Sorry if I sound dumb, but how is can Ebates take away links from my site? I see a whole gush about it, but I don't understand how it happens.

Thanks

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Read the posts here at ABW and you'll understand. Suffice it to say ..they devised a way to get more than 100 times the sales credits then they have unique visitors to their web site. The rest of us are lucky to get 1 sale per 100 visitor click throughs.

Webmaster Mike

"Anyone can make a dollar, it is when you make sense that it starts to add up."...does your eBiz plan make sense?

They have devised and implemented software that redirects affiliate links to them. When somebody has that software downloaded on their computer, and clicks on your link, ebates' software changes the affiliate code to their own so that they get credit for the sale even though the visitor clicked on your link.

---
    Judge your success by the degree that you're enjoying peace, health, and love.

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    Originally posted by BMon:
    Sorry if I sound dumb, but how can Ebates take away links from my site? I see a whole gush about it, but I don't understand how it happens.

You should read the message board. I am sure you will find things in the parasite forum that explain this better.

A parasite is generally a piece of software that runs on a client's (your customer's computer). It monitors their activity. When you click on a CJ tag, the computer swaps out your affiliate tag with their affiliate tag.

The parasite software is on the client's computer. Completely outside of your control. The parasite simply needs a trojan to get it installed, and bam, all of your commissions are gone.

The pure 100% swap parasites are the evilest of the lot. Many of the parasites are things that popup coupon offers when a client visits a site. For example, you send some one to JuddsSpuds.com, the Parasite would popup a coupon on JuddSpuds.com. If the user clicks the coupon, bam no more commission for you----loser.

boom!

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread