead of genuine sites (and the sites they 'link' to) shows how broken Google is.

Yep, total waste of disc space and bandwidth. I do get mighty unhappy when a couple of these totally useless sites rank above mine. They provide the end user with virtually nothing.

I report them to Google when I find them, since they are just a waste of time for everyone concerned. I can't imagine they make much money for the owner.

Andy

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    scumbag affiliate shortcutter who probably is in phase I of his tricks for clicks...hope he get's eaten by a Aussi Great White Shark.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

I like traffic lights
    Southern hemisphere - away from Fukushima
    They're hosted at iPowerWeb.

1. So send a DCMA take down letter to iPowerWeb for copyright infringement. iPowerWeb are obliged to act.

2. Once they find a new host, goto 1.

ABW Ambassador
    What I don't understand is why in the world Google is allowing these useless and spammy sites to run AdSense on them. These types of sites are like a plague right now in the SERPS and add absolutely nothing to the search results. If Google started pulling the plug on using AdSense on these sites I suspect a good number of this type of site would simply vanish.

ABW Ambassador
    $$$$$$'s.

Two comments...

1. IPO

2. Google is busted - this time next year we will all be using the Microsoft SE built into Windows.

3. Remember Altavista?

Sorry, can't count.

In case you haven't seen it yet, check out the fantastic tool that Paul posted in the Powertools section for finding these types of theiveshttp://abw.infopop.cc/eve/ubb.x?a=tp...32&m=523102906:
    Ken

ABW Ambassador
    Huh? Report it. Google can't read minds, they will yank this site right away. They even made a change in their adsense terms to not allow sites using other site's content like this to run adsesne ads.

But google doesn't hand check every site, so you have to help. Unless of course you want to just yell and cray and call google STOOOPID!!!

Chet

Here is a whole new bag of trash to take out.

http://www.wawawiwa.com
    http://www.scoutbb.com

Check out how what looks like links isn't unless you happen to click on the adsense ads.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Heyder:
    http://www.mrkt-online.com/alkaline/...ine-blood.html

I hope this doesn't turn out to be an abw member. I did whois look ups and there is no name to be found on anything. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think it really depends how its used... if your providing information I don think this is fair to vistors as it provides no information like they can read.. BUT if its just to point people to where they can buy a product online ... I dont see any problem in it.. its a good way to get the goods in front of people who want it... ultimately they will reach what they are after..

Now if you had a site selling pharamacy stuff and you did pages like this that were for guitars that would be dumb!..... keeping it related means you are providing what the person is after.. also picking keywords right..

so nah im for it.. and people who contact google are lame mate.. all they would need to do is get maybe 1 or 2 link echanges to the page on their site they wanted to get above this one.. and they would easily beat them...

thats my 2 cents

You are for it??? Perhaps you might want to look at it again and ponder why others find it offensive.

If you are still "for it", you may be fated to join the seemingly endless number of spammers and cheats, who try to make a buck in aff marketing on the backs of those who prefer to add quality sites.
    We did not change as we grew older; we just became more clearly ourselves.
    ~Lynn Hall

LastHope--

Usually I don't get upset about a bit of SE spam either, and would agree that crying to Mommy-Google is lame--but these pages go further than normal spam.

"Quality" isn't the issue I have with those pages--I don't like people using snippets from my own sites to try to kick my @ss in the SEs!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> if its just to point people to where they can buy a product online ... I dont see any problem in it.. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The problem is, that's what the sites whose snippets they're using were trying to do! It's like the competition trying to kick your butt with your own boots!

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>so nah im for it.. and people who contact google are lame mate. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

So I'm lame. I just ratted out a couple more of these bastards and I feel a whole lot better for it.

One of pushed a single book as it's affiliate ad but also ran Google Adsense ads which I don't believe Google will put up with. I hope to see them gone in a heartbeat.

I don't see this crap in Yahoo results yet. Maybe they're better at filtering this out?

Wayne

Good Work NortherStudio,

The worst part is that people paying adsense are getting these kinds of crap results for their dime.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> so nah im for it.. and people who contact google are lame mate.. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    I think there are a lot of new affiliates - and possibly some experienced ones as well - who got into this business thinking it was easy money, and don't see the difference between providing something of value to their site visitors and spamming, or stealing content from other sites.

I would hope that most in this category would either figure out that there is little value in spamming or stealing, or give up on affiliate marketing altogether.

You might make a few bucks for a while, but eventually you'll get caught. Especially if your "site" manages to get placed higher than mine in the search engines, and you've "borrowed" content from my site that I've worked hard to develop.

Instead of spamming and stealing, try finding a need (niche) and filling it. That is the basics of marketing, either online or off. If you aren't making much in commissions, keep trying different things until you find what works for you.

I'm confident that anybody that tries will find success, whether it is in affiliate marketing or any other type of business activity. You may encounter bumps in the road along the way, but you'll learn from them and be that much better off for it. Of course, there is a lot of advice on this board that can help you avoid the bumpy stretch of road entirely too

24. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread