Arrow Help! Sales Transaction – Weekdays. Why Not On Weekends?
    Re : Help! Sales Transaction – Weekdays. Why Not On Weekends?
    I am a newbie and just started internet marketing part time in March 2010.
    To get traffic I have been using as many methods as possible such as Forum, article, classified ads, social networks, Search Engine Marketing etc.
    My question is PPC.

The past 100 days statics of Yahoo PPC Search Engine Marketing
    A. 2 sales (Web Hosting)
    B. 18 tiny sales (Tool Bar download) It is $1 each so in total $18
    It seems that all the transactions happened on Weekdays, NOT WEEKENDS.

IS THIS COINCIDENTAL as statics samples are too small?

My questions are below.
    Please be aware I not interested in am offline sales or online sales from non-Search Engine Marketing.
    If I know the answers, I will advertise only on specific days, not wasting money to advertise on other non performing days.

1. Majority of Transaction happen on weekdays or weekends?
    2. If weekdays, why? I thought they buy on weekends.
    Did customers first visit sites on weekends?
    3.How many days between Transaction and the date customers first visit sites, clicking PPC ad?
    I know this is a difficult question, but if there is any statics available, that will be good.
    Regards
    herok - The Phantom of The Opera

ABW Ambassador
    Weekends are in general slower for onsales across the board. But people also buy in weekends too. It cannot be zero sales on weekends except that your sample size is too small!

It's a well known fact, and one that makes employers cringe, that a whole lot of online sales come during the business day
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

Affiliate Manager
    It's true. I've worked with a variety of sites through the years from B2B to jeans to small business formation and they LOVE to buy during normal business hours.
    [COLOR="Green"][SIZE="2"]Partner with VerticalResponse and earn up to $125 per sale! [URL="http://bit.ly/itF4W2"][U]Apply Now[/U][/URL].[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Affiliate Manager Resume Companion's Avatar
    You can use google web analytics to analyze your visitors loyalty and recency in order to understand the time it takes someone to make a purchase decision.
    Howard Chai, Affiliate Manager
    Email: [email]affiliate@resumecompanion.com[/email]
    Website: [URL="http://resumecompanion.com"]ResumeCompanion.com[/URL]
    SAS Program Link: [URL="http://www.shareasale.com/shareasale.cfm?merchantID=26342"]Join Now[/URL]

Very interesting!

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    It could also be a reporting issue. They could be be doing bulk reporting but not on weekends, or they might just not report weekend transactions until the following week.

Quote Originally Posted by herok View Post
    Tool Bar download
    QUOTE=Mr. Sal - Very interesting!
    Exactly
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

As noted, this could be a reporting issue, especially if the payment obligation for a "toolbar download" is contingent on a subsequent action (confirmation of an email address, for example).

However, it could also be an issue of how your PPC bidding interacts with other bidders' PPC bidding. It is possible that for your keywords, other bidders have chosen to reduce their bids (or pause their campaigns) on the weekend, which will change the proportion of traffic coming from certain keywords.

It might also turn out that your keywords "have a different meaning" on the weekend versus weekdays. That is, there may be two or more meanings (or contexts) for which people search for your keywords, and one context may arise more frequently on the weekend -- and that second meaning or context may not be the correct audience.

You can waste a lot of money on PPC if you don't understand how your bids interact with other peoples' bids, or how search patterns and conversion ratios change depending on the time-of-day and day-of-week.

It's possible that people may do research during the weekend but defer the actual purchase to another date (for example, someone may wait to receive confirmation that the purchase price will be reimbursed by the employer, or a consumer might need to wait for a deposit to clear before using a debit card).

Finally, you're looking at a very tiny "sample size," if you've only seen two "service purchase" transaction plus 18 "downloads." You should also be aware that the "reversal rate" for web hosting affiliate programs is quite high, so your visible sales may disappear or be reversed in a few days, weeks, or months.

While you certainly should make some preliminary decisions about your PPC bidding based on this data, you must also be aware that it's unwise to rely too strongly on conclusions from a small number of events. (For example, if you've spent $25 to drive $25 in revenue, you'd probably want to "wait and see" or make only minor adjustments; if you've spent $500 to drive $25 in revenue, you should probably pause your PPC campaigns until you can make more informed decisions.)

See also: my article describing why most people lose money using PPC to drive traffic to affiliate-program merchants.
    Last edited by markwelch; June 23rd, 2010 at 04:30 PM.

Arrow
    Hi! Everyone
    Thank you for your comments.
    I got another 2 sales (Tool Bar Download Total $2=#1 x 2) 2 days ago (again weekdays) and Also 8 hours ago today 1 sales of Web Hosting appeared in CJ report(again weekdays).

Some are saying it might be to do with reporting timing.
    I am not sure,but consencus seems that most of transactions happen on weekdays.
    Other 2 forums which I joined said "Weekdays". I got 3 posts from 2 other forums.
    Here I received a lot so I really appreciated that.

Also S[ecial thanks to Markwelch
    ToolNar down load is Yahoo.
    as for PPC I knew that many people lose money so I use "contens" not "keyword bidding".
    it is $0.15 to $0.2 per click for Web Hosting and My income is positive after deducting PPC expense.
    You also posted me before a long reply on Merger on Yahoo and Bing for expected PPC rise.
    As you mentioned above,I have been trying not to rely on PPC,though currently my earning is net positive.
    I am a really newbie,so I did not understand some of your comments NOW,but I will keep them on my mind.

Thank you all!!

When do customers shop for the products you're promoting?

Web hosting strikes me as a business week purchase for the most part, unless it's one of those dirt cheap or free hosts. If the customers aren't buying for a work related project, they're still more likely to have Internet access at work than the average. If they work online, they may want their weekends free for other pursuits. Don't know about you, but I like to get away from computers when the work week is done.

As for the toolbar, who downloads it; students, seniors, nurses, loggers, people new to toolbars, new to computers, foreign exchange students named Cirq? I have no idea, but the answers may help explain why you get more bites during the week.
    Eathan Mertz

Black Cat Mining - Gold Prospecting & Rockhounding Equipment

Since you say that you're really a newbie, I would try to explain my previous comment above...

When you posted this:
    I was not thinking of any Yahoo toolbar, all that came to my mind was some parasite toolbar..

I'm sorry if I jumped the gun too soon, but after seven years on ABW, the word toolbar alone, is synonymous with parasites, or some other nasty stuff...

If you search for the word "toolbar" here on ABW, you might understand what I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Kung Fu Master
    I like to get away from computers when the work week is done
    So do I and I believe so do most people the world over. Weekends are a time to relax and unwind and spend with the family. I do a lot of sleeping on weekends.
    Michelle
    Affilorama Group Ltd
    Affiliate Marketing by Affilorama | Free SEO Software by Traffic Travis

Deleted post
    Last edited by bibby; June 26th, 2010 at 12:39 AM. Reason: Delete post

HI1 Etan
    It is Hostgator who seem to be quite popular.

Hi! Mr.Sal
    Thank you very much for telling me that Tool Bar in this frorum implies parasite or nasty staff.
    Just Yahoo with CJ just happens to have the product so I am promoting.
    I completely agree implication of "Tool Bar"
    I downloaded personally only Google tool bar before,but it takes space on screen so I took it out some time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by affilorama View Post
    So do I and I believe so do most people the world over. Weekends are a time to relax and unwind and spend with the family. I do a lot of sleeping on weekends.
    I've been building a patio the last couple weekends. Should be able to eat out in the garden tomorrow evening.

Now the boys are in bed, it's time for a little recorded World Cup. Saw the first 5 or 10 minutes. Looks like we have another hole to climb out of...
    Eathan Mertz

Black Cat Mining - Gold Prospecting & Rockhounding Equipment

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread