SAS Video Feedback
    Good Day Brian, Carolyn, SAS,

First of all, I would like to thank SAS for providing this great tool! I think SAS Video tool is awesome and if used wisely, it can convert clicks to sales much better than other tools. And, so far SAS is the only network where I've found the video tools. I was so impressed with this tool that I thought of setting up a website where I will promote products and services of my favorite merchants using their product videos. The site is setup and I'm about to go Live with it today.

There are a few things that bother me and I request SAS watch these things closely because this impacts affiliate's conversion directly.

I have seen merchants including website address and/or direct sales phone number in the videos. I'm not sure if this is allowed or not but as an affiliate, I don't feel like promoting merchants that include their website URL or phone number in the videos. If a customer watches a video and finds the URL, they will directly type-in URL and buy the product. Same with phone number, they find the ph number, dial it and buy the product. What's in it for me? I request SAS to do something about this, think over it please. There are some very good merchants that I wish to promote using their videos but some of these factors stop me from promoting them.

Also, there are few videos that are a little too short. IMO, To convert views to sales, introductory videos of 30 seconds or 1 minute are simply not enough. You really have to talk about the product, how it can help, who is using it, how much it costs and other things that can be helpful in converting views to sales. I wish I could make a video myself but to be frank, I'm not that skilled

I will continue posting my feedback in this thread and hopefully we can exchange ideas to make this awesome tool even better.

Once again, I wish to thank SAS for putting up this wonderful tool!

Thanks & Regards,
    Adarsh Kaushal.

Another Suggestion:

I miss one thing in all the videos available at SAS:

"Call for action"

Imagine, if there were a button on the videos with text "Click here" or "Buy Now" or "Click for details".

Customers may see the whole video or may decide to buy a specific product in the middle of the video. In such a situation, customer will not wait for the video to end and there is no way they will know that they should click on the video itself to buy a product.

In such a situation, customers may seek Google and find that product instead of going through my website. But if there's a "call for action" button on the video or on side of the video with affiliate link, they could quickly click it and complete a sale. Also, when you point the mouse over the video, nothing shows up. If hovering over the video would drop a title "Click to buy" or something, even that could help.

All in all, I wish to say that there should be some "call for action" on the video itself that could encourage a viewer to click on it and visit the product website.

Of course, right now, I have a BIG button below each video on my site that says: Click here for more details.

What do you think of this suggestion? Do you think it would be great to have a "call for action" right on the video itself?

I just saw another video while posting it on my website. This merchant used the call for action in the Video Title.

Title: Product Name (click video to visit!)

That's good because a potential customer watching this video would know what to do. On the other hand, this makes the video title too small. So IMO, if there was some button on the video that says "Click for details", it would be really good!

Regards,
    Adarsh.

When you publish a video you have the opportunity to tell people about the video and you could maybe give them some hints as to what details are available if they click. That is much better than a generic "Click for details" on the video itself.

Hello 2busy,

Thanks for replying to this thread with suggestions.

Here's my website Featuredbox.com (if you check the individual posts, you'll see the way I'm using the videos).

I'm using content to promote products but the way this website is setup, it is all about "video reviews". And I wish the video to do all the talking. If people read the written stuff, it is good but if they don't wish to read the content, the video should do everything: provide all information and then call to action, direct the viewer to merchant's website.

Sorry, but I still think it is up to you to provide a call to action when you use a video. The video is intended to interest the viewer and you should provide a reason why they would want to click through for details.
    Nice looking site. This is not the site review area of ABW so I don't want to take this thread off topic, but it could help you to get some feedback.

Thanks 2busy

Thank you for visiting the site and appreciate the suggestions. I will post the site in Reviews section to get everyone's views about the site and the way it is setup.

There's another thing about SAS videos, when you make a video, you can include a sidebar on the video. This is a very good option. When you make a video, you are given 2 options to choose from. Either you can go ahead with a Standard video or you can select the Cue Point Player. The Cue Point Player option is pretty nice, it attaches a sidebar to the videos that can be opened with a click or even you can define cue points at certain time intervals in the video. I created 1 video for Learn and Master and got to learn a lot about videos. This is a good aspect of SAS videos and I'm pretty sure, it helps in converting views to sales. Anything that encourages viewers to click, should be implemented.

I still feel that the videos should have a call to action. IMO, using some 'call to action' button on the videos will definitely help getting more clicks.

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread