Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Visual Artist & ABW Ambassador lostdeviant's Avatar
    Sugar and Soft drinks made me fat :-)
    I normally eat mostly veggies, but I had gained quite a lot of weight in the last few years, but 3 months after cutting soft drinks and added-sugar from my diet I'm down to 81 kilos (179 pounds) and 34 waist jeans (was up to 38 before I made the change) and still dropping 1-2 kilos a month. I have about 3-4 kilos more to lose to have a flat stomach, but I look good for my height again.

I'm not doing much more exercise than walking and about 20-30 min of weights every other day. so while you think about reducing fat don't forget to reduce or eliminate sugar if you haven't already. Sugar and corn syrup can make someone gain weight just as easily.

WTG! Pop and extra sugar is a real killer. You cut the right things, that's for sure.
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

ABW Ambassador
    What do you drink now instead of soft drinks?

Quote Originally Posted by Trust View Post
    What do you drink now instead of soft drinks?

I am drinking water, tea, and coffee. No, I'm not adding sugar to any of them.

Refined sugar and white starches (potatoes, rice, white bread) are the worst. Congrats on dropping the pounds... er... kilos.
    Daniel M. Clark
    Tech Manager
    Greg Hoffman Consulting

That's why they call it the White Powder of Death.

Cauz it will killya if consume too much.

Sugar - Flour - Salt - and of course, Cocaine. LOL.

My hardest one to give up is sugar in the coffee with cream... yum!

Nice job on your weight loss and path to better health!

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    WTG Christopher

I'm a sugar addict and know that refined sugar is my demon. If I get motivated to lose, I replace the sugar cravings with a salty snack or a piece of protein. Eventually (after a week or 2) the sugar craving is gone - the weight drops quickly and the addiction is curbed.

Soda has to be the worst offender for anyone trying to keep weight down. I'm grateful I've never had that habit and don't crave it.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Arghh!!! And I so love soda! And hot strong sweet tea! And real sweet ice cream!
    Michelle
    Affilorama Group Ltd
    Affiliate Marketing by Affilorama | Free SEO Software by Traffic Travis

Of course, sugar is the first product that can result in weight gain. I have excluded sugar from my daily use already some two years. And you no, it is not so hard as it seems at the beginning. I am glad that author of this topic did have such a good experience in weight losing!

I forgot about this thread. as a quick update, I'm down to size 32 waist jeans and about 77 kilograms and I've been in this size for about a month. My weight is pretty stable now, so I don't plan on dropping another size :-)

Good for you! It's great to come in and find good news

CPA Network Rep
    Congrats on the successful weight-loss. Now the real battle is maintaining the weight. Although sugar and soda can be extremely dangerous for your weight, there is nothing wrong with having some in moderation. I have a huge sweet tooth and I couldn't live the rest of my life happily without some indulgences. The important thing is to compensate for the indulgence. If you decide to have a piece of cheesecake, you'd want to have a small piece, cut some calories from other meals in your day, and get more exercise. Everyone has certain weaknesses in their fitness goals, but the important part is to know how to deal with them without torturing yourself. When most people deprive themselves of their favorite food, they tend to binge and ruin all the hard work they've done all week.

I tired to cut out sugar too but the sweettooth keeps coming back. I opted for artifical sweeteners instead. Yeah, I know, they give you cancer. But sometimes diet soda and sugar free popsicles really hit the spot.

That's not easy for me to quit sugar, well, maybe for most ladies i think, because my whole family love sugar. The strange thing is, excepet me they all got standard shape. So that's really bothers me. I'm going to take a vocation next week, maybe i'll try life without sugar. Hope it works.

Sugar addiction is very common. It takes a while to break it (a few days for the headaches to go away and a few weeks for the cravings to go away), but even just consuming very little sugar (in any form) will make a big difference.
    Don't forget that most processed food has it as a main ingredient like breakfast cereals :-)

update: I haven't been strict on the diet since I'm already at a good weight, but still avoiding soda most of the time been around 76 kilos this last month. (1 less) same jean size.

Affiliate Manager
    All the power to you and anyone getting off sugar. A better life awaits you!!

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    I keep away from sugar and soda at home. I drink diet when I am out. Trying to go organic, less mass, higher nutrients and no chemicals. Remember that processed foods take 30% less energy to process so its easy to carry 30% more weight. I still hit the fast food when I am in a hurry. The other thing to remember is that so much store bought food has breading, more salt. Bread, potatoes are complex carbs that turn to sugar just take a bit longer. My weakness is beer and wine so I limit myself. I have been going to the gym 4 days a week for fitness and stress reduction. My biggest problem and hardest to overcome is eating late. My wife is always after me and she cut back carbs, alcohol even coffee (adds sugar free vanilla and cream). She lost 25 pounds and looks terrific. Also being more fit increases your sex drive (not that I am bragging).

Affiliate Manager RobinD4Hypnosis's Avatar
    It takes 21 days to create or break a habit. Sugar is the toughest for me. I have not Sweet Tea (very popular in the Southern US) in almost a year. I also reduced my regular soda intake considerably. It truly makes a difference.

Reducing sugar from regular diet? It's impossible. Well how about taking diet sugar as I've no other habit to drink e.g, soda or alcohol. Online money making is making me fatty day by day..and now really need some effective control over diet.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Too high a sugar intake can add weight, but it won't kill you as will artificial sweeteners. Look at this old thread.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by AffiliateHound View Post
    Too high a sugar intake can add weight, but it won't kill you as will artificial sweeteners. Look at this old thread.
    Diet anything (where they replace the sugars) is something I avoid.. lets face it: I was buying chocolate 1500 lbs at a time and the 'sugar free' stuff is not good for anybody.. it's better to get off of your butt and do more than just walk around... (and I consider what most people call jogging as walking). A few months ago someone said they were taking up running and I asked what their times were.. (it ended up being walking time..) running is when you move like a lion is going to eat you.. until you put in that level of effort you are just spinning your wheels and talking a lot.

"Reducing sugar from regular diet? It's impossible"
    no, it was not very difficult. you just have to make the decision to do it and get over the sugar cravings the first few weeks. It is the easiest way to get rid of unnecessary calories.
    once you go back on high sugar foods you'll either have to get a lot more exercise or accept weight gain.

Whilst I agree that sugar intake should be limited you should never aim to cut out sugar entirely (unless for medical reasons).

Remember that balance is all important and if you have been particularly vigilant the occasional treat is good for you.

Keep your chocolate mine is a pint of draught Guinness

Quote Originally Posted by lostdeviant View Post
    "Reducing sugar from regular diet? It's impossible"
    no, it was not very difficult. you just have to make the decision to do it and get over the sugar cravings the first few weeks. It is the easiest way to get rid of unnecessary calories.
    once you go back on high sugar foods you'll either have to get a lot more exercise or accept weight gain.
    Bro, today I just tried a coffee without sugar however it was just yaaaakk
    Start a campaign of 2 wks without sugar and lets see how much weight can be reduced.

Quote Originally Posted by bestweblover08 View Post
    Bro, today I just tried a coffee without sugar however it was just yaaaakk
    Start a campaign of 2 wks without sugar and lets see how much weight can be reduced.
    Well said,lets try coffee without sugar......
    [B][COLOR="Purple"]Maria Jarel[/COLOR][/B]
    [COLOR="Black"] Partnerships Executive[/COLOR] |[COLOR="Green"] Logoinn.com [/COLOR]| [COLOR="DimGray"]The Art for Business
    [/COLOR]

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast