Arrow Help! StumbleUpon Pay Per View Ad $0.05, What Is Your Actual Sales Conversion Rate?
    I just started experimenting Stumble paid ads.
    I put in an ad for a Web Hosting operator for $0.05 per view by a Stumbler.

What is your actual conversion rate (Sales number / View number) whichever your case below might be?
    If I know now, I can modify ads if my ad s performance is worse than your benchmark.

1. Your Ad Page : AAA.com/id=your id number is viewed by a Stumbler
    OR
    2. Your Ad Page : Yoursitename.com with a link for AAA.com embedded is viewed by a Stumbler

Regards
    herok

Not exactly sure what you're asking. Conversion rates vary widely depending on the traffic and the product. Also, are you paying $.05 per VIEW, or per click? If it's per view, you're probably not going to make money.

Case #1 in your example is really cookie stuffing, if I understand you correctly and will get you banned from many affiliate programs.

I've tried Case #2 and the conversion rates were quite poor. I was promoting during the holiday shopping season and I was trying to create buzz for a gift finder website.
    Merchants, any data you provide to Google Shopping should also be in your affiliate network datafeed. More data means more sales!

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by isellstuff View Post
    Case #1 in your example is really cookie stuffing, if I understand you correctly and will get you banned from many affiliate programs.

I've tried Case #2 and the conversion rates were quite poor. I was promoting during the holiday shopping season and I was trying to create buzz for a gift finder website.
    Is Case #1 really cookie stuffing? Or is it just direct linking to merchant site, still requiring a click-thru? In which case some merchants allow and some don't. BTW, I don't direct link in ppc or cookie stuff myself. Cookie stuffing is just plain wrong and direct linking PPC always seemed like a "hollow" marketing approach, when allowed, since I was adding zero value and a simple change of terms could prohibit it.

For sure, $0.05 per impression would be pretty steep! I would guess OP meant per click.
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead View Post
    Is Case #1 really cookie stuffing? Or is it just direct linking to merchant site, still requiring a click-thru?
    I guess there are several ways to look at it... The user doesn't know what site they are going to see but they did request to see "a new site" in a particular category. IMHO, the marketer's intent is to put as many affiliate cookies on as many computers as possible for the least cost, with very little value add to the merchant.

If I were a merchant with a new affiliate program, I would like the practice. If I had an established program like Amazon or eBay, I would consider it a traffic quality problem, if not a TOS violation.
    Merchants, any data you provide to Google Shopping should also be in your affiliate network datafeed. More data means more sales!

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread