Fairly New Website for Sale - Making Sales
    I'm in a bit of a pickle so let me explain. I built a one page website using wordpress. The site sells a truck part (replacement parts for trucks) that is manufactured by a small company in my area. I met the owner and we talked about selling a few of his items in some way other then ebay so I set up a website to sell a single product. The site is not very nice looking but in the last week I was able to move the site to the #1 spot on google, yahoo, and bing. The site is getting about 35-40 uniques per day now and has had 4 orders in the past 7 or 8 days. I make $35 per order and all I need to do is send the order info to him and he handles the shipping...so it's a fairly easy gig at this time.

Now, the guy has a few other products and wants sites built out for them. Using the same system I used, it only takes about 1-2 hours to build the sites. I have done a second site and that is currently ranked #1 on yahoo and #4 on google so I'm working to get it to the top. This product is a hand tool that he makes.

Now the pickle - I'm moving in the next 45 days and I have 1.5 million things to get done before I go...then another 1.5 million once I get to where I'm going. This project is not one that I can continue. The business owner is uncomfortable with anything website related..it's just not up his alley. So I'm looking for somebody who would be interested in taking over this project and making themselves some nice steady money. The business owner is a good guy and easy to get along with.

You should have a basic grasp on building a website - single page only, and then getting that site ranked well. He has 2 other products right now that need a site and you will also make commissions on those products. From what I've seen of the primary product, I would guesstimate about $300 per week of net commissions...that's conservative but easily doable and almost hands free once you have his other two sites finished.

I'm looking to sell this opportunity for $1500. At that price, only considering the truck part site, you can recoup in about 10 weeks. Add in the other products (which btw he sells on ebay at a very nice clip), and you can see how the $300 estimate above is pretty conservative.

I'm not going to reveal the sites. I will provide a screenshot showing the sales the primary site has made in the last week or so. I can sell this to one of his competitors pretty quickly but I'd rather see the business stay as it is with somebody who is willing to put in just a little time for a nice steady return. This would be good for you and the business owner.

You can be anywhere in the world and work this but you will need to speak to the owner from time to time and he is in the US on eastern time so keep that in mind.

Apologies if this is to clandestine but I'm not going to reveal his niches he. I would do him better if I sold it to one of his current competitors instead of creating more competition for him.

PM me or post with any questions.

Larry

p.s. There are other factors which could result in a sale from another party about the time I push the submit button for this thread so a little patience on replies would be appreciated.

What happened to the edit button?

This is no longer available.

Tax Paying Member
    I think that the edit button gets bored and goes away after some number of minutes. The little rascal is not a permanent fixture.
    You must climb this mountain. There is no elevator. ---- Don't stick your finger in the liquid nitrogen.
    Carolina China

Ok, this is back up for sale but I built out the other two sites mentioned above. I am making about $150-$200 a week with no marketing, no advertising, no effort. If you are good at marketing (especially things like forums), this could very well do $500 a week for you. I am looking for $2000-$2500 and you really should live in the US just for communication reasons.

If you're interested pm me with a little background about yourself. I just want to make sure the owner gets somebody who is really interested in pushing things for him and has the ability to do that.

Also, we might need to pair up for about a week for the transition so the owner feels good about the whole thing.
    Last edited by Larry; August 20th, 2010 at 10:23 AM.

No bites heh? A little surprising. Did I mention that he sells 100+ of these 4 products each week on ebay when he is listing regularly? There really is a nice market for somebody to go after...and at $35 commission per sale, I was being conservative about the weekly income potential. I hate over selling an opportunity.

Ok..well, how about offers based on the above info. The more experience you have the better.

If you're interested in making an offer just send me a pm.

My curiosity compels me to respond....

My question is this - if this is so lucrative, and it can be done from anywhere, and you would have to work for a week or so with whoever bought it, and you would hate to sell it to his competition but you've thought about it, and you were going to move in 45 days and had a million things to do but built out the other two sites anyway...... why don't you just keep it?

This seems like a thinly veiled sales pitch for sites that were built to sell in the first place?
    Why would somebody pay for that when the folks here could probably do that for themselves?

Just thought I would stir things up a little in the interest of conversation and additional sales pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by JudiMoore View Post
    My curiosity compels me to respond....

My question is this - if this is so lucrative, and it can be done from anywhere, and you would have to work for a week or so with whoever bought it, and you would hate to sell it to his competition but you've thought about it, and you were going to move in 45 days and had a million things to do but built out the other two sites anyway...... why don't you just keep it?
    I have actually moved at this point but was delayed and I had time to get the other two built. "Why sell" always strikes me as a funny question. I've probably owned 500 websites since 1996 and 4 web based businesses...some have done well, others..not so much. Just because I seek out a manufacturer and start selling their products yesterday doesn't mean that selling for them will fit my business model today or tomorrow. I built the first of this series of sites back in march so this isn't something I slapped together last month just to pitch to you.

In my new location, I have another business that I am starting (a bricks and mortar store for the 3rd time) and it's going to keep me busy. I think the owner will be better served by somebody who has an interest in growing his sales. The commission structure is nice...the sites are built..and 2 of the sites are number one in google for their primary terms and the other two are 2 and 7 on google for their primary terms but I still have somebody working on linking campaigns for them.

Why would somebody pay for that when the folks here could probably do that for themselves?
    Do you know the products?
    Do you have a manufacturer?
    Have you established the relationship?

Just thought I would stir things up a little in the interest of conversation and additional sales pitch.

Anybody can do this Judi but why go seek out the relationship and build out the model when I have something turn key already making money? The price of entry is low and all the homework and legwork is done.

On the other hand, I'm not just going to hand somebody a small niche business that I took the time to develop. You can purchase 1 million sites that have never earned a dime and most are based on some silly business model that will never turn a profit. While I have mentioned potential for these sites, the sale is based on what the sites are doing right now..earning.

Thanks for the questions and I hope the responses are helpful!

What would it take to get a peek at the site in discussion?

Quote Originally Posted by John Powell View Post
    What would it take to get a peek at the site in discussion?
    Probably Money John ;-)

All 4 sites are linked together. All 4 have the parent company name on them. So if I show you one I showed them all. And besides, we could be selling 4 different widgets and the products don't really matter. You don't have to know anything about the products..you just market them. Commission is $35 on 3 of the products and $50 on the other.

This thread is for the sale of 4 one page websites. Each site sells one product...all related to cars or trucks. I've never had a single returned item. All payments are taken through your paypal acct and you then send the correct amount along with the order to the owner of the business who handles manufacturing and fulfillment. The sites are not a thing of beauty and you are free to change them. They are simple wordpress sites using a simple theme.
    Last edited by Larry; August 23rd, 2010 at 03:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry View Post
    Probably Money John ;-)
    Looks like a problem if you can't show until you see money, and not many can afford to buy site unseen. What am I missing here?

What am I missing here?
    Trust. You're missing trust John.

You have to just fork over the cash and trust that everything you are being told is true.
    :rankn-scp John - This is our chosen profession. This is our way. This is what we do.

... not many can afford to buy site unseen.
    Seeing the sites won't make them a dime so they probably still couldn't afford to buy.

I'm looking for that one person who has the skills, feels like 4 niche products related to autos is something that's right up their alley, and sees the value in the offer above...because it's a very good offer. I'm not trying to sell any blue sky here.

When I run across that person I'll know it. And we can see the sites..talk about them..and complete a deal. I'm not asking for you or anybody else to send me cash up front.

If I don't find them here, I'll probably give it to my son to operate. He doesn't have the marketing skills to grow the commissions, but he can maintain everything and the sites make plenty of money for him while he finishes college.
    Last edited by Larry; August 23rd, 2010 at 03:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JCSupSvc View Post
    Trust. You're missing trust John.

You have to just fork over the cash and trust that everything you are being told is true.

How old is this forum? My pm's go back to 2002 I think.

Outsourced Program Manager Sarah Bundy's Avatar
    It may just be me, and maybe the people I know, and maybe other business people, like me, but I haven't met anyone who has ever paid money to buy something that's a mystery item.

It's like buying a car from from the internet without seeing a picture of it or test driving it first. I don't know anyone who would fork up a bunch of cash just to see and test drive the damn thing.
    Last edited by Sarah Bundy; August 23rd, 2010 at 10:05 PM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by Larry View Post
    And we can see the sites..talk about them..and complete a deal. I'm not asking for you or anybody else to send me cash up front.

Covered this already but thanks for your feedback.

Ok, last call on this so I thought I would develop a payment program.

I'll sell the sites for $3000 - $600 down and the balance paid in 4 installments of $600 every 3 weeks. So your out of pocket will be limited to the first payment of $600 and then you should have no problem paying the remaining balance in commissions.

If you're interested in the above payment plan, drop me a pm and I'll get back to you.

This offer (and thread) will expire at midnight est

18. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread